YES
3 (5.9%)
NO
45 (88.2%)
MIXED FEELINGS
3 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author
Alien isolation SHIT??? watch this (Read 13,283 times)

System Apollo

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 04, 2015, 11:05:53 PM
I watched about 90 seconds of this when it first debuted, and couldn't take any more. Didn't even get into their opinions. I just hated them so much.
Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 04, 2015, 10:11:50 PM
I agree with pretty much all of it. Annoying to watch those guys talk, but their points are valid. I still liked the game for the good qualities it has, however.
They're not that bad. You could see them put effort in their production and try to entertain their audience.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 05, 2015, 01:53:04 AM
I watched about 90 seconds of this when it first debuted, and couldn't take any more. Didn't even get into their opinions. I just hated them so much.
They're not that bad. You could see them put effort in their production and try to entertain their audience.

They're not that bad to you. I found them profoundly annoying, and kind of sad in their attempt to look 'cool'.

System Apollo

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 05, 2015, 04:40:29 PM
Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 05, 2015, 01:53:04 AM

They're not that bad to you. I found them profoundly annoying, and kind of sad in their attempt to look 'cool'.
They're too old to be doing what they're doing now that you mention it.  :laugh:

Xenomorphine

I never got an impression they're trying to look cool to the audience. It's just a couple of friends sharing an opinion. It's no different to watch a Skype conversation.

SpreadEagleBeagle

That was really painful to watch. Sure, they have some points, but A:I being shit is pure drivel.

I haven't finished A:I yet because it is so hard, I don't have enough time to waste on video games, and the game is very frustrating and nerve wrecking. Despite all of that A:I is BY FAR THE _BEST_ ALIEN(S) GAME EVER.   P  E  R  I  O  D .

PsyKore

PsyKore

I would say Alien Resurrection on PS1 and Alien Isolation are both the best Alien games made. Interestingly, both games share a lot in common. But these games are proof that survival-horror can work very well for this series, despite them being flawed in many regards, it just needs to be refined and mastered.

NickisSmart

The audio visual angle was perfect. It really was. They absolutely nailed the look and feel of Alien, while subtly marrying it to various elements from Aliens without sacrificing the Alien feel. It felt like the sequel to Alien that never happened in our universe, but some other one.

The gameplay is amazing up to a point -- right up until you have to go outside and repair the comms dish. Then, it becomes scripted event after scripted event, with long drawn out-sequences that involve a lot of slow walking and no actual gameplay of any kind. Up to a point, I wouldn't have minded, except the final sequence contains almost nothing else. Then there's the level design. It's linear and the alien creature(s) are much harder to avoid, forcing you to rely on your materials that you've stockpiled. In a nutshell, the stealth elements felt extremely lacking towards the end, and there isn't much to warn you that you need to save up. If you haven't, you're in big trouble. It's beatable, but a lot more frustrating because surviving the way you did, earlier on isn't really an option. You're thrust into a part of the ship you've never been in, before, and it doesn't support the same type of play that the earlier portions of the game did. As a short, section, it would have been alright, but it's longer than it needs to be.

Vermillion

The vent opening and closing sound is ridiculously eerie and creepy. 

NickisSmart

Speaking of the vents, my scariest deaths have been in them, just like Dallas. Nearly gave me a heart attack the first time around.

THE CITY HUNTER

You should still watch it to be open minded

XenoZipper

Ha, I was just about to make a topic similar to this including this very same video but you beat me to the punch. Personally, I love RedLetterMedia and all the stuff they do. They are usually pretty straight up & genuine about how they feel about games, movies, whatever. Sometimes their views are harsh yea but "the truth hurts" as they say right? While I don't agree with everything they say about Isolation because I do like the game's story/atmosphere, I do have to agree with them about the gameplay. I do find it's comprised of way too much, "find this thing to open that door to find another item to open a door you previously couldn't & then repeat process for majority of the game & I find that extremely boring. I'm really bad at stealth type games so I've never been able to beat this game to find out the whole story. So while, I don't think the game is shit, I think I would have preferred it to just be a CGI movie kinda in the vain of those Resident Evil CGI movies which are good. Because of the game being more story driven than about gameplay, I'd rather watch it as a movie but that's me.

chainsawsquirrel

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 31, 2015, 09:16:23 PM
Watch this video i know what they are saying most of it is funny but i have mixed feelings what do you think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrphBFlDsg
Oh god, I watched this video around release day. I cringed soooo hard at them, I couldn't watch that much of it. All they did was play on easy mode and try their hardest to bash the alien AI. Either they were trying to big themselves up by bashing it, or they were trying to make the game look like another ACM disaster as click bait for their dumbass video. If I knew where those two lived, i'd personally go to their houses, knock on the door and punch them in the face then walk away.

Nostromo

Why not just show up with a chainsaw and a squirrel instead?

426Buddy

Alien isolation is the best thing to happen to this series since the 80's.

The game is excellent.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 01, 2016, 02:06:49 PM
Alien isolation is the best thing to happen to this series since the 80's.

The game is excellent.

Exactly that.^ I would also like to add the single player campaigns of Avp2 and every map even the player made ones.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed