Randy Pitchford - Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Was "A Huge Waste of Time"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2015, 10:55:48 AM

Author
Randy Pitchford - Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Was "A Huge Waste of Time" (Read 64,707 times)

Doggo33

Doggo33

Goodness me I'm really starting to hate him. He's damaging his reputation and Gearbox's. You don't have to admit its flaws. You don't have to admit you're wrong. But don't accuse the community you rely on.

MaseSco, I wouldn't say 'Alien: Isolation' was fully well thought out. It is great for most of it. But Mission  14 (The Descent) onwards falls, for me. It goes overboard with the aliens and debatably so with the robots. By the last 3 missions I was just wondering when it would end. As I said, for the most part it's great. Just, in terms of "wel thought out", eh, not so much towards the end. Also, terrible game ending.

Wow - And unfortunately that will continue to happen. 'Prometheus 2' and 'Alien 5' woo! -_-

Wow

its the Alien franchise even if you made the worst game ever it would still sell as it DID!

he so far out of touch with the Alien franchise he shouldn't of hade the chance to make a aliens game to start WITH!!!

Poor Alien franchise gets shipped around for ever one to mess with it

Mr. Clemens

"Less sophisticated minds."

Think about that.

He's like the twerp at school who'd needle you until you attacked him, and then make faces at you after the teacher came to break it up.

I didn't even outright hate A:CM like everyone else does, but I sure do now. F*ck Randy Pitchford and his beautiful 'sandcastle'.

Engineer

Quote from: Shamo on Jul 15, 2015, 10:29:17 PM
I did not hate the game completley. It had some interesting ideas- and the online mode also had some good things. And yet- in every aspect of it, it is wasted potential.  And that is the problem. Not ackknowledging that.
I think the problem is much bigger than that, and even bigger than just in the quality of the games he/they put out too! The biggest problem they have is in self-perception and their attitude towards us as customers.

I recently read an article that referenced Twitter posts by Randy (which were deleted, but the article author still had a record of them) where Randy literally said some customers should be "dropped" because they cost them more money than it's worth! Seriously?!? Ok...

Gearbox customer service rep: "so, you require too much assistance and it's starting to cost us money now, so we're just going to ignore you from here on out. Good bye!"

Wtf kind of customer service is that?! More importantly, what sort of attitude or philosophy is that from a business perspective? Why not just put out a quality product that does NOT require excessive customer support to begin with?!?

His remarks and attitude just goes to show that this guy and his company don't really give a damn about their fans/customers unless we have positive feedback/support to begin with! Why else would Randy block people on Twitter for providing any sort of criticism? even good natured, constructive criticism has resulted in the Randy-ban hammer!

This "dropping customers" thing is probably why they stopped supporting A:CM the second they were no longer "obligated" to support it! When was the last time a patch was released to address various game issues? I believe prior to the last dlc pack. They probably decided it would cost them more than it was worth to spend the time and resources to develop another patch to make fans happier with the product, and they cut their losses the first chance they got!

Say what you will about poor choices or product quality from other game developers like destiny/bungie and halo/343i... At least they did something, and continue to do things, to make it up to their fans/customers when their product breaks or doesn't meet expected standards. All I've seen from Randy and gearbox are finger-pointing and insulting the customers publicly! What ever happened to "the Customer is always right" approach?

SuperM

Chris!(($$))!

Maybe Randy Pitchford is actually a God of a Troll. All his life he HATED the ALIENS franchise and saw this moment to strike at it's heart, the fans. And now this is all insult to injury.

Gate

Blame the consumers. Do you know what country you're in, Dickford?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2015, 09:37:33 PMPitchford is at it again! We're all sadists out to crush his sandcastle for hating on Colonial Marines.

What a prat. How does he explain that when compared to the total lack of vehement hatred being thrown at Isolation?

Corporal Hicks

Personally I think I'm a sadistic for enjoying Alien Isolation so much.

andrew_jacques_11

I like this game for one reason only, and thats for keeping Cpl Hicks alive in the Alien universe, i know the game was bad but i still play it on steam..  :-

felipescado

felipescado

what a douchebag, really, they made a bad game, so it is logical to HATE IT, but he talks as it was supposed to be loved

THE CITY HUNTER

These guys are acting like konami dickheads f**king corporation know wonder the replica invaded armacham.Two words to that guy "asshole".

PHANTOM

Trust me Randy Pitchford knows he f--ked up. He knows the gamer's have every right to hate him. He's just saying these things because the spotlight is still on him and he feels the need to stick up for himself by constantly saying I'm not guilty.

But as one user said which I agree, it would have been better to shut his mouth and just keep walking. If I was him I'd pretend that this whole mess never happened, no comment, and just move on.

Bio Mech Hunter

My God, Pitchford is so deluded. He's so far removed from the situation. He can't grasp the simplicity of why so many of us are angry? He can't possibly be THAT stupid, can he?

If he's not going to fess up and offer a sincere apology (an explanation would be nice, too), it'd be better for him to just be quiet. He's only heaping coal on the fire when he does this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed