Aliens - Operations

Started by Hemi, Mar 30, 2015, 09:26:42 PM

Author
Aliens - Operations (Read 23,146 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hemi on Apr 01, 2015, 08:13:38 AM
Anyway, my original plan was to create game centered around a Colonial Scout Marine, that is send to Hadleys Hope by Burke to retrieve the documents that have his signature (making him responsible for the demise of the colony). This before the marine party lands with Ripley.

Was that the game you spoke to me about many many many moons ago?

You know what could have been interesting. Using the Colonial Marshalls from Isolation. Placing an office on Hadley's Hope and doing a game about them and their attempts to stop the infestation.

Hemi

Hemi

Aye, that would work too. But my approach was to get the Scout to have actual contact with Burke moments before the party lands. But I guess it could work with a dirty Marshall too...working for the company lol. ;-)

I mean...were is Burke during the mission prepping? Maybe he was trying to frantically erase his involvement before Ripley found out. That was my angle anyway.

Yes this was the more fleshed-out version based on only the Aliens franchise. The Scout game from way back visited all the sets of the alien franchise.

Anyway...with Isolation beeing a succes, it would be nice to see the same sort of game in the Aliens universe imo. Who knows right?

Lucifero

Lucifero

I think it's the perfect alien enigma in the history of video games

Rajen

Rajen

Nice work, even it was about 5 min. of walking i had this 5 min. fun but... cellshading... i don't like it   :(  I wish you good luck, fast experience gain and always correctly compiled codes without red warnings :)

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: Rajen on Apr 01, 2015, 06:32:19 PM
Nice work, even it was about 5 min. of walking i had this 5 min. fun but... cellshading... i don't like it   :(  I wish you good luck, fast experience gain and always correctly compiled codes without red warnings :)

Thanks. Im planning to do a little update at some point, removing some of the alien/alien3 music. I could look into some fancy lights and remove the cellshading. We will see.  :)

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Is this sorta replacing your AKH project?

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Apr 07, 2015, 03:26:20 AM
Is this sorta replacing your AKH project?

Not really. It was just a case I made to test the Unity engine.

Though I'm creating an update atm, and trying to find a way to implement some sort of game mechanism.

Maybe you guys can help me out a bit? How would you, with the given stuff, make this into a game of some sorts?

ChocolateNinja

ChocolateNinja

I can help you if i can but i don't understand questions:

QuoteHow would you, with the given stuff, make this into a game of some sorts?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Maybe a recreation of the Operations scene from Aliens?

That wasn’t funny man

Hi only just discover this and the project looks great, any chance you could pass on your project I will live to carry it on.
I want to do a mixture of Vincent Wards Alien 3 script with but with hicks alive and use newts death as ripplys driving force to get off the wooden planet and warn everyone.

Anyway let me know what you think? Good idea or bad

Hemi

Hemi

I am/was working on a new version of this.

http://www.mostimpressive.nl/portfolio-item/unity-3d-projects/

(last item, scroll down and hit the download button)

Never tested the multiplayer with actual people. But hey...it's there..so go nuts.

As for getting the assets. Not sure about that, I put a lot of work into converting the whole thing to Unity. And it has a lot of custom animations/textures etc that  I had to create myself. Hard to just.."give" that away.

Ill think about it. Meanwhile you can spawn a few Queens and see if you can survive in Hadleys Hope lol.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

The animation looks so cool in the pictures. I can't wait to see what the newer version looks like.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Oct 17, 2018, 01:42:21 AM
The animation looks so cool in the pictures. I can't wait to see what the newer version looks like.

you don't have to wait...lol. It's there to play.

Somehow people think it's not available or that i'm working on it or something.

Yes...I work on it sometimes. But you can still play the latest version. Ill always update the package if I have something new to show.

http://www.mostimpressive.nl/ADM/ADM.zip

Here...have a direct link, maybe that helps or something.

My bad. The communication went a bit tits up. I wanted to work on it more, but life got in the way...

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Hemi on Oct 17, 2018, 05:21:45 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Oct 17, 2018, 01:42:21 AM

Yes...I work on it sometimes. But you can still play the latest version. Ill always update the package if I have something new to show.

My bad. The communication went a bit tits up. I wanted to work on it more, but life got in the way...

Unfortunately, my computer's not buff enough, and there's nothing I can do about that at the moment.

YURI_THEGUY

YURI_THEGUY

Quote from: Hemi on Oct 17, 2018, 05:21:45 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Oct 17, 2018, 01:42:21 AMThe animation looks so cool in the pictures. I can't wait to see what the newer version looks like.

Does anyone have a link to this anymore? The mostimpressive site doesn't work. I have the old one but really want to try the new one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed