Alien vs. predator requiem fan edit

Started by Embry Starred, Aug 21, 2015, 09:48:43 AM

Author
Alien vs. predator requiem fan edit (Read 12,628 times)

Embry Starred

this edit on avp-r is actually really good it cuts the movie down to about 30 minutes but it eliminates a lot of the stupidity of the movie itself it mainly focuses on the predator. enjoy

http://overmental.com/content/alien-vs-predator-fan-edit-removes-humans-makes-movie-awesome-15851

Corporal Hicks

Downloading that to give a watch later. Thanks.  :)

Embry Starred

my only gripe is in order for it to flow properly with none of the cookie cutter characters it had to eliminate some of the more badass deaths (i.e jesse, the hobos in the sewer the pool) but overall I got more out of that then any other damn time I have seen it but it just shows how OP the predator is in this film lmao

Xenomorphine

Still not decent, but gets rid of some of the plot-holes and feels like a definite improvement.

The ending's too abrupt, however.

Kel G 426

Still boring, and it highlights how little Wolf accomplished.  He mostly just walks around looking cool while the city gets overrun.

blood.

Is it just me or did they increase the brightness of the video?

Quote from: Kelgaard on Aug 23, 2015, 04:28:36 AM
Still boring, and it highlights how little Wolf accomplished.  He mostly just walks around looking cool while the city gets overrun.

Being a badass takes priority.

Xenomorphine

Hah! :laugh:

As for the brightness, no. That's how it usually is on the DVD version. There apparently was a brighter edition released on one coast of the US and, for some reason, a darker one on the other, which then got released internationally. The brothers claimed they had no idea at the time and don't know why that happened.

Kel G 426

Wolf kills a dozen or so aliens while the town gets overrun with what? Hundreds? Thousands?

Needless to say, he failed his mission horribly, but fans say he's the best thing about the movie.

The first AVP clearly states that if aliens ever got out of control, the predators would blow up everything, making sure that nothing survives.  Why doesn't Wolf do that here?

It would've made more sense if Wolf were there just for the predalien.

System Apollo

It really sucks that you can't talk about AvP casually without someone mentioning this movie or the other one.

Xenomorphine

The problem is, most Predator weapons and equipment is geared towards individual kills. It was a nonsensical proposition to have a combatant like that trying to singularly take down individual members of a species which can quickly multiply.

Either the Predator needed to be given area effect weapons or, preferably, a team of Predators needed to be involved (which could have been done by using the same costume and just modifying the head and equipment it wore).

System Apollo

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 23, 2015, 02:35:04 PM
"Team of Predators"
The real question here is; do we really want the Strause Bros in control of the fate of two more of our beloved fictitious creatures?

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Kelgaard on Aug 23, 2015, 12:43:27 PM
Needless to say, he failed his mission horribly,

Yep

Quote from: Kelgaard on Aug 23, 2015, 12:43:27 PM
but fans say he's the best thing about the movie.
What was better?

Kel G 426

The sausage lovers joke.

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 23, 2015, 01:29:05 PM
It really sucks that you can't talk about AvP casually without someone mentioning this movie or the other one.

I'm sorry, but AVPR picks up directly from AVP, so my mentioning the first film was entirely fair and relevant.

System Apollo

Quote from: Kelgaard on Aug 24, 2015, 12:48:15 AM
I'm sorry, but AVPR picks up directly from AVP, so my mentioning the first film was entirely fair and relevant.
Oh no, I wasn't directing that towards you. :-[
I was speaking in general.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Kelgaard on Aug 24, 2015, 12:48:15 AM
The sausage lovers joke.

lol! The whole movie is one big sausage lovers joke! It should have been the climax of the film. When Wolf takes off his mask the predalien should have said it to him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed