Alien Playing Cards Now Available

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 03, 2015, 12:38:22 PM

Author
Alien Playing Cards Now Available (Read 6,382 times)

Corporal Hicks

The good folk over at Albino Dragon have just been in touch with us to let us know about this fantastic looking set of Alien playing cards that they are putting out. The artwork was provided by Matt Demino (who you can find on Facebook or DeviantArt if you want to see more of his work!). You can see some pictures of the set below:

This officially licensed deck of 52 playing cards needs no introduction. Order one today so that it can burst out of its packaging on your door step!”

030915_01 030915_02 030915_03 030915_04 030915_05

The set looks absolutely gorgeous! The only issue I have is that the jack (chestburster) and queen (face-hugger) are the wrong way around (in my opinion). The full art cards are also unique for each suit.

The set is only available to those in the United States. For those interested in ordering a set of Alien playing cards there is also a coupon for 2 decks for $20 (ordinarily $15 each), all you need to do is pop in the apt code “2for20“.

If there is enough interest in this Alien themed set, there is also a possibility of an Aliens themed set being released next year for the 30th anniversary.

David

David

US only? Whaa? But why?  >:(

Corporal Hicks

I suspect it'll be due to license issues.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

How is the Queen not, you know, a Queen?!

Oh wait. It's specificity based on the first film only...

Should probably read more carefully in the future! :P

windebieste

haha, ya.  I bet that will be many peoples' first impression as it's an obvious choice.  But yeah.  It looks like there'll be another set featuring the 2nd film if these sell well. 

Will sell twice as fast if they were available Worldwide.  ghaahgahahagaghrrrraglaag...

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 03, 2015, 12:57:53 PM
How is the Queen not, you know, a Queen?!

Oh wait. It's specificity based on the first film only...

Should probably read more carefully in the future! :P

I had the same thought and then remembered Alien. xD

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 03, 2015, 12:49:02 PM
I suspect it'll be due to license issues.

Or very likely shipping issues.  It is so difficult to get items from Amazon or Ebay up here in Canada.  Sellers don't want to deal with the hassle.  Then again, all new products need to have English and French text on the package in order to be sold in Canada.

Albino Dragon

Albino Dragon

Corporal Hicks is correct on both counts.

windebieste

Aside from the external package, what exactly do the letters 'J', 'Q', 'K', 'A' and the word 'Joker' translate to in French?  It can't be that hard to repackage a deck of 52 of cards.  The same can be said for shipping.  It might cost some extra dollars to ship worldwide, but it's still just a deck of cards.  shipping isn't going to break the bank. 

So, yeah.  I'd say licencing is the reason for the exclusive region US sales.  I'm just grateful it's not another dick SDCC exclusive.  Those things suck. 

Honestly, I'd love to get my hands on a pack of these.  They look terrific.  So screw Amazon.  Ebay is the answer. 

-Windebieste.

Perfect-Organism

The cards do look amazing.  Nice art.  Very nice.

Whiskeybrewer

I really want these cards and would love for them to continue the series. Just a pain that they are only available in the US :'(

Corporal Hicks

Just need to make some US based friends!  :P

Whiskeybrewer

I've got a friend in the states so i may ask them lol Thanks for the suggestion Hicks  ;)

PRJ_since1990

You can Preorder the same exact item at $10 a pop on BBTS
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ADR10000&mode=retail

Plagueharvester813

Why ebay?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed