PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Sep 24, 2015, 04:24:48 PM

Author
PROMETHEUS 2 titled revealed by Ridley Scott: ALIEN: PARADISE LOST (Read 54,206 times)

System Apollo

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Sep 28, 2015, 12:24:37 AM
Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 27, 2015, 01:37:32 PM
I really hope that the universe doesn't tighten to the point where we can't make any sensible stories with the Predator crossover...

.... LOL

They should have it so a character breaks the fourth, looking at the camera and say 'Predator does not exist in the Alien universe'
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:!!!

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 25, 2015, 12:15:34 AM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Sep 24, 2015, 11:55:17 PM
Why not just call it Prometheus 2? This is going to be so confusing when we have Alien 5 coming out.

Well I suppose they are just branding this as Alien now. Who knows whats going on with Blomkamp's movie

It is weird for including alien in the title. I would have expected then to really go the engineer route and tell us even more about their society ??

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 26, 2015, 10:23:08 PM
Yup.  Absolutely love what he is doing.  He's very consciously driving this forward on the anticipation of 'The Martian' being a big hit. 

Absolutely love it.  Instead of nagging on about the title, I'm embracing it as a new entry in the series.  After all, including Blomkamp's  effort, we are getting 4 new 'ALIEN' movies now.   I don't care that Ridley is making the series his own.  He should have made the sequel to 'ALIEN' in the first place.

Maybe he'll retcon 'ALIENS' as well as anything beyond the original movie.  Now THAT would be something to whine about.  After all, he has been known to say it's not the direction he would have taken the 2nd movie if he was involved. 

I'm so looking forward to see how this all unfolds over the next few years.  Love what you're doing, Sir Scott.  Absolutely love it!

-Windebieste.

Agreed. I just hope he stays the course and does the engineer society thing and shows us some of big boy. With the third movie tieing into alien. And no more xenos just an origin story albeit not spoon fed.

Just stay the course Ridley.

Retconning aliens was something I wanted for along time. Not because I don't like the movie but because it would be nice as you said to see Ridley doing the sequel.

david8

The engineers will still be central I'm guessing, but it's implied that they were created by a higher power, whatever that higher power will be is what's got me excited.

The title "change" (it was always going to be called what it is now according to Scott) is a lucrative move since they may have written the story in a way where seeing Prometheus won't be absolutely necessary. Of course it'll help if one did see it, but I saw Aliens first before I watched Alien without any confusion when I was a young lad (6 or 7 if I remember correctly lol).

I know it's easy to be cynical, but I think there is a solid trajectory being set up here narrative-wise, I'm excited but cautious.

Truth

I hope none of this garbage speculation/ideas you all are making come to fruition...This whole re connection to the beast is just Ridley pandering to the fanboys who were disappointed they didn't get the same ol' rehashed face hugging, chest bursting, spoon fed prequel/sequel they feel they are entitled to...  ::) God forbid he takes a chance and goes in a fresh direction, he even stated before Prometheus was released that it would eventually tie in to Alien. But NOOOO, people can't wait. Don't get me wrong Prometheus isn't perfect.

The only problems is has though are pacing issues and editing issues. Everything else I see people complaining about is stupid. Milbourne did nothing different than what Kane did in the original that lead to his death. The air was established breathable, so don't go there it has nothing to do with anything. As far as why didn't Vickers and Shaw run side ways DOESN'T MATTER! They were going to die anyway! OR maybe in panic they couldn't think straight, have you ever had to run from a giant falling croissant?!?! Even if you have we are not all the same, nor would we react in the same way.

If you didn't like it its because you feel entitled to a certain stereotypical sequel. As for the Blomkamp sequel its going to be garbage too. They already jump the shark with bring back hicks, and that stupid looking alien suit ripley is wearing in concept art. What is this going to devolve into a Kenner alien movie?!?! Hicks and NEwt died rightful, so get over it. These movies should have stopped at the third one. It was the perfect three act play. You had the scary movie, the action movie, and the sad conclusion. It ended with Ripley sacrificing herself so that the beast wouldn't reek havoc on humanity. The fact she lost the only two people in all of deep space she loved, made it that much more powerful. It said to her this beast will take all she loves from her unless she makes the ultimate sacrifice. But none of you can see this because again, you were too bust crying about what your entitled self didn't get. This Blomkamp movie will be a stain on the underwear of this franchise like Resurrection and those god awful AVP movies are. You will never catch lighting in a bottle. There will NEVER be another Alien movie that will have the same impact that the first did when it came out. Appreciate the original for what it is and move on in a fresh direction. Leave well enough alone.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Sep 26, 2015, 04:50:22 AM
I'm not sure if some of you people are quite letting this sink in quite enough; we have an Alien, not Prometheus but Alien, movie being directed by Ridley Scott that will explore the origins of the stuff from the first film and is being carefully planned to fit into a wider narrative that could lead to a resurgence of the Alien franchise.  Unless the movie absolutely blows chunks, this is literally the answer to all our post-Resurrection/AVP prayers.

Totally.  Good point

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Sep 26, 2015, 04:50:22 AM
I'm not sure if some of you people are quite letting this sink in quite enough; we have an Alien, not Prometheus but Alien, movie being directed by Ridley Scott that will explore the origins of the stuff from the first film and is being carefully planned to fit into a wider narrative that could lead to a resurgence of the Alien franchise.  Unless the movie absolutely blows chunks, this is literally the answer to all our post-Resurrection/AVP prayers.

Enthusiasm dampens when you remember what he was saying in interviews during the 'Prometheus' production, like how there were going to be scenes which would surpass Lambert's death and "scare the shit out of" us.

The same guy who felt it would be impossible for the Alien's original design to ever again be portrayed effectively - and gave us the LOL-worthy Dolphin Deacon, instead.

The same guy who is on the record as saying he was perfectly happy with the final edit of 'Prometheus' and hasn't shown any hint of acknowledging its flaws, much less remedying them.

Primordial

Quote from: Truth on Sep 28, 2015, 04:22:08 PM
I hope none of this garbage speculation/ideas you all are making come to fruition...This whole re connection to the beast is just Ridley pandering to the fanboys who were disappointed they didn't get the same ol' rehashed face hugging, chest bursting, spoon fed prequel/sequel they feel they are entitled to...  ::) God forbid he takes a chance and goes in a fresh direction, he even stated before Prometheus was released that it would eventually tie in to Alien. But NOOOO, people can't wait. Don't get me wrong Prometheus isn't perfect.

The only problems is has though are pacing issues and editing issues. Everything else I see people complaining about is stupid. Milbourne did nothing different than what Kane did in the original that lead to his death. The air was established breathable, so don't go there it has nothing to do with anything.

Well, globally agreed.
Not liking a movie is a thing. Posting countless times in a hatred manner is another thing. Prometheus doesn't deserve that.
I feel grateful to Damon Lindelof who contributed to widen the Alienverse.

The execution could have been a bit better for Milburn's death. Just a 'humble example' of how it could have been : he backs off from the hammerpede when it clearly threatens him, then it approaches slowly while Milburn starts to regret his act and getting ready to escape but the hammerpede was faster and bites his arm.
Also the goo-worm entered too easily his mouth.

QuoteAs far as why didn't Vickers and Shaw run side ways DOESN'T MATTER! They were going to die anyway! OR maybe in panic they couldn't think straight, have you ever had to run from a giant falling croissant?!?! Even if you have we are not all the same, nor would we react in the same way.

;D
In their defense, Shaw and Vickers changed at least one time their direction. And with all the Prometheus debris falling here and there, and in panic as you say, one could probably not feel inclined to change constantly his escape route...?!

CainsSon

Quote from: Truth on Sep 28, 2015, 04:22:08 PM

The only problems is has though are pacing issues and editing issues. Everything else I see people complaining about is stupid. Milbourne did nothing different than what Kane did in the original that lead to his death. The air was established breathable, so don't go there it has nothing to do with anything. As far as why didn't Vickers and Shaw run side ways DOESN'T MATTER! They were going to die anyway! OR maybe in panic they couldn't think straight, have you ever had to run from a giant falling croissant?!?! Even if you have we are not all the same, nor would we react in the same way.

If you didn't like it its because you feel entitled to a certain stereotypical sequel. As for the Blomkamp sequel its going to be garbage too. They already jump the shark with bring back hicks, and that stupid looking alien suit ripley is wearing in concept art. What is this going to devolve into a Kenner alien movie?!?! Hicks and NEwt died rightful, so get over it. These movies should have stopped at the third one. It was the perfect three act play. You had the scary movie, the action movie, and the sad conclusion. It ended with Ripley sacrificing herself so that the beast wouldn't reek havoc on humanity. The fact she lost the only two people in all of deep space she loved, made it that much more powerful. It said to her this beast will take all she loves from her unless she makes the ultimate sacrifice. But none of you can see this because again, you were too bust crying about what your entitled self didn't get. This Blomkamp movie will be a stain on the underwear of this franchise like Resurrection and those god awful AVP movies are. You will never catch lighting in a bottle. There will NEVER be another Alien movie that will have the same impact that the first did when it came out. Appreciate the original for what it is and move on in a fresh direction. Leave well enough alone.

I agree with so much of what this guy is saying. They should have stopped at Alien 3, as the tragic finale works as a 3 act structure. I always say its the final scene of Aliens that messed up the continuity. Its the 'Happy' ending of that, that screwed up Alien 3 for me. It doesn't work in Resurrection either. Even Prometheus should have ended when David tell Shaw 'it's not the only ship.' It should have cut to black there.

That said, I think Ridley isn't CONNECTING this the way most people are reading into this. Ripley won't be in the movie. He simply means, there are things in Alien, like maybe the Derelict, or the Space Jockey that flies it away, or the Mining colony which we will see in this film. That's it. I will bet money it's not an explict tie-in the way people are reading into it.
Personally, from what I understand of Paradise Lost, I like the grand idea Ridley is building towards, I just hope it stays 'R' rated and edgy in the process.

Its a good time to be an Alien fan.

T Dog

I'd guess the Ripley connection is just something like the Nostromo in a hangar or being mentioned or something.

Ridley tends to get very enthusiastic about very average ideas. I doubt it's something spell-bounding. I bet he thinks the idea of an easter egg is f**king genius and is completely unaware that other film-makers have been having them for years.

Bobso

When Ridley says "I think I have to go again... We will see who made it, and why. That's what's interesting."

Almost sounds like someone literally put it together from pieces of 'something' like lego. Could it be that the alien was a mishmash of body parts? Since the damn engineer's body is literally like an alien anyway.

Keyes

Another Ridley quote I found:

"I'm actually going to be working again with Michael Fassbender in February on Prometheus 2. It's written, so I'm not chugging along and trying to work out where we're going to do it. With something like that, it's six-month prep. We're going to call it Alien: Paradise Lost. We're getting closer and closer to the creation of the beasts—how and why they were created—and the first Alien film that I made over thirty years ago. And we have Neill Blomkamp's Alien, which will be out in 2017. We just have the first [screenplay] draft in so far but it looks pretty good."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/26/ridley-scott-on-the-martian-his-groundbreaking-1984-apple-commercial-and-prometheus-2.html

Darkness

He just said Blomkamps movie is out 2017?
They can't both be out in the same year.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 29, 2015, 02:54:18 PM

I thought Blonkamp's movie got pushed back by this one.

pred169

It's all a bunch of misdirection. That's the one thing about ridley I never cared for. Either he's always drunk as a skunk, crazy as a lab rat, or he is the king of misdirection and misinformation. Everytime he talks he contradicts what he said in the previous interview. It's ridiculous. I've given up watching his interviews and pretty well come to the conclusion that if he is at the helm I'll just have to wait to see what it's about. Because I sure as hell ain't gonna find out the details from his interviews.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Darkness on Sep 29, 2015, 02:54:18 PM

They might be aiming for a March 2017 release for Paradise and a Christmas 2017 release for Alien V. That will give the two films about 9 months separation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed