"Derelict" (Prometheus/Alien Fan Edit Film)

Started by GQSioux, Jun 12, 2015, 07:25:44 PM

Author
"Derelict" (Prometheus/Alien Fan Edit Film) (Read 13,125 times)

GQSioux

GQSioux

Has anyone posted this yet? Looks like a fan combined Prometheus and Alien into one 2.5 hour b&w film.

https://vimeo.com/129318944

'Derelict' is an editing project for academic purposes. 'Prometheus' wasn't exactly an Alien prequel, but this treats it as such by intercutting the events of Alien with Prometheus in a dual narrative structure. The goal was to assemble the material to emphasize the strengths of Prometheus as well as its ties to Alien.

'Derelict' is also in black & white to better marry the visual quality of the two originals (and also because both films look great in black & white). Roughly 30 minutes has been cut from Prometheus and about an hour of Alien has been used in its place. Some content from the deleted scenes of Prometheus was also used.

Article:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3349086/fan-cuts-alien-prometheus-one-2-12-hour-film/

NickisSmart

Watching this, now. Love it, so far. Good editing.

Elmazalman

Interesting edit,both film's events running parallel-even the end credits!

Immortan Jonesy

I made a thread about it on the Prometheus forums, sorry for that :P. I didn't realize that already existed  ;D

Sabby

Hmmm... intriguing idea. I wonder if it's as good as A Phantom Edit.

Xenomorphine

Also probably modified over to black and white to prevent it being removed for theft of copyright. :)

Gruyères

Which eventually is (removed)  :-[

Anyone has a copy? I'd gladly watch it.

Xenobotz

Anyone managed to grab it? Didn't get to watch.

Corporal Hicks

Me either. Anyone grab a copy?

XenoHunter99

I have that file. It's near 2GB. You can have it, if you want it.

John B

XenoHunter99 Yes, please.  I watched the whole thing but didn't think to download it and now it's gone. 

Yautja_Blade

Yautja_Blade

Would be awesome if you could host it somewhere for download.

XenoHunter99

I'm sharing a link by pm with site members. I don't know if this is the absolute best way to do it, but discretion seems wiser.  :-X  ;D

XenoHunter99

Does this recombination change anything for anyone?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed