Ridley Scott Talks Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 05, 2015, 12:04:28 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 (Read 26,358 times)

HuDaFuK

Eh. Usually when people rave about something being magnificent I can see where there coming from, even if I don't agree. With the early comics I just do not get it. Literally nothing about them strikes me as even remotely spectacular at all.

They feel like a kid's fan-fic to me, with the exception of a couple of minor mature points, which in turn feel like they were thrown in in some kind of attempt to stop it being kids' fan fiction, and as a result they're pretty much dropped straight away.

THE CITY HUNTER

2 more prometues movies and more Alien 5 i got a bad feeling about this an it aint no man

Mr. Clemens

I just don't want to see Alien 3 retconned. It was a lovely conclusion, and Sigourney's finest performance in the series.

Alien Resurrection, on the other hand, can take a flying f--- at a rolling donut.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Oct 23, 2015, 10:10:03 PM
I just don't want to see Alien 3 retconned. It was a lovely conclusion, and Sigourney's finest performance in the series.

Alien Resurrection, on the other hand, can take a flying f--- at a rolling donut.
Mr Clemens:

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Oct 23, 2015, 10:31:47 PM

Mr Clemens:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=never+surrender&view=detailv2&&id=ADDA36AC76349D3F866C5B3FFA409099BF23713B&selectedIndex=22&ccid=HFjmkxsQ&simid=607988312688232216&thid=OIP.M1c58e6931b10c0e42b5f075e3538eec4o0&ajaxhist=0

Linky no worky.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Oct 23, 2015, 11:02:44 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Oct 23, 2015, 10:31:47 PM

Mr Clemens:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=never+surrender&view=detailv2&&id=ADDA36AC76349D3F866C5B3FFA409099BF23713B&selectedIndex=22&ccid=HFjmkxsQ&simid=607988312688232216&thid=OIP.M1c58e6931b10c0e42b5f075e3538eec4o0&ajaxhist=0

Linky no worky.

Ah great never mind all I wanted to say is NEVER SURRENDER TO THE FAN BOYS

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Oct 23, 2015, 10:10:03 PMI just don't want to see Alien 3 retconned. It was a lovely conclusion, and Sigourney's finest performance in the series.

I've always thought it ironic that the two weaker films contain by far the best performances from Weaver. She's superb in 3 and Resurrection.

Samus007

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 26, 2015, 08:38:44 AM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Oct 23, 2015, 10:10:03 PMI just don't want to see Alien 3 retconned. It was a lovely conclusion, and Sigourney's finest performance in the series.

I've always thought it ironic that the two weaker films contain by far the best performances from Weaver. She's superb in 3 and Resurrection.

I can't say I agree with you on this, while she did a great job in Alien 3, she, along with everything else in Resurrection, sucked. While she isn't as bad as the rest of the film per say, all her one liners and corny scenes were just awful, in my opinion. She almost won an Academy Award and a Golden Globe for her acting in part 2, and for a reason, she was spot on perfect in that film. And while she was nominated for best actress in all her alien roles via "Academy of Science Fiction", she only ever won for her part in Aliens.

marrerom

I agree. Strong performances in all of the Alien films.  I hope that if they do retcon those films that they are incorporated into the new continuity in some form.

THE CITY HUNTER

That is true she gave a good performance

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Oct 26, 2015, 06:24:43 PM

That is true she gave a good performance

I can't agree with this.  For me the best performances in order were:

Aliens
Alien
Alien 3
Alien: Resurrection

James Cameron brought out the best in Sigourney Weaver.  Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Avatar.  I am not a fan of that performance.

NickisSmart

She's definitely the star in Aliens, but I prefer her as the Final Girl in Alien. She seems less tableaux and more real in the first film.

Perfect-Organism

Sigourney definitely did a lot of great things for women in her role.  It was groundbreaking for her to carry the lead role in such action thrillers.  I actually think her character in the second film is an excellent role model, but that is more the character than the actor.

Then again, she did kind of refuse to help the other marines who were being cocooned...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed