Peter Briggs Responds To Sigourney Weaver's Alien vs. Predator Comments

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 22, 2015, 10:35:24 PM

Author
Peter Briggs Responds To Sigourney Weaver's Alien vs. Predator Comments (Read 23,482 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jul 24, 2015, 02:33:07 PM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jul 22, 2015, 11:27:10 PM

Whilst she was interested to return if either Scott or Cameron were directing. And they were both intending to work together with her on a fifth Alien during the early 2000's. However Paul W.S. Anderson's Alien VS. Predator pitch killed that project.

Hmm, in 2004 as far as Ridley was concerned, another Alien movie would have depended on the success of AVP, according to his interview with Famitsu Wave.

Ridley Scott seemed hesitant to give an opinion on the film itself. When asked about it he responded that he wanted to be careful with what he says because he has a good relationship with Fox.

While James Cameron was the main factor as to why the Alien project he was going to work on with Scott never happened. He said  "To me, that was Frankenstein Meets Werewolf. It was Universal just taking their assets and starting to play them off against each other...Milking it."

While asked about it he said they've really screwed up the franchise.

However upon seeing the film he admitted to enjoying it. "it was actually pretty good. I think of the five Alien films, I'd rate it third. I actually liked it. I actually liked it a lot."

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 24, 2015, 06:31:15 PM
I wonder what kind of AVP script Briggs would turn in now if given the chance to rewrite it.

We'll find out when 'Panzer 88' gets released.

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jul 24, 2015, 07:26:06 PM
Ridley Scott seemed hesitant to give an opinion on the film itself.

He's admitted he's never actually seen it. I've said before I'd love to see his face if he does, considering how he's panned it, only for several elements to have featured in 'Prometheus'.

After Weaver's additional comments, I'm beginning to suspect she's the one who might have influenced his view on the concept.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jul 24, 2015, 07:26:06 PM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jul 24, 2015, 02:33:07 PM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Jul 22, 2015, 11:27:10 PM

Whilst she was interested to return if either Scott or Cameron were directing. And they were both intending to work together with her on a fifth Alien during the early 2000's. However Paul W.S. Anderson's Alien VS. Predator pitch killed that project.

Hmm, in 2004 as far as Ridley was concerned, another Alien movie would have depended on the success of AVP, according to his interview with Famitsu Wave.

Ridley Scott seemed hesitant to give an opinion on the film itself. When asked about it he responded that he wanted to be careful with what he says because he has a good relationship with Fox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TQLRMIGA2I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMfvAYkXgrU

While James Cameron was the main factor as to why the Alien project he was going to work on with Scott never happened. He said  "To me, that was Frankenstein Meets Werewolf. It was Universal just taking their assets and starting to play them off against each other...Milking it."

While asked about it he said they've really screwed up the franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKnS7CGWNmU

However upon seeing the film he admitted to enjoying it. "it was actually pretty good. I think of the five Alien films, I'd rate it third. I actually liked it. I actually liked it a lot."
It is really confusing maybe james cameron changes his mindno offense people should really get over it i mean AVP is like a decade old

Kel G 426

QuoteHe's admitted he's never actually seen it. I've said before I'd love to see his face if he does, considering how he's panned it, only for several elements to have featured in 'Prometheus'.

I suspect he just doesn't want to admit he's watched it, or is deliberately avoiding it, to excuse the similarities.

Xenomorphine

Lindelof had to point out to him, during the writing process, that the first of the AVP films had already featured Weyland on screen. He apparently seemed quite oblivious and didn't care about it.

DUB1

Why does it matter so much what Weaver, Scott and Cameron think of AVP?

And Weaver wanting to kill off Ripley to stop the AVP movie from happening? Holy f**k, did she think that would truly prevent an encounter between Aliens and Predators from being plausible? Maybe she did think that Ripley killed the whole species in A3. Or that "Alien" actually refer to Ripley as much as the Alien itself.

Weaver's a great actress, and Scott and Cameron are great filmmakers. But that doesn't mean their opinions are fact.

jimbob30

who cares as the avp movies were garbage anyway.the films had potential but the idea of predators creating the xenomorph was dumb at best.the idea from ridley scott in Prometheus is much better more sinister and makes better sense

Xenomorphine

None of the films, comics or novelisations ever implied the Predators created the Alien. Where did you get that impression from?

KiramidHead

I think Briggs is being a little critical of Sigourney's words here, given that she's working off of 20+ year old memories here. Hell, I can barely get the order of shit I did last week correct. That being said, I've never cared for the smug dismissal she's always expressed towards the mere concept of AVP. And Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man is awesome, so she can piss right off with that analogy.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 25, 2015, 09:41:29 PM
I think Briggs is being a little critical of Sigourney's words here, given that she's working off of 20+ year old memories here. Hell, I can barely get the order of shit I did last week correct. That being said, I've never cared for the smug dismissal she's always expressed towards the mere concept of AVP. And Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man is awesome, so she can piss right off with that analogy.
AVP is a decade old movie why don't people let go of the past just like Northern Ireland

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 25, 2015, 02:54:39 PMNone of the films, comics or novelisations ever implied the Predators created the Alien.

The 2010 AVP game suggested it, but in a scientist-theorising-about-possibilities-out-loud kind of way. Nothing more than that.

chezz

i think he mentioned opening scene in AVP2 in predators ´ craft  where facehuggers were in that glassed jars ..

Xenomorphine

All that means is that they've captured some facehuggers. Doesn't mean they've literally made them.

If they did, they would all still be in eggs. :)

Mr. Clemens

Eh, who said what first. Alien vs. Predator is still a dumb idea.

Xenomorphine

Why? They're a great match for one another.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed