Has AvPR improved wih age?

Started by Perfect-Organism, Mar 25, 2015, 03:59:06 PM

Author
Has AvPR improved wih age? (Read 81,957 times)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: SM on Oct 26, 2017, 10:53:28 PM
Quite.

And I think you've just found a way to make AvP:R worse.  No mean feat.  ;D

BlackMatter169

BlackMatter169

Suffice it to say, milk ages more gracefully than this movie.

SM

SM

I am very much looking forward to a 10th anniversary release at the end of the year...

:laugh:

cheachea

cheachea

I kid you not, if they brightened up the lighting in the  movie to where I could actually see stuff on the screen I would at least enjoy the parts that had Wolf and action in them.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd probably buy a re-release with the "right" colour grading on it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I think thew only way I'd ever consider buying a re-release is if they added some of the (allegedly quite plentiful) deleted scenes back in, or at least put them on the disc as a binus.

My curiosity in seeing that stuff would outweigh my hatred of the movie. Just.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They did an extended version with deleted scenes, didn't they?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

They did. But by all accounts there was quite a lot more they filmed that's never been released. For instance, there are characters listed in the film's credits that aren't actually in the movie, so evidently some stuff must have been cut quite late.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Everyone please just let this movie die and rot in hell.....please

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 20, 2017, 01:20:21 PM
They did. But by all accounts there was quite a lot more they filmed that's never been released. For instance, there are characters listed in the film's credits that aren't actually in the movie, so evidently some stuff must have been cut quite late.

I don't think the scenes with the brother and sister ever surfaced.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Because those scenes are apparently awful.  Embarassingly bad.  Say what you will about the Strause Bros, but they made the best movie they could under the circumstances.

Don't know whose fault it is with the colour grading, though.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2017, 01:32:27 PM

I don't think the scenes with the brother and sister ever surfaced.
Yes, that's exactly the point he's making. If it did as part of a new release he'd consider getting it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I meant those are the only ones I could really think of. I suppose we never saw the footage of the skinned Predator's restored, did we? I don't think I've actually seen the Unrated cut so I can't really remember.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That I know of, there's the stuff with the kids, the skinned Predators, the alternate ending and probably at least a couple of other scenes mentioned in the scripts, characters from which are still listed in the film's credits, implying they were filmed and considered for inclusion at some point. In their commentary, the Strauses also talk about filming some Predator POV shots that never made the movie. And I'd assume the original final act where Dallas' kid brother dies exists in some form, as that was supposedly changed after a test screening.

Nothing groundbreaking, but out of curiosity I'd be interested to see whatever they have. As it is, the film's easily the shortest in the franchise, and I remember reading somewhere that it was cut quite considerably for time shortly before release. (Because Fox realised they had a stinker on their hands and just wanted to maximise how many times it could be shown in a day?)

SiL

SiL

AvP is the shortest at 85 minutes of actual screen time (plus ten minutes of credits).

One of the latter drafts of the script had the PredAlien skin Ray the cop; it'd be interesting to see if they filmed that. There was also a scene of Molly playing by a sewer opening during the day and almost being grabbed by an Alien (scripted and filmed), and scenes at the high school during the day (scripted, not sure if filmed).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed