Sigourney Weaver on Alien 5 – “Neill’s Fulfilling His Childhood Dream”

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 21, 2015, 07:06:05 AM

Author
Sigourney Weaver on Alien 5 – “Neill’s Fulfilling His Childhood Dream” (Read 26,903 times)

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 22, 2015, 08:02:00 PM
A Hiveworld of some variety would be nice though. I'd really like to see infestation on a larger scale.

Yeah I think the logical continuation of ALIENS would be either go to a fully infested planet or to show the Weyland/Yutani weapons program and then the application of said program to whatever the story is. For instance what/who do they want to take over with their new bio weapon?

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

A Hiveworld of some variety would be nice though. I'd really like to see infestation on a larger scale.

I hope that won't be the case since the last thing I want is another epic sic-fi action movie. I really hope he can keep his johnson in his pants and do something with that ALIEN: ISOLATION inspiration and ideas he mentioned earlier. His main priority should be to make a good movie, not a good sic-fi movie but a good movie on all accounts closely followed by bringing life in the Alien - make it nightmarishly scary, graceful and imposing again. Going down the action packed bro movie route using the xenos as cannon fodder and target practice for Hicks, Rip & the marines and trademark Blomkamp robots would be temporarily satisfying for many fans it seams like, but it will not be the sequel and rebooter of the franchise the Alien franchise deserves. Despite the AVP mess, crappy games etc. the Alien movies are still held in high regard, especially ALIEN. ALIENS is still considered one of the best sequels ever and A3 is slowly but steadily getting more and more appreciated and acknowledged amongst both fans, critics and the casual movie goer.

I really hope that Blomkamp is not only focusing on superficial cool things and ideas and is indeed trying to make a mature movie with mature characters, much like in ALIEN and A3. This "fulfilling his childhood dream" and "alien popcorn movie" does not sound very promising to me...

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 22, 2015, 09:26:07 PM

I hope that won't be the case since the last thing I want is another epic sic-fi action movie. I really hope he can keep his johnson in his pants and do something with that ALIEN: Infestation inspiration and ideas he mentioned earlier. His main priority should be to make a good movie, not a good sic-fi movie but a good movie on all accounts closely followed by bringing life in the Alien - make it nightmarishly scary, graceful and imposing again. Going down the action packed bro movie route using the xenos as cannon fodder and target practice for Hicks, Rip & the marines and trademark Blomkamp robots would be temporarily satisfying for many fans it seams like, but it will not be the sequel and rebooter of the franchise the Alien franchise deserves. Despite the AVP mess, crappy games etc. the Alien movies are still held in high regard, especially ALIEN. ALIENS is still considered one of the best sequels ever and A3 is slowly but steadily getting more and more appreciated and acknowledged amongst both fans, critics and the casual movie goer.

I really hope that Blomkamp is not only focusing on superficial cool things and ideas and is indeed trying to make a mature movie with mature characters, much like in ALIEN and A3. This "fulfilling his childhood dream" and "alien popcorn movie" does not sound very promising to me...
So true :(

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 22, 2015, 09:44:56 PM

I hope that won't be the case since the last thing I want is another epic sic-fi action movie. I really hope he can keep his johnson in his pants and do something with that ALIEN: ISOLATION inspiration and ideas he mentioned earlier. His main priority should be to make a good movie, not a good sic-fi movie but a good movie on all accounts closely followed by bringing life in the Alien - make it nightmarishly scary, graceful and imposing again. Going down the action packed bro movie route using the xenos as cannon fodder and target practice for Hicks, Rip & the marines and trademark Blomkamp robots would be temporarily satisfying for many fans it seams like, but it will not be the sequel and rebooter of the franchise the Alien franchise deserves. Despite the AVP mess, crappy games etc. the Alien movies are still held in high regard, especially ALIEN. ALIENS is still considered one of the best sequels ever and A3 is slowly but steadily getting more and more appreciated and acknowledged amongst both fans, critics and the casual movie goer.

So true :(

Just edited away a fatal mistake... I wrote ALIEN: INFESTATION instead of ALIEN: ISOLATION.

Engineer

Engineer

Yea I highly doubt we'll see a hiveworld/homeworld in alien 5... His earlier concept art showed a derelict craft housed in a research facility; presumably owned and operated by weyland yutani. Seems to me like the company got their hands on the alien via a crashed ship (whether it's a different ship or the same one found on lv 426, only time will tell), and I don't think a derelict ship would be that much of a priority if they've found an entire planet overrun with aliens...

Corporal Hicks

I hope that won't be the case since the last thing I want is another epic sic-fi action movie.

Who says it'd have to be an "epic" movie?  The fear of that pressure on all sides of the characters would be immense. The visual side would also be fantastic as well - especially if it was once a well established human colony. To see what was once a sprawling city being transformed into a literal city of bones would be fantastic. We saw that on a smaller scale in Hadley's Hope - it'd be really powerful to see it on a larger scale, say something like the size of New York.

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 23, 2015, 02:13:48 AM
Yea I highly doubt we'll see a hiveworld/homeworld in alien 5...

I completely agree. But I think it would look amazing on screen at some point.

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 23, 2015, 07:13:17 AM

I hope that won't be the case since the last thing I want is another epic sic-fi action movie.

Who says it'd have to be an "epic" movie?  The fear of that pressure on all sides of the characters would be immense. The visual side would also be fantastic as well - especially if it was once a well established human colony. To see what was once a sprawling city being transformed into a literal city of bones would be fantastic. We saw that on a smaller scale in Hadley's Hope - it'd be really powerful to see it on a larger scale, say something like the size of New York.

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 23, 2015, 02:13:48 AM
Yea I highly doubt we'll see a hiveworld/homeworld in alien 5...

I completely agree. But I think it would look amazing on screen at some point.
I won't argue with that! It would look amazing... As long as it looks like the hive from aliens and not like the one in resurrection, :-)

Corporal Hicks

Definitely. I even like the hive sets from AvP and AvPR because they're similar in style to Aliens. I much prefer that.

SpreadEagleBeagle

...which means that the movie would be a full-blown bullshit action movie with tanks, robots, exosuits, nukes, enormous hordes of cannon fodder aliens and crap like that. At least with an action prone director like Blomkamp.

Engineer

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 23, 2015, 04:51:48 PM

...which means that the movie would be a full-blown bullshit action movie with tanks, robots, exosuits, nukes, enormous hordes of cannon fodder aliens and crap like that. At least with an action prone director like Blomkamp.
If an action-prone director were at the helm, like blomkamp, yea this is a strong possibility. But I dont think its the only direction a film like this could possibly take either.

Corporal Hicks

And an action director doesn't mean it's going to be a bad film. Aliens is a classic in its own right.

Jarac

Jarac

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 23, 2015, 04:51:48 PM

Honestly, that sounds pretty fun. I would expect all of that to be there if a prominent colony (or Earth) got invested with the terrors from beyond! Doesn't mean it has to be "dumb", but it certainly needs to be exciting, suspenseful, even scary a lot of times, and well done if it goes this route (action movie)! You sound like you just hate action in general. Your argunents have boiled down to "If it's an action movie, it will suck." If the quality is anything even close to Aliens or Terminator 2, that's a damn success.

THE CITY HUNTER

Paul.W.Anderson said he was a fan as well   :(

Engineer

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 23, 2015, 10:21:35 PM
Paul.W.Anderson said he was a fan as well   :(
... So did Randy pitchford...

... But on the plus side, Al Hope from creative assembly also said he was a fan, so in time we'll see if blomkamp is a "Randy pitchford" type of fan or an "Al Hope" type of fan... :-)

pred169

Quote from: tmjhur on Jul 22, 2015, 08:52:29 PM

Yeah I think the logical continuation of ALIENS would be either go to a fully infested planet or to show the Weyland/Yutani weapons program and then the application of said program to whatever the story is. For instance what/who do they want to take over with their new bio weapon?
That's kinda what I was thinking. Maybe not the home world but a planet that had been overrun and fell to the aliens. A barren wasteland where an entire worlds population had been completed decimated by the aliens. And you could play that off several ways. It could be done as a planet slap full of aliens... or that they have all but died out and all that remains is a few aliens spread sparsely across a barren hive infested planet.
   It could be done as a derelict lands and eggs are deposited. Or the derelict crashes and eggs are disturbed.
  Which could either be shown as quick back story for explanation of what happened. Or that could be the reason the marines are headed to that planet... To help with eradication. But because they are so far away the planets inhabitants succumb to the infestation.
   This would spur heavy feelings and painful memories of her past crew mates falling to the dreaded species, prompting her to go into "ass kicker mode" again. Plus we would get to see what happens if they aren't stopped and the hive continues to multiply at a rapid rate. Maybe bring in several different hives pitting against each other for territory.
  This would all be done over a couple of sequels of course.

More popcorn [emoji12]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed