The Alien's tail

Started by Mr. Weyland, Feb 05, 2007, 09:44:14 PM

Author
The Alien's tail (Read 5,001 times)

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

In the scene when the Alien impales the predator with its tail and then brings him to his face and kills him, as anyone noticed how big the aliens tail during the scene, its about 10ft long, how did the CGI team not notice that the tail was way to long?

SM

SM

Hardly blame the CGI team.  Blame Anderson for not shooting coherent location footage.

ian36015

ian36015

Though this has nothing to due to the subject, I really enjoyed how the Two monsters were introduced into the same frame together. Even if the it was unrealistic, it was awesome to see those two meet face-to-face like that

SM

SM

But the Predators were introduced way before hand?

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I do love the scene but Andrson should have checked the tail thing.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: SM on Feb 06, 2007, 03:22:06 AM
But the Predators were introduced way before hand?

I think he meant in frame like that, the first time preds and aliens were in a single frame face to face.

and ya, the tails length is messed up.

ian36015

ian36015

^ Exactly. Hope something like that will show up in 2

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

I'm still a bit iffy about the whole town thing. Sounds like a monsters come to a quiet suburban neighbor hood and cause havok movie like Critters or Gremlins :-\

ian36015

ian36015

Me too if I think the movie takes place in a city suburbs. But when a little town in the desert pops up...this thing just might work

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I thought we were talking about a tail here  ???

Dachande

Dachande

Bishop gets all too acquainted with a tail in Aliens doesnt he?

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Yes, ripped me in half once.  ;D

avpjunkie

avpjunkie

if it wasn't for everyone complaining about the length of the tail, i would never have noticed.

I say this because the scene was an awesome way to set up the first face to face of an alien and pred, so i was focused on the "wow" moment rather than "oh, the tail's too long, i can't enjoy, let alone like this movie"...

Champiionser

Champiionser

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Feb 05, 2007, 09:44:14 PM
In the scene when the Alien impales the predator with its tail and then brings him to his face and kills him, as anyone noticed how big the aliens tail during the scene, its about 10ft long, how did the CGI team not notice that the tail was way to long?
It looked like crap :o

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: avpjunkie on Feb 10, 2007, 06:07:30 AM
if it wasn't for everyone complaining about the length of the tail, i would never have noticed.

I say this because the scene was an awesome way to set up the first face to face of an alien and pred, so i was focused on the "wow" moment rather than "oh, the tail's too long, i can't enjoy, let alone like this movie"...

Not only that but an adult alien would never be able to lift a Predator off the ground.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed