YES
3 (5.9%)
NO
45 (88.2%)
MIXED FEELINGS
3 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author
Alien isolation SHIT??? watch this (Read 13,223 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Watch this video i know what they are saying most of it is funny but i have mixed feelings what do you think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrphBFlDsg

Xenomorphine

Would disagree about it failing, because the presentation style is beautifully done. I would, however, agree, that it was stretched out far too long for what it is. It's not so much a scary experience as an immensely frustrating one, IMO. It's mostly a question of whether the individual player feels the presentation outweighs that.

The Alien AI is more difficult than they make it out to be, however. Not sure if that's because they were apparently on a console-based experience. Even on the easiest level on PC, permanently stealthing around, the thing still somehow knows where to find me.

Mr. Forest

Is there someone willing to just summarize the video for me because I cannot listen to them after three minutes into the video.  Their attitudes are just too off putting and they failed to get me even remotely invested in their content so I really have desire of watching the full 20 MINUTE long video.

Vermillion

They do make many good points.

Mr. Forest

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 01, 2015, 12:15:54 AM
Such as?

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Hennex on Aug 01, 2015, 12:33:00 AM
Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 01, 2015, 12:15:54 AM
Such as?
The door opening e.g the door montage they were right there was to much push this and turn that and if you think about near the end when Amanda tries to stop the explosion they make some kind of sense i had mixed feelings they had good points but they made it look like shit.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 31, 2015, 11:59:31 PM
Would disagree about it failing, because the presentation style is beautifully done. I would, however, agree, that it was stretched out far too long for what it is. It's not so much a scary experience as an immensely frustrating one, IMO. It's mostly a question of whether the individual player feels the presentation outweighs that.

The Alien AI is more difficult than they make it out to be, however. Not sure if that's because they were apparently on a console-based experience. Even on the easiest level on PC, permanently stealthing around, the thing still somehow knows where to find me.
The AI did glitch out and eventually you could make sense of it but it has great performance and great look better then ACM if the game was say 10 hours i think that would be enough.

gabgrave

Wasn't this that troll vid that was being posted on every A:I forum back when the game was lauched? The one where they said if you're looking for an Alien game better than A:CM, A:I wasn't it?

NickisSmart

Shit? That's a laugh.

A:I not a perfect game. But when it works, it works extremely well. The audio-visual presentation alone merits it a rank much higher than merely "shit." Shit is reserved for a majority of the games you might find on an Angry Video Game Nerd episode, like Karate Kid, or Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Those are legitimately shitty games. But with Alien: Isolation, even if you don't like the kind of game that it is, it has a boatload of merits to lift it out the category and into something else. You can make the the argument for flawed masterpiece (my opinion) or overambitious-but-failed-experiment. Either would be more accurate.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: gabgrave on Aug 01, 2015, 12:30:49 PM
Wasn't this that troll vid that was being posted on every A:I forum back when the game was lauched? The one where they said if you're looking for an Alien game better than A:CM, A:I wasn't it?
I never heard of it.

Quote from: NickisSmart on Aug 01, 2015, 01:19:44 PM
Shit? That's a laugh.

A:I not a perfect game. But when it works, it works extremely well. The audio-visual presentation alone merits it a rank much higher than merely "shit." Shit is reserved for a majority of the games you might find on an Angry Video Game Nerd episode, like Karate Kid, or Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Those are legitimately shitty games. But with Alien: Isolation, even if you don't like the kind of game that it is, it has a boatload of merits to lift it out the category and into something else. You can make the the argument for flawed masterpiece (my opinion) or overambitious-but-failed-experiment. Either would be more accurate.
Do you think they were serious or were they were joking  it was like they talked to each other and said hey everyone like AI likes found out the faults and take the shit out of it but i have to agree with the door montage.

Corporal Hicks

I haven't watched the video but I can honestly say that in my opinion Isolation is the best Alien gaming experience I've ever had. What I look for in Alien games is to be scared and challenged as all my memories of the franchise revolve around my fear of the films and the early games.

I found the game to be such an immersive experience that I simply didn't want it to end. Having already played it a few times I was fully aware of how challenging it would be and so I went into the game with the correct mentality and knew how to play it and not get frustrated. Plus I appreciated the challenge and interpretation of the Alien.

There are obviously a few issues (I always thought Ripley was too loud when she got into the lockers) but it all trumped the actual experience for me.

blood.

blood.

The game had my heart pounding out of my chest <-- almost literally. But not quite. At times my heart was beating pretty hard.

The game set out to scare people and it scared the crap out of me. A+ in my book. 

System Apollo

Quote from: NickisSmart on Aug 01, 2015, 01:19:44 PM
Shit? That's a laugh.
Weren't you the guy who made a 40 minute review on a review? :laugh:

I liked A:I as an alien game. I also think that the artifical intelligence of the xenomorph should stand as a blueprint for what xenomorphs should be like in potential future installments. It isn't shit; but for a casual gamer, it isn't anything above mediocre. I think one predominant factor that weighs the game down is probably CA's misconception that investing more time equals difficulty which mostly leads to accomplishing mechanical errands merely to progress. This type of approach to creating a challenge has been practiced since the 4th generation of gaming and has always been seen as a desperate resort to provide content in keeping the audience occupied. Hence this was probably why that aspect of the game was critically recieved.

NickisSmart

Someone watched that? Yeah, that was me. It was IGN's low score of the game. It felt wrong to me, then. Feels wrong to me, now.

Corporal Hick's post mirrors my feelings about Alien: Isolation. It's the best Alien gaming experience. Though for me, I like to focus on it as Alien, not Aliens. It's the Ridley Scott love temple.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I agree with pretty much all of it. Annoying to watch those guys talk, but their points are valid. I still liked the game for the good qualities it has, however.

Mr. Clemens

I watched about 90 seconds of this when it first debuted, and couldn't take any more. Didn't even get into their opinions. I just hated them so much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed