Other aliens in the Alien and Predator universe

Started by The Alien Predator, May 21, 2015, 07:50:36 PM

Author
Other aliens in the Alien and Predator universe (Read 26,012 times)

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, he ends up bringing that along with him. I seriously recommend reading that book. Easily the best Predator novel.

The Alien Predator

I am hearing so many glowing reviews on it. It's become on my top "must read" list.

Xenomrph

I need to re-read it because it seriously is that awesome, but I've got so much on my plate that I need to read for just the first time before I go back and re-read stuff I've already read. :P

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 26, 2015, 07:40:24 PM
I need to re-read it because it seriously is that awesome, but I've got so much on my plate that I need to read for just the first time before I go back and re-read stuff I've already read. :P

I'm in the same position. I want to go back and re-read and re-review the older books/comics but I still buy new books and my pile gets bigger! I don't get in as much reading time as I used to. xD

The Alien Predator

If and when you guys re read it, feel free to add any other life or alien civilisations mentioned in the book to this thread.

Ferengo

In Alien Vs Predator for the Atari Jaguar there are points throughout the game where you access computer terminals. There are relevant and non relevant files on there. Some of it details other life forms encountered and documented by humans as they've explored other planets. It also has files on Xenomorph research but all I can remember from that was they expected that a facehugger could impregnate an animal as small as a cat in their expectations.

I know the above is a tenuous link in the EU but thought I might mention it.

The Alien Predator

Thanks, Ferengo.

That is some useful information. I didn't play the game but I remember Xenopedia stating that one of the computer terminals mentions a sub-intelligent alien race whose planet was invaded by the Colonial Marines and humans set up a colony on this world.

Ferengo

Not a problem Guan. Just wish I could remember more. I've searched online and found very little. Even the walkthrough on youtube omits the terminal sections  :( Just guess I'll need to buy a console and copy of the game  ;D

It really does speak to the creators that they put EU aliens and info not relevant to the story in order to engage the player and make for a more in depth story. I know it's getting slightly off topic but I feel this is something lost in the newer games. Considering this was put on a 4mb but it had been compressed to 2mb it just goes to show you what can be done.

If I play through it and find any info I'll post it up. For anyone who wants to know I'm 99% sure it was the medlab terminal that had this info.

The Alien Predator

Yeah, it's sad that most of these other aliens are just thow-aways mentioned once and then never again.

The Arcturians got lucky, being mentioned again in the new novel trilogy.  ;D But not fully described so we have no clue about them besides that they aren't forgotten.

I would love to see you put up any new info should you get the chance to play through the game. From the gameplay footage I've seen, it looks quite fun. I like the charm these vintage shooters have, being simplistic and arcade with the old graphics.

Even the old AvP games added new creatures in them while the new one just felt rushed. (Still is really fun and I have replayed it so many times that I lost count)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jun 03, 2015, 05:51:16 PM
The Arcturians got lucky, being mentioned again in the new novel trilogy.  ;D But not fully described so we have no clue about them besides that they aren't forgotten.

I have a feeling they maybe showing up again in the new Rage War trilogy. The new EU seems to want to set them up as quite important.

Tim has already commented that the Dog Aliens maybe returning.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 04, 2015, 07:32:30 AM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jun 03, 2015, 05:51:16 PM

I have a feeling they maybe showing up again in the new Rage War trilogy. The new EU seems to want to set them up as quite important.

Tim has already commented that the Dog Aliens maybe returning.

YES!

I have the same feeling. I really wanna see the Arcturians fully fleshed out.

I don't know why, but in the Sea of Sorrows novel when they are mentioned, the crew seems to lighten up a bit and whispering to each other. In my head, I imagined them with faces that were trying so hard not to laugh. It just reminded me of the "I really could get me some more of that Arcturian poontang" moment in Aliens. It feels that these fellas are the friendliest aliens in this galaxy. I think having an Arcturian as a friend would be like Garrus in Mass Effect, he or she would be the biggest space bro/sis you could have should you befriend an Arcturian. I don't know, something just seems so BENIGN about these guys. (And that's what they said about the "Space Jockey" and look at how that turned out.  ;D)

And the Dog-Aliens really interest me as well. The bits of their culture that we have seen so far was fascinating. The artwork in their ruins ranging from them at war, to them interacting with other creatures and even doing something as simple as bathing. It showed a culture that Tim was willing to tease us with. I also liked the tragic moment where Ripley and company find mummified remains of what seems to be a family, two adults and a small child. Shows how unrelenting the Xenomorphs can be that humanity really isn't alone in fearing these creatures.

The new EU seems much more open to the idea of introducing and exploring other aliens compared to the old EU that only dedicated a small mention or a panel and the occasional novel (Steel Egg) which I haven't read so I can't say much about it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jun 04, 2015, 11:57:41 AM
And the Dog-Aliens really interest me as well. The bits of their culture that we have seen so far was fascinating. The artwork in their ruins ranging from them at war, to them interacting with other creatures and even doing something as simple as bathing. It showed a culture that Tim was willing to tease us with. I also liked the tragic moment where Ripley and company find mummified remains of what seems to be a family, two adults and a small child. Shows how unrelenting the Xenomorphs can be that humanity really isn't alone in fearing these creatures.

The new EU seems much more open to the idea of introducing and exploring other aliens compared to the old EU that only dedicated a small mention or a panel and the occasional novel (Steel Egg) which I haven't read so I can't say much about it.

I was disappointed that Sea of Sorrows didn't go into them more. I'm hoping they have some exploration in The Rage Wars. I love the idea of the galaxy being bigger than just humanity, Engineers, Aliens and Predators. It's one of the reasons I love the EU, to be able expand (hence the name Expanded Universe).

Steel Egg sucked btw. I wouldn't bother with it.

whiterabbit

I would love to see the blob in the AVP universe. I always had this idea that the alien evolved some of it's traits due to living on the same world as the blob.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 04, 2015, 12:34:56 PM
I was disappointed that Sea of Sorrows didn't go into them more. I'm hoping they have some exploration in The Rage Wars. I love the idea of the galaxy being bigger than just humanity, Engineers, Aliens and Predators. It's one of the reasons I love the EU, to be able expand (hence the name Expanded Universe).

Steel Egg sucked btw. I wouldn't bother with it.

I felt that Sea of Sorrows was simply trying to tease and remind us about them.

I was disappointed that River of Pain hardly mentioned them. Just said Weyland-Yutan has "Arcturian Trading Partners" whereas Sea of Sorrows mentions how once humanity met the Arcturians and learned of other alien life, they began to focus solely on boosting up their own tech (makes sense seeing how in the Audio Diaries of AvP3, Weyland did say he wants humanity to be the elite species in the galaxy) and perhaps trading with the Arcturians brought in some new stuff for mankind which boosted Earth's technology. It could explain why ships are suddenly a bit more "refined" by the time of Aliens. I know a lot can happen in a few decades, but that's just a suggestion. Not saying Arcturians improved our chitty chitty bang bang cars from 1922 to 1979, we did that one ourselves.  :P

But I did like that River of Pain did mention some hostile aliens as well and how Colonial Marines had some "stories" to tell of their conflicts with them. I wish it gave us more information.

I bet none of them are such huge dicks as the Predators though, nothing can beat that dickery.

happypred

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on May 25, 2015, 05:11:43 PM
Does anyone have any info on aliens mentioned in South China Sea?

I think there was an armoured worm.

Anything else? Apparently the Predator stole a hoverboard from a different alien. Is that true?

Continent sized space behemoths with kaiju-sized offspring

Fungal aliens with hoverboards

Armoured worms the size of giant anacondas

Intelligent amphibians with tech as advanced as that of 21st century humans

Saurians

...a lot of interesting stuff in that novel. The predator also has a strong odour, which harks back to old EU stories like Predator Big Game

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed