Alien vs. predator requiem fan edit

Started by Embry Starred, Aug 21, 2015, 09:48:43 AM

Author
Alien vs. predator requiem fan edit (Read 12,738 times)

Vermillion

It's felt like a fan made Movie. 

marrerom

Quote from: Kelgaard on Aug 23, 2015, 12:43:27 PM
The first AVP clearly states that if aliens ever got out of control, the predators would blow up everything, making sure that nothing survives.  Why doesn't Wolf do that here?

I believe this was addressed in the film to a certain extent.  On the roof top when wolf fights the Predalien his gauntlet is damaged which presumably prevented him from detonating it.  Why he didn't use it before hand is just a testament to his stupidity.  The first AvP showed it could be detached so there is no reason why he didn't just put it in the center of town, set a timer, and get the hell out.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: marrerom on Sep 20, 2015, 01:41:49 AM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Aug 23, 2015, 12:43:27 PM
The first AVP clearly states that if aliens ever got out of control, the predators would blow up everything, making sure that nothing survives.  Why doesn't Wolf do that here?

I believe this was addressed in the film to a certain extent.  On the roof top when wolf fights the Predalien his gauntlet is damaged which presumably prevented him from detonating it. Why he didn't use it before hand is just a testament to his stupidity.  The first AvP showed it could be detached so there is no reason why he didn't just put it in the center of town, set a timer, and get the hell out.

They blow themselfs up when they "admit defeat" or when they reach the point where they accept the fact that they have lost control over the hunt. I sure that Wolf thought that he was in control, that he could hunt down and kill every Alien in that town so there was no need for him to blow s**t up because he didn't see himself as loseing.

Look at it like a fighter would or as you would do if you're competeing in a martial art, you may have lost 2 rounds, in a 3 round fight but if you feel that you can win the fight in the third then the last thing you would do is to tell you coach to throw in the towel.

marrerom

Quote from: Milan on Sep 21, 2015, 07:39:26 AM
I sure that Wolf thought that he was in control, that he could hunt down and kill every Alien in that town so there was no need for him to blow s**t up because he didn't see himself as loseing.

Oh I agree, he probably still thought he was in control somehow.  He was totally wrong, but that's mostly likely what he thought.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: marrerom on Sep 21, 2015, 09:23:59 PM
Quote from: Milan on Sep 21, 2015, 07:39:26 AM
I sure that Wolf thought that he was in control, that he could hunt down and kill every Alien in that town so there was no need for him to blow s**t up because he didn't see himself as loseing.

Oh I agree, he probably still thought he was in control somehow.  He was totally wrong, but that's mostly likely what he thought.

Well, he had the time to track them down and kill them, I don't think it was any issue to him if he had to kill 10 Aliens or a 100. And when you look at the aliens, with the mindset that they were retarded because what they didn't do when they had the oppertunity, lost their acid effect and seemed overall easier to kill, then you have an situation where a seasoned Predator tasks himself with the misson of hunting down a bunch of aliens with Down's syndrome.

marrerom

Quote from: Milan on Sep 22, 2015, 02:09:08 AM
Well, he had the time to track them down and kill them, I don't think it was any issue to him if he had to kill 10 Aliens or a 100. And when you look at the aliens, with the mindset that they were retarded because what they didn't do when they had the oppertunity, lost their acid effect and seemed overall easier to kill, then you have an situation where a seasoned Predator tasks himself with the misson of hunting down a bunch of aliens with Down's syndrome.

I totally agree that those Aliens were retarded. But I don't see Wolf killing hundreds or thousands of them without his guns and other weapons which he had lost near the end of the film.  He even lost the blue liquid which was his only way to cover up the whole thing. He's supposed to be a "cleaner" after all.  All in all Wolf's just as retarded as the Aliens.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: marrerom on Sep 22, 2015, 04:32:32 AM
Quote from: Milan on Sep 22, 2015, 02:09:08 AM

I totally agree that those Aliens were retarded. But I don't see Wolf killing hundreds or thousands of them without his guns and other weapons which he had lost near the end of the film.  He even lost the blue liquid which was his only way to cover up the whole thing. He's supposed to be a "cleaner" after all.  All in all Wolf's just as retarded as the Aliens.

At the rooftop he had his spear, whip and wristblades, if he would have won the battle with the predalien then he could have picked up the shuriken he left at the hospital, so he would have long, middle and close ranged weapons as he dealt with the rest of the aliens.

I think his main mission was to find the crashed ship and get rid of it. It was intended that he found out about the Predalien and the escaped facehuggers as he found the ship on earth. There his mission changed from a rutine clean up mission, now it's all about damage control.

As a cleaner I think he knew more ways to get rid of a body than useing the blue liquid but I think that getting rid of bodies was a secondary objective, tracking and killing the Predalien was his main objective after the crashed ship was gone. But I still can't figure out why he approached some situations the way he did, like in the sewers when he used himself as bait. I would have liked him to use some sort of gadget to lure them to it, something that used a scent or sound and then get the jump on the Aliens by useing the element of surprise. You don't see a hunter put himself in a corner then cover himself in sebra piss, with the intention to let a pack of lions have a go at him, thats just stupid but it's more or less what Wolf did, he didn't use piss, instead he used his roar to get their attention but that didn't take away the stupidity from it.

I don't think that there was a hundred or thousands of Aliens around, the Aliens who didn't run with the Predalien where killing people that could have been used as potential hosts and the Predalien didn't use everyone it encountered as a host, some it used as hosts and some it killed on sight. So by simple mathematics there couldn't have been hundred or thousands of them around.

System Apollo

I don't understand why so many people went up in arms with how the aliens were presented in this film. They weren't mindless in this film nor were they fodder. Aside from a few inaccurate instances the rest of their potrayal was pretty spot on. As for Wolf being considered OP it really comes down to the individual character. A good example is the AvP Eternal Comic where two aliens overpower a squad of predators.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 22, 2015, 07:38:20 AM
I don't understand why so many people went up in arms with how the aliens were presented in this film. They weren't mindless in this film nor were they fodder. Aside from a few inaccurate instances the rest of their potrayal was pretty spot on.

I think that many fans of the Alien would claim that they where presented as "mindless", some of these Aliens even lost their ability to bleed acid, the Predalien was one of them. The official explanation is that they removed that special effect because they didn't have enough money, I would accept that explanation if the movie was a movie about a movie...

But it wasn't, so I have to find a explanation that's logical imo, so that I may enjoy the movie. And the only one that fits is to look at these Aliens as Aliens that are flawed, flawed on a genetic level, because they came from a predalien that also was flawed on a genetic level, why was it flawed? My simple answer is that Predator and Alien dna doesn't mix well, especially when the "queen", aka Predalien came from a dead host. And that fits with what we saw when watching AVP-R.

QuoteAs for Wolf being considered OP it really comes down to the individual character. A good example is the AvP Eternal Comic where two aliens overpower a squad of predators.

Sorry, haven't read that comic. Could you please expand on the example?

System Apollo

I understand your point of view, perhaps they did look different due to the vitality of their host.

Eternal is a bizarre concept, it begins centuries ago with a man encountering a crash landed predator ship and then skips timelines to current day where the man is still alive. Don't want to reveal too much but a squad of predators are shown to have difficulties with two aliens. This is probably one of the very few times we see predators out number aliens.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 22, 2015, 04:23:52 PM
I understand your point of view, perhaps they did look different due to the vitality of their host.

Eternal is a bizarre concept, it begins centuries ago with a man encountering a crash landed predator ship and then skips timelines to current day where the man is still alive. Don't want to reveal too much but a squad of predators are shown to have difficulties with two aliens. This is probably one of the very few times we see predators out number aliens.

Ok, thanks, I'll check it out, haven't read any AVP comics in a while.

Back to the topic...I liked the fan edit but I wish that the creator of the edit would have let Wolf see the ship crashing on earth and when he's inside the ship on earth, he'll see that a Predalien was running loose onboard it before it crashed through the dead Predators bio mask, that's how they first wanted to have Wolf know that there was a Predalien present.

It would explain alot why he jumped between being on a hunt and a cleaning mission, once he knew that the Predalien and the facehuggers have escaped the ship his mission changed, it went from a cleaning mission to damage control.

happypred

A lot better without the annoying teens

bobby brown

I enjoyed this. Thanx for posting! :)

happypred

LOL...nice screen name

coinilius

This reminded me that I had been working on ideas for an AvPR fan edit myself awhile ago... I had an extremely rough outline of the movie which I had cut together to check on the flow, but I had a hard drive crash and lost everything awhile ago, although I did manage to put one of the workprints up on Vimeo in terrible quality.

https://vimeo.com/96985113

Password: fanedit

After this version I made further changes - back here I was trying to remove the connection between AvP and AvPR, so that they were stand alone movies that were only connected through theme.  I was planning an edit of both movies -  AvP was going to have more of an old Mummy movie kind of vibe (complete with making the movie black and white), while AvPR was going to be more along the lines of an 80's 'video-nasty' kind of sci-fi flick.

Predator fans may not like the changes I made, as I pushed back the arrival of Wolf until the second night while trying to give more agency to Chet and the Aliens at the start - when Wolf arrives in the town, the Aliens are already running amok.  This wasn't done out of any dislike of Wolf and the Predators, but more because the timing on the movie really irritated me - Wolf is in the sewers for a whole day? - and because I didn't like the sudden appearance of the *cough* nuclear *cough* power station in the movie.

I should probably have put this in it's own thread rather than potentially derailing this one...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed