Prometheus 2 To "Begin" Answering Questions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 17, 2015, 09:12:13 AM

Author
Prometheus 2 To "Begin" Answering Questions (Read 26,157 times)

dave1978

So you want to introduce Oredators to Prometheus 2,  yeah OK.  So we gret a PredEngineer,  sn***er.

HuDaFuK

Given what a mess the first film was, I'm not exactly jumping out of my seat over the sequel.

Saying Prometheus 2 will "begin" answering questions just makes me feel like they don't really have a clue where they're going to go with it. Which just smacks of typical Lindelof.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 22, 2015, 11:07:01 AM
Saying Prometheus 2 will "begin" answering questions just makes me feel like they don't really have a clue where they're going to go with it. Which just smacks of typical Lindelof.

Good thing then that Lindelof isn't involved with the sequel.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 22, 2015, 11:56:03 AMGood thing then that Lindelof isn't involved with the sequel.

No, but he came up with all the original, unanswered questions in the original that they now have to try and solve in a meaningful way. That's typical Lindelof. Come up with great ideas, then totally fail to resolve them.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 20, 2015, 05:54:02 PM
The eggs are on a mural being clutched by an Alien's hands with all four petals open.

Also, there would be no reason for a Queen to naturally lay ampules. :)
So what came first, the egg or the ampule? :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 22, 2015, 01:02:59 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 20, 2015, 05:54:02 PM
The eggs are on a mural being clutched by an Alien's hands with all four petals open.

Also, there would be no reason for a Queen to naturally lay ampules. :)
So what came first, the egg or the ampule? :P

The chicken came first.

But the biggest unanswered question is how did Tom Ed Lawrence do that trick with the match? Because it damn well hurts when I try it at home.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

in case anyone is interested I've uncovered a video where Michael Biehn addresses Neill Blomkamp's upcoming Alien film and his supposed role.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmUH_eA9VGE

With Prometheus 2 slated for a release in 2017 do you reckon Neill Blomkamp's movie will go into Production around the same time fora release of 2018? And for that matter isn't Ridley Scott meant to be making a total of 3 Prometheus related movies, the1st one which came out in 2012, the 2nd which he'll be working on now, and finally a 3rd which will fill the gap to the events of the original Alien? Wonder if Scott will be have to force his other two Prometheus film into a singular sequel in order to make room for Neill's movie.

ripp3r

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 17, 2015, 02:32:55 PM
What if the engineer's threat  were a race considered to be the architects?

I hate making up ideas but I thought this was rather interesting to share, just food for thought.

Something makes the setting and something else casts the actors.

The architects make worlds and galaxies while the engineers make life to populate them. And of course, because it is a movie, they have some conflict.

I actually expected this back in my analysis of one of the trailers in 2012 - though I thought the tendrils would be more prevalent than they turned out to be.

Quote from: ripp3r on Mar 17, 2012, 08:41:01 PM
I have also started to wonder if there are 2 alien species being dealt with; the engineers (pale-blue figures) and the space jockeys.  Perhaps a war between the two occurred or is occurring and we have found ourselves in the middle?  Not sure how the tendrils fit in though, unless they serve as a weapon used from one against the other.

I still maintain that the Engineers are emulating some other creature with the image of the suits they wear.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Sep 22, 2015, 10:27:07 PMfinally a 3rd which will fill the gap to the events of the original Alien

The whole concept of this puts me off. If the original idea to make a straight Alien prequel was so deliberately (and messily) discarded for Prometheus, why are they now going back to it for a sequel? It's probably just going to make things even more clumsy.

markweatherill

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 22, 2015, 01:26:12 PM
that trick with the match? Because it damn well hurts when I try it at home.

:D

whiterabbit

Quote from: markweatherill on Sep 23, 2015, 11:34:10 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 22, 2015, 01:26:12 PM
that trick with the match? Because it damn well hurts when I try it at home.

:D
Have you tried licking your fingers first.... it helps.

mythology

mythology

The words biology and bacteriology intrigue me. We really haven't had biotechnology aliens in movies for a while except in the movie pacific rim where the monsters were seen being weaved together. The engineers seem a bit deeper in the field than the guys who cooked up the dinosaurs in jurassic world. I always thought the black goo in the intro of the movie was programmed to use him to spread life. So here is a question I wonder if the sequel will answer, was the black goo the crew encountered programmed to act that way or did they stumble into goo that had no programming thus random bacteria natured chaos ensued?

whiterabbit

I think the first question about the black goo is; is it engineer made or is it natural? Then the questions never end. Was it past it's best by date? Was the ampules they encountered toxic waste? Did everything go to shit because it mixed? Why did it make the worms sexy hammerpedes and Fifield a butt ugly zombie? On and on and on...

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 23, 2015, 08:04:23 PMWhy did it make the worms sexy hammerpedes and Fifield a butt ugly zombie?

Because it was gonna make Fifield a sexy Alien but then they changed it into something else that makes significantly less sense. Basically like the entire movie.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 23, 2015, 08:34:11 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 23, 2015, 08:04:23 PMWhy did it make the worms sexy hammerpedes and Fifield a butt ugly zombie?

Because it was gonna make Fifield a sexy Alien but then they changed it into something else that makes significantly less sense. Basically like the entire movie.

Zing! But yeah.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed