Has AvPR improved wih age?

Started by Perfect-Organism, Mar 25, 2015, 03:59:06 PM

Author
Has AvPR improved wih age? (Read 81,133 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2017, 12:47:57 PM...and scenes at the high school during the day (scripted, not sure if filmed).

One of the ghost characters in the credits is (according to the script) their teacher Mr. Thomas, so I'd imagine that must have been filmed for his name to get there.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Wasn't he the one who gave the survival of the fittest speech in the first draft? Was that in the shooting draft?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, that's him.

No idea if it was in the shooting draft but, again, if his name is in the credits I can't see it not being filmed.

SiL

SiL

Why must you make me go spelunking into that God-awful script?

In the August 21st 2006 draft, Mr Thomas still gives his Survival of the Fittest speech. This cuts between the classroom, and Wolf entering the sewers following the facehuggers. His role ends when Ricky beats up Dale after Dale taunts him about pizza delivery.

I do remember Crom saying that most of the stuff from the second day (story-wise; the day after Wolf shows up and kills Ray) was completely cut from the film; the school, Molly at the park, and a few other equally irrelevant scraps took place then.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Nov 22, 2017, 10:08:30 AMWhy must you make me go spelunking into that God-awful script?

:laugh: No one has a gun to your head :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2017, 12:47:57 PM
and scenes at the high school during the day (scripted, not sure if filmed).

So that was apparently filmed.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Best thing to come out of this review is thanks to SiL's spelunking that lead to that hysterical script play-by-play review.

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2017, 09:42:22 AM
I'd probably buy a re-release with the "right" colour grading on it.

I sincerely hope they release a 4k HDR set of both AVP films. It would obviously help AVPR immensely, but I think the pyramid scenes (I think the current lighting is fine) in the first one would benefit from the details.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 21, 2017, 09:49:08 AM
That I know of, there's the stuff with the kids, the skinned Predators, the alternate ending and probably at least a couple of other scenes mentioned in the scripts, characters from which are still listed in the film's credits, implying they were filmed and considered for inclusion at some point. In their commentary, the Strauses also talk about filming some Predator POV shots that never made the movie. And I'd assume the original final act where Dallas' kid brother dies exists in some form, as that was supposedly changed after a test screening.

Wow, I never heard about these. Interesting.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 21, 2017, 09:49:08 AM
That I know of, there's the stuff with the kids, the skinned Predators, the alternate ending and probably at least a couple of other scenes mentioned in the scripts, characters from which are still listed in the film's credits, implying they were filmed and considered for inclusion at some point. In their commentary, the Strauses also talk about filming some Predator POV shots that never made the movie. And I'd assume the original final act where Dallas' kid brother dies exists in some form, as that was supposedly changed after a test screening.

Nothing groundbreaking, but out of curiosity I'd be interested to see whatever they have. As it is, the film's easily the shortest in the franchise, and I remember reading somewhere that it was cut quite considerably for time shortly before release. (Because Fox realised they had a stinker on their hands and just wanted to maximise how many times it could be shown in a day?)
An alternate ending to this film would be great!! But, Honestly I would just love a film where didn't have to adjust my TV everytime I watched it!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: GreybackElder on Dec 09, 2017, 10:43:48 PMAn alternate ending to this film would be great!!

It really wasn't much different - essentially, the special forces soldiers that find the survivors just machine gun them all instead of rescuing them. They decided it was too bleak.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Though I think the bleaker ending would make more sense... Sorta.

The movie feels like it thinks its being so f*cking clever with the whole "Government is evil" running "theme."

SM

SM

As mean spirited as the film was - that ending would've plumbed new depths.

SiL

SiL

I don't think they filmed it, either.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Absolutely despise AVPR.

Literally attempted to watch it again, in god knows how long, got 5 minutes in, remembered how dark everything was, got frustrated. Turned the t.v. off.

genocyber

genocyber

I feel that this film would benefit greatly from a directors cut to re edit certain scenes and fix the lighting issues, since the shots in the trailer looked great compared to what we got.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed