Prometheus 2 as a prequel

Started by markweatherill, May 12, 2015, 11:59:10 AM

Author
Prometheus 2 as a prequel (Read 2,756 times)

System Apollo

System Apollo

QuoteI'm sure we can visualise a nice scene of an angelic-looking engineer appearing to a lady, and she somehow or other becoming pregnant.
Her son, shall we call him Space Jesus, is born with inherent genetic knowledge of his mission, whatever that is. He has a pot of this miraculous black goo that he sometimes puts to a variety of uses.

It's interesting I'll give it that, but it is a bit far out there.  :-\

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 14, 2015, 01:37:29 PM
The reason they had to stay their hand was because the shit they were going to bomb us with got out and bombed them form the inside.

That wasn't their whole civilisation. It was a remote cargo bay or laboratory, at most.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 14, 2015, 07:19:52 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 14, 2015, 01:37:29 PM
The reason they had to stay their hand was because the shit they were going to bomb us with got out and bombed them form the inside.

That wasn't their whole civilisation. It was a remote cargo bay or laboratory, at most.
Fair point.

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 14, 2015, 02:31:31 PM
QuoteI'm sure we can visualise a nice scene of an angelic-looking engineer appearing to a lady, and she somehow or other becoming pregnant.
Her son, shall we call him Space Jesus, is born with inherent genetic knowledge of his mission, whatever that is. He has a pot of this miraculous black goo that he sometimes puts to a variety of uses.

It's interesting I'll give it that, but it is a bit far out there.  :-\
I some how missed that... now that is an idea that somebody can work with. Maybe the engineers are such a manly species that he got Shaw pregnant, again, in those two seconds before the trilobite hugged him. So Prometheus 2 opens up literally by having Shaws guts explode and out pops the alien we know. Twist beginning. :P

System Apollo

System Apollo

The problem with the idea is that it would upset a lot of people.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 15, 2015, 08:12:00 AM
If that is the case then I fail to see the problem. :P

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 15, 2015, 10:07:48 AM
Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 15, 2015, 08:12:00 AM
If that is the case then I fail to see the problem. :P
:laugh:!
Well, I'm an atheist so I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression. But making a space Jesus would be mocking an entire faith. I don't feel comfortable knowing that the Alien universe is associated with something like that.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I don't think it would be seen as mockery by more than a few extremist elements. Jesus having ET origins is an old theory. I just don't think it fits the Engineers, though.

Since we're dealing with giants, if they want to specifically work Biblical legends into this, it would be better to go with the 'Book Of Enoch', which is the part which dealt with angelic representatives of God being sent down to overlook and guide our species, but succumbed to a desire to breed with human females (which could be perceived as a innate curiosity to try genetically modifying us, rather than be hands-off), which resulted in the half-human race of giants known as Nephilim. It even lists, by name, about 200 of these disobedient 'Watchers' and also their leaders.

This was meant to have been the reason God attempted to repeatedly unleash genocide, yet try to also save some of us: These hybrids were getting too numerous and screwing up whatever the plan was meant to be.

Stuff like that would fit what was depicted in 'Prometheus' a lot better than the idea about Jesus which Ridley Scott came up with: The reason they were going to Earth, was because of a prior directive, way back when, to take out a rogue group which had set up on Earth and were empire-building without being given authorisation. Not because they detested humanity, itself, but because some operatives were doing their own thing and considered dangerous.

The tale of the Watchers is genuinely quite fascinating and outlines how they gave humans (I think females, specifically) knowledge which we weren't meant to have, right from cosmetics to warfare.

There are a lot of tales of giant beings, supposedly descended from people who came from the sky, which could very easily be worked into this. Especially from the native Americans, who regularly faced off against a race of red-haired cannibalistic giants.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed