Aliens - Operations

Started by Hemi, Mar 30, 2015, 09:26:42 PM

Author
Aliens - Operations (Read 23,145 times)

Hemi

Hemi

Hello,

I've been fooling around in Unity 3D, trying to learn basics. To do so I made a project that is called :

It's a simple FPS walk around kinda thingy. No real gameplay, just a museum with characters from the movie that I made for the Killing Floor mod.(the 2nd version that never got released)

It has the borderlands filter...just to fck with gearbox lol.

Here is the download:

www.mostimpressive.nl/ALIENS - Operations.zip

And some more screenshots:

Features:

• All the characters have quotes from the movie as you walk past them. (random)
• Aliens OST plays random the entire time. You could see the game as an interactive OST lol.
• Working pulse Rifle, you can even blow up stuff.

As I said, I used it as a learning sorta thing and have no intention of finishing anything. Just a bit of fun.

Enjoy.  :)

ps: most rigs should be able to play it with no problems.

Press ESC to quit the "game" lol

If some folks want to continue the work, let me know. I can WeTransfer the project if they want. It includes all assets, meshes, textures etc etc. Maybe some would like to build upon it or something.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Like you say, not much too it but it was fun for a quick walk around. Made me chuckle. Didn't mind the cell shaded filter either. I'll slapped it on the front page too.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Wow, looks really cool. great work man! :o

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh and just one suggestion. Use Aliens music. I thought the Alien stuff just stood out a little too much.

Might be worth looking into doing some fully fledged interactive museum piece.

szkoki

szkoki

cool work, i love the telltale style :D

Hemi

Hemi

Yeah, I forgot some of the tracks of the other movies by accident hehe.

I can always strip them of course.

Thanks for the front page mention. (Aliens: Operations btw hehe. You forgot a "s". No biggy though :-) )

Btw, if you crouch by the blocked corridor you can go under the blockade and see were I wanted to expand the colony. Never did get further unfortunatly.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Appologies. Fixed.

No interest in doing anything else with it?

Hemi

Hemi

No idea really...I never gave it much thought tbh. Maybe people here have some ideas lol.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Continue doing your own thing, Love to see what you have in store for the future. you're very talented. this piece will be ideal to showcase to an employer if you someday try entering the game industry.

Darkness

Darkness

Is this the same engine that the recent Mario 64 HD remake was done in?

I'm loving the cell-shaded look. I love the Borderlands games. Very impressive demo.

Hemi

Hemi

Yes, I believe he used Unity 3D too. It's a great tool and very easy to learn.

I did have a map at one point that spawned facehuggers at the end of a corridor, and you could kill em. It was interesting, lol.

Glad you all liked it. I had a blast creating it.  :)

Darkness

Darkness

Ah yeah, I thought Unity sounded familiar.

How long did this take you?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Well done!

That is amazing.

KingKenny

KingKenny

Cool!

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 31, 2015, 07:33:10 PM
An yeah, I thought Unity sounded familiar.

How long did this take you?

I had most of the assets from my modding time on Killing Floor. And I ripped the rest from ACM.

Biggest challenge was to re-create Operations. Since GBX fcked up on that part, I had to use original blueprint references and sketches from production. Im still not sure if I got every room were it belongs lol. The Tribute map from Bughunt came the closest prob, and helped a bit.

If you know what you are doing this will take you about 1-2 months to build. Depending on how much detail you want to add.

Anyway, my original plan was to create game centered around a Colonial Scout Marine, that is send to Hadleys Hope by Burke to retrieve the documents that have his signature (making him responsible for the demise of the colony). This before the marine party lands with Ripley.

The game takes place in and around the complex, maybe even the processor. He would meet Newt, maybe even save her a few times etc. This referring to the conversation she had with Ripley in Aliens:

Ripley: These people are here to protect you. They're soldiers.
Newt: It won't make any difference.

Maybe the scout get's snatched away from Newt at some point, etc.

The end of the game takes place in Operations. Maybe some sort of "last stand", lol.

Most of the damage to the colony will link back to the Aliens movie, eg: acid burned into the floors etc etc. Lots of nods towards the franchise.

I thought it was a far more interesting take on the franchise, comparred to the damn ACM game we got in the end. Specially since you might see some parts of the colony before they are smashed by the Aliens.

Now that Isolation is released, it might be an interesting idea to do it like that possibly...dunno.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed