Prometheus 2 To "Begin" Answering Questions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 17, 2015, 09:12:13 AM

Author
Prometheus 2 To "Begin" Answering Questions (Read 25,699 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 26, 2015, 05:18:58 PMI feel like the whole presentation was as another member put it; a prologue. I really feel that his sequel will be a better movie in every aspect.

While I hear what you're saying, the idea of making a film that's simply a prologue to a proposed sequel really pisses me off.

A film should stand on it's own as a self-contained piece of entertainment, end of. If I have to start watching sequels just to enjoy the first, they've failed. I don't need to watch Aliens to enjoy or understand Alien. The same should be true of Prometheus, regardless of how good or bad the sequel is.

T Dog

What if that Engineer pointing at the stars was saying "if you go out there, don't go near these stars."

So a distress/warning signal?  :P
Where have we all seen one of those before?

System Apollo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 28, 2015, 08:44:34 AM
Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 26, 2015, 05:18:58 PMI feel like the whole presentation was as another member put it; a prologue. I really feel that his sequel will be a better movie in every aspect.

While I hear what you're saying, the idea of making a film that's simply a prologue to a proposed sequel really pisses me off.

A film should stand on it's own as a self-contained piece of entertainment, end of. If I have to start watching sequels just to enjoy the first, they've failed. I don't need to watch Aliens to enjoy or understand Alien. The same should be true of Prometheus, regardless of how good or bad the sequel is.
And I definitely agree with that. Usually films that turn into trilogies concentrate their effort on the first film. When it succeeds then you would know to create a sequel. Scott for some reason made his film knowingly that he would get a sequel by default and Prometheus suffers for that. Paradise Lost will (at least hopefully) be better than Prometheus but now this kind of concept is floating in Hollywood as a possibility meaning that we might begin seeing a trend of prologue movies. I really hope that this is not going to be the case.

oduodu

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 24, 2015, 09:58:18 AM
Quote from: david8 on Sep 24, 2015, 08:54:08 AMThat the star maps were an "invitation" is also just Shaw's assumption. I prefer Fifield's assumption - "bullshit".

But if the facility is making/housing biological weapons that are earmarked for our destruction, why would the Engineers leave us any clue as to where it is? That would be like Assad emailing the Syrian rebels with the locations of his chemical weapons stockpiles.

More importantly why wait 35000 years ?? Perhaps initially they were making something else ??

CainsSon

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 17, 2015, 09:37:34 AM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Sep 17, 2015, 09:24:55 AM
When Scott refers to it as a means to protect themselves is that implying there's an event greater threat to the Engineers?  :o

My guess would be...

Very excited for round 2.

This is a very interesting concept. And its kind of right in front of us to see. People have been asking how the black goo ties into the derelict and the eggs and you're saying that the Deacon that we see, is actually an attempt made by the engineers to destroy the Xenomorphs. Meaning the black goo doesn't make Xenomorphs, it makes a creature they were designing to fight the xenomorphs.
Kinda interesting, but also sort of lame in the end, there are just two kinds of Xenos, that battle each other.

I much prefer the Paradise Lost angle. Which - as far as explaining the events in Promtheus - implies that there are instead to kinds of Engineers. Fallen Angels and Beloved Angels. And then there is their Creator who has also created man. The fallen Angels, would be the ones we met on LV223 and as per Paradise Lost, they are creating a POISON, meant to POISON the human race because their creator loves us more than they.
This poison is fed to Adam and Eve in the Garden Of Eden.
So then we would have Shaw and David in Paradise (the garden of eden) where the Devil - the leader of the Fallen Engineers, will disguise himself and trick David and Shaw into drinking the Poison. The Black Goo?
And that maybe creates the Alien somehow? By way of David being an android?
I dunno.
In any case, that would make the Goo poisoning the human race to create the Xeno's to destroy their creator.

Alien³

Quote from: CainsSon on Sep 29, 2015, 06:16:27 AM
and you're saying that the Deacon that we see, is actually an attempt made by the engineers to destroy the Xenomorphs.

Not what I was saying at all.

Quote from: CainsSon on Sep 29, 2015, 06:16:27 AM
Meaning the black goo doesn't make Xenomorphs, it makes a creature they were designing to fight the xenomorphs.
Kinda interesting, but also sort of lame in the end, there are just two kinds of Xenos, that battle each other.

I was implying that the deacon is an accident as a result of the black goo coming into contact with a human. I was questioning what the black goo would do if it came in contact with an alien.

In no way was I saying the deacon was a weapon to fight the aliens.

Although I do acknowledge that is another theory.

david8

david8

"Why would they give any clue at all?" Assuming "they" - the engineers on 223 - were the ones that gave the star-map "clues", or, indeed, "warnings", again, that's an assumption. But let's say they were responsible, and for a time things were good - the engineers gave man knowledge, fire, etc - but "God" found out, so they started creating bio-weapons to counter God's wrath - "to protect themselves from what?" A being pointing to an arbitrary cluster of stars by itself doesn't impart much information, the point is that the supposition that they "changed their minds" is Shaw's interpretation, I submit that they were culturing life over several worlds to test their weapons on with no foresight or care about humans at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed