New Eurogamer interview with Pitchford - still as deluded as ever

Started by Salt The Fries, Jul 24, 2015, 04:13:12 PM

Author
New Eurogamer interview with Pitchford - still as deluded as ever (Read 15,761 times)

Salt The Fries

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-23-an-hour-with-randy-pitchford

I couldn't even finish reading it, it's so full of crap it isn't funny. If you thought other recent interviews or news took the cake, prepare for a new low.

Darkness

Still in denial as ever. Some interesting segments. He sort of implies that they deliberately downgraded the PC version graphics and they were always going to release the high-fidelity patch for PC. And obviously confirms they'll never work with Sega again.

QuoteEurogamer: What do you mean?

Randy Pitchford: I'm not going to get into it. But what's funny is the PC version when the game shipped, there's this problem with platform parity, and a decision was made - I don't remember exactly who made it - let's ship all the platforms with the same level of content. And it wasn't until somewhere between three and six weeks later, where the highest fidelity materials were re-released for the PC and it was a massive patch. But I don't know how much that affected things. It's hard to say.

Eurogamer: I assume you won't work with Sega again.

Randy Pitchford: That won't happen for a lot of different reasons, but that doesn't help anyone to get into that.

Look at what we did with Half-Life, and look at what we did with Halo and some of the other things we worked on. We could of been the J.J. Abrams of video game licenses. That's probably out the window now, right?

Eurogamer: It's clear you're passionate about Aliens.

Randy Pitchford: I love this stuff. It's so cool, man. I'm sad it didn't work and I'm sad people didn't get it. I would have loved to have kept going with it. Sega didn't know what to do. When the press started coming at it they just clammed up and told us to shut the f**k up. So that was sad, too, because we think we had something. I think our multiplayer game was super fun and awesome. People still play Bug Hunt. We still have lots of people playing Bug Hunt. It's a great game. I think there was something there.

Chris!(($$))!

This literally makes me sad. Especially when I rewatched the Youtube Video they linked. I remember watching it way back when. And it's just disturbing to see him shit on the fans like this.

Nightlord

It would have been for the best if ACM had been cancelled for real back in 2008, maybe given to another development studio. 

Hearing Pitchford talk about how much he loves the series even though Gearbox have damaged it as bad as or worse than trash like Ressurection is enough to give me an aneurysm.

DB

The man is crazier than I ever could have imagined! He lives in an alternate reality, one created by his mind when the blow to his pride became too painful to bear. Instead of reconciling with the reality that his company seems specialized in making titanic piles of dung he doubled down on his madness and took it to the extreme.

QuoteAnother person I engaged with it was like, the aliens were really stupid, they just sort of ran at me. I was like, kind of like they did in the movie? They're bugs. What are you expecting? Smart flanking manoeuvres? It's kind of weird.

He didn't even watch the movie! Or so it would seem. I would argue that his mind has become so preoccupied with protecting his damaged and broken ego that it actively altered his perception of events and history. He actually believes what he says. It's fascinating. Just look at this gem:

QuoteEurogamer: I'll make a specific point, which is the graphical quality of the game.

Randy Pitchford: What about the graphical quality of the game? I thought it was great.

This man needs help. I could gather a whole team of psychologists to study this specimen for years and we would still be unable to grasp the depths of his delusions.

It is honestly no surprise that their games turn out like shit or firmly stuck in the trenches of mediocrity. If Pitchford and the cuck king himself, Anthony Burch, are any representation of the type of creature employed at GBX it is a miracle they are capable of making functional games at all. Maybe their next Brothers in Arms game won't be a disaster. I'll never find out. 8)

T Dog

That hour with Pitchford must have been SOOOOOO painful for that poor interviewer. Must have been such a frustrating experience biting your tongue through all that question dodging and those tangents.

WinterActual

Jarac

Jarac

Couldn't read it all. Skimmed through it. It's obvious the Eurogamer interviewer was trying to cut through the bullshit.

"I wish we had an extra two months..." You had SIX YEARS, PITCHFORD!

This guy is such a compulsive liar. I'm starting to think he really does believe his own lies.

I just really love Eurogamer. They ask the questions that the rest of the "game media" are too scared to ask. Good on Wes for keeping on the pressure!

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

none of it makes sense lol. In the first video they are clearly talking about a game that we never got to see. Randy can keep talking to himself and think that the game is a quality product. Sad thing is we'd probably never get to know the full story of what to the game. Maybe one day a ex employee will come forth. But all we got right now is a shitty game and his bullshit words.

Valaquen

QuoteAnother person I engaged with it was like, the aliens were really stupid, they just sort of ran at me. I was like, kind of like they did in the movie? They're bugs. What are you expecting? Smart flanking manoeuvres? It's kind of weird.

*Sigh*

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Guts on Jul 29, 2015, 02:22:58 AM
Maybe one day a ex employee will come forth. But all we got right now is a shitty game and his bullshit words.

The initial conspiracy came out from an ex-employee. I doubt we'll ever learn the complete truth. They'll only be rumours for ages.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 29, 2015, 03:21:55 AM

*Sigh*

I know, Val...I know.  :(

Mr. Forest

At this point I think Pitchford is so deluded that he actually believe every word that comes out of his mouth.  It's quite worrying.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jul 29, 2015, 03:21:55 AM

*Sigh*

And based on this information I don't even think he's seen Aliens.

skull-splitter

What bothers me most on this title and Pitchfords stance since release is that Gearbox claimed to be be all in on this for over 4 years. Then drop the bomb on the market, which was severely lacking in suspense, lighting effects and plain simple gameplay. Not even close to what they've claimed to do.

Developing it with/by other studios is not something that did this title any good. And it makes me furious that Pitchford went on for years and even got AVP2010 pushed out prematurely claiming they needed more time to polish. The claim they got lighting techniques to match the film even closer. The released video's. And then shipped the generic, broken turd that it is...

I admire the attention to the designs and how they were translated into real time 3D. I just am dissappointed at the downgraded lighting, poor animations/gameplay which makes it a rather expensive fan attempt of making an Aliens-game.

proto leech

Eat shit pitchford

you are right there at the dunce table with anderson and the tweedle dee and tweedle dum strause bros

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed