New Alien 5 Ripley/Hicks Concept Art

Started by Darkness, Jul 16, 2015, 07:16:11 PM

Author
New Alien 5 Ripley/Hicks Concept Art (Read 39,625 times)

Adam802

Really excited for this!  And I think the background people are just regular humans/marines, detail was just left off their faces for concept-art purposes. 

Beatnation

Beatnation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H07zYvkNYL8

Im done with this shit, Blomhack just ignoring Alien 3, my favorite Alien movie, in favor of fan-fiction, seems like he's not smart enough to figure out a better story than just wipe out the last 2 movies, f**k that shit

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Jul 17, 2015, 03:24:40 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 16, 2015, 08:45:47 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Jul 16, 2015, 07:28:48 PM
I wonder who the guys are behind them. Definitely not human but very different to the other alien figure Ripley was standing next to in the other artwork.

They both look human to me. Same kind of stylisation as Ripley in the foreground.

I am not saying that it was Arcturians, but it was Arcturians  ;D

;D

Thomas

Quote from: Beatnation on Jul 17, 2015, 11:56:46 AM

Im done with this shit, Blomhack just ignoring Alien 3, my favorite Alien movie, in favor of fan-fiction, seems like he's not smart enough to figure out a better story than just wipe out the last 2 movies, f**k that shit

....... dont expect to many people to agree with you (im not one of them) because these days you are not allowed to like something that just about everybody else hates, because how dare you have your own opinion about something, we certainly cant have that.......

Vermillion

Still not a fan of the amount of acid damage to Hick's face.

No where near that amount was ever shown in the film. 
Meh

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 17, 2015, 11:28:45 AM
I'm loving Blomkampfs concept art. shows how much he wants it to look fantastic, but i'm still reticent about the possibilities of retconning the series

Blomkamp is a very good visual director but his writings skills are pretty mediocre. Of course he's choosing to retcon the series instead of actually writing something creative.   I believe that People who are expecting this film to be on par with Alien and Aliens will be disappointed.  Those films had fantastic scripts.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: marrerom on Jul 17, 2015, 04:39:23 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 17, 2015, 11:28:45 AM
I'm loving Blomkampfs concept art. shows how much he wants it to look fantastic, but i'm still reticent about the possibilities of retconning the series

Blomkamp is a very good visual director but his writings skills are pretty mediocre. Of course he's choosing to retcon the series instead of actually writing something creative.   I believe that People who are expecting this film to be on par with Alien and Aliens will be disappointed.  Those films had fantastic scripts.

This.

A5 will be exciting, fun and pleasant to look at but will probably lack heavily when it comes to everything else. It will be nowhere close to ALIEN or A3 in substance, and will most likely fall far behind ALIENS as well. But I don't think people will care. A5 will ride the whole "True ALIENS Sequel!1!" schtick to glory and will feed off of the gravitas and splendor of ALIENS. In the end it will successfully delete A3 and A:R and only future Alien geeks will know of and bother with A3 (..and A:R). Sad but true.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Vermillion on Jul 17, 2015, 03:56:52 PM
Still not a fan of the amount of acid damage to Hick's face.

No where near that amount was ever shown in the film. 
Meh
I agree. I don't like it, too.

Hicks didn't get splashed with that much acid, and most of it went on his armor.

marrerom

Does anyone else see a lot of similarities between the Terminator series and the Alien series?  Each has two universally loved films and two later entry's that have had mixed receptions.  Now each series is getting a reboot that retcons that last two films in in the hopes that it will lure the fans back with nostalgia (Although Genisys retconned all 4 previous films). They each have even brought back the  original aging actors to reprise their roles. 

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: marrerom on Jul 17, 2015, 06:33:30 PM
Does anyone else see a lot of similarities between the Terminator series and the Alien series?  Each has two universally loved films and two later entry's that have had mixed receptions.  Now each series is getting a reboot that retcons that last two films in in the hopes that it will lure the fans back with nostalgia (Although Genisys retconned all 4 previous films). They each have even brought back the  original aging actors to reprise their roles.

The difference is that time travel is a key component in the Terminator series. They can retcon and reboot as much as they without looking like an ass. IT's a part of the whole concept. The Alien series never even hinted to time travel and to include that now will change around things way too much to fit in.

Gridseeker

Beatnation:
I also liked Alien 3 considering all the troubles and the mess that was the pre production stage, hell even it has its flaws I aconsider Resurrection worthy of the franchise.
As far as I know Neil said that he will not touch Alien 3 and Resurrection, so I guess hepll do an alternative universe a la Higlander TV series.

Thomas

....... i believe that there were/are korean personel in weyland yutani but particuarly in Alien 3 you notice it in the personel arriving at the end of the movie.......

....... i like Alien 3, i dont love it but i like it. When i got the Alien Quadrology DVD set  and i saw the "assembly cut" of Alien 3 my opinion on it changed dramactically.......

Engineer

Quote from: Thomas on Jul 18, 2015, 01:49:30 AM
....... i believe that there were/are korean personel in weyland yutani but particuarly in Alien 3 you notice it in the personel arriving at the end of the movie.......

....... i like Alien 3, i dont love it but i like it. When i got the Alien Quadrology DVD set  and i saw the "assembly cut" of Alien 3 my opinion on it changed dramactically.......

That's about the same time my opinion of alien 3 changed too! :-)

Jarac

Jarac

The background characters are definitely human. Although I really want to see what Arcturians are like. C'mon, FOX! No more teasing!

Also, I warmed up to Alien 3 and dislike Resurrection  (that's pretty much the common mindset, although Alien 3 is sharply divided). Either way, it's looking like Blompkamp is going with alternative universe, which I can dig. As long as he hires the right writers to go with his excellent visuals, the movie will succeed. I don't think anyone will expect it to be better than Alien or Aliens. They just want a movie that they feel does "justice" to the series. "Good enough" is better than shite (Resurrection, AVP, AVP-R) that we've had to deal with for years.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Jarac on Jul 18, 2015, 04:53:48 AM
The background characters are definitely human. Although I really want to see what Arcturians are like. C'mon, FOX! No more teasing!

Also, I warmed up to Alien 3 and dislike Resurrection  (that's pretty much the common mindset, although Alien 3 is sharply divided). Either way, it's looking like Blompkamp is going with alternative universe, which I can dig. As long as he hires the right writers to go with his excellent visuals, the movie will succeed. I don't think anyone will expect it to be better tgan Alien or Aliens. They just want a movie that they feel does "justice" to the series. "Good enough" is better than shite (Resurrection, AVP, AVP-R) that we've had to deal with for years.

Hear, hear

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed