Randy Pitchford - Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Was "A Huge Waste of Time"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2015, 10:55:48 AM

Author
Randy Pitchford - Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Was "A Huge Waste of Time" (Read 64,691 times)

Gridseeker

Ranyd, if you really care your company and the people who buy your games then please SHUT THE F%CK UP. Gosh I swore the gaming industry never had a douchebag like this. >:(

jimbob30

i think the problem is gearbox knew what they were doing all along they must have its not like they didn't have enough time to make the damn game i mean 6 years and they release a game that would have been more suited look and gameplaywise on a ps2 and randy blames the fans lol he hates it because we fans know that really they just couldn't be bothered otherwise the game would have been a lot better =.we need sega to get a developer to remake this game they way that they see fit to me avp was much better than this game it looked and played much better and had a damn good multiplayer but sega cut support way to early as there was much that could have been done like new multiplayer modes new story dlc to be honest rebellion should have been given first dibs at aliens colonial marines

Engineer

Here's the article I mentioned before where Randy says they should "drop expensive customers" in case anyone is interested. The article also mentions some unethical behavior in the form of favorable reviews from a developer's friends working for destructoid...

http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2014/09/gamergate-some-people-cost-us-more-than-they-gain-us-says-gearbox-president/

Anonymous

Anonymous

"There is always the person who's got to stand on the sandcastle, they must crush it," - but when it's 95% of your target audience, c'mon, man... what world are you living in?

skull-splitter

Quote"I don't know," he begins when asked what happened. "We made an Aliens game. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world. I got to, the team and us, we got to rebuild the Sulaco. We got to work with Syd Mead to do that. We got to build all of Hadley's Hope, not just the few hallways of the colony that you see in the film. We built power loaders and APCs and dropships. Holy crap, we went out to The Derelict! I'm just so glad that I got the opportunity to spend time in that space. I understand that there's some people that didn't enjoy it and I'm very sorry about that. That's the nature of entertainment – some of my favourite bands who've made some of the songs I think are the best in the world have other songs on B-sides that I completely don't care for. It's going to happen. So I don't know what to say.

How about defending it's initial backlash by claiming you let other studio's work on it (and not the best ones either...) and you got it in hand about two months before release? Man, does this man comprehend reality?

Jarac

Honestly, Gearbox knew what it was doing. Pitchford knew what he was doing. Just like Duke, he knew he could take advantage of an old, respectable IP that has a game people have been waiting on and exploiting it. I call BS on Pitchford spending  $10 million of his own dollars on it. If he did that, he'd have more vested interest in the game, know? Instead he put the game on the back-burner, outsourced it to unproven studios and took SEGA's money and fan support for a ride for 6 years.

Pitchford probably doesn't believe the bullshit coming out of his mouth. He KNOWS what he did, he just hates that everyone knows it too! It's not some conspiracy theory, a lot of it's based on facts given by SEGA and former Gearbox employees how this went down. But Pitchford can't let the customer win. His ego will not allow it.

Thomas

Randy Pitchford on A:CM Backlash – "Some People are Sadists"

....... and some people are narcissistic A**holes who needs to grow up and except theire part of the responsibility in this hullubulu.......

Anonymous

Anonymous

"There is always the person who's got to stand on the sandcastle, they must crush it," - but when it's 95% of your target audience, c'mon, man... what world are you living in?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The game was doom from the start. The game came out in 2013 and yet it feels like game made in 2003. I think the game being pushed back and having no wave of info for a long periods of time was a good sign that this game was going to be bad.

DB

Hopefully when GBX's next turd comes out people will remember the masterpieces that A:CM and Duke were and reward accordingly.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 17, 2015, 06:55:13 PM
Randy has "no regrets" about A:CM...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/17/randy-pitchford-address-alien-colonial-marines-claims

Holy christ.

First he accuses the game's detractors of just trying to get site hits and ad revenue (what about the vast majority of us that don't have game sites, Randy?), and then he likens them to 911 Truthers.

Also, the 'B-side' analogy is pretty weak. DLC is a 'B-side'. The game itself is the A-side... it's what we dropped $70 for.

You know what I think? I think he's up shit creek. If everything was fine in Randy World, he wouldn't have to run to the press to defend himself. This is damage control.

Engineer

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 17, 2015, 10:17:12 PM

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/17/randy-pitchford-address-alien-colonial-marines-claims

Holy christ.

First he accuses the game's detractors of just trying to get site hits and ad revenue (what about the vast majority of us that don't have game sites, Randy?), and then he likens them to 911 Truthers.

Also, the 'B-side' analogy is pretty weak. DLC is a 'B-side'. The game itself is the A-side... it's what we dropped $70 for.

You know what I think? I think he's up shit creek. If everything was fine in Randy World, he wouldn't have to run to the press to defend himself. This is damage control.
I know right?! Except his version of damage control makes things worse I think! Lol. I think he's got a "lesser mind..." Lmao

HicksLives!

I would love to see things from Randy's point of view. Unfortunately, my head won't fit that far up my ass.

Jarac

Smells like bullshit and damage control. IGN would be the people he'd run to. They're so far up the corporate ass they don't care.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed