Has AvPR improved wih age?

Started by Perfect-Organism, Mar 25, 2015, 03:59:06 PM

Author
Has AvPR improved wih age? (Read 81,981 times)

Russ

Russ

I'm still reeling from the "it's canon in the Predator-verse but not the Xeno-verse" revelation.

Honestly - that blew my mind and totally works for me. It just ties everything up - not perfectly, but I can go with it. I don't know why - but I'm sold.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2017, 10:34:55 AM
The website was actually founded as a resource for the games.  :) Plus, AvP is just a nice title that'll encompass all the franchises.
Not only that, AVPGalaxy is the household name of alien / predator fan sites, a keeper. I used to own AVPZone.com, but I let it expire and just merged that section into my broader scifimoviezone.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not familiar with AvP Zone. *to Wayback!*

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

heh, that got me curious, I looked also at wayback. It shows archives in 2004 and 2010. I was actually the second owner of AVPZone.com, I don't know who owned it in 2004. The 2010 archive is showing my avpzone content, but embedded in my old avatarzone page which I also let expire and merged its contents into my broader scifimoviezone site....... weird.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 17, 2017, 07:38:33 PM
Quote from: Biomechanoid on Sep 16, 2017, 09:00:23 PM
I recall an interview years ago with Fox Chairman Tom Rothman declaring AVP and AVPR are canon to the Alien and Predator universe. A director may have control of a chapter, but the studio owns the universe and are suzerain above all. That said, with Rothman since heading off to Sony, I don't know if the new Fox Chairman maintains that declaration. On a more personal note, I am mainly interested in cinema canon only since I have no interest in gaming or comic books.

Had to look that one up. New word for the day.

We might have to declare Predator 2 non-canon now, though. The Aliens haven't been made yet, unfortunately.  :'(

I think this word appeared in the new Alien Covenant Ofigins book too.  Had to look it up..

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 17, 2017, 07:38:33 PM
Quote from: Biomechanoid on Sep 16, 2017, 09:00:23 PM
I recall an interview years ago with Fox Chairman Tom Rothman declaring AVP and AVPR are canon to the Alien and Predator universe. A director may have control of a chapter, but the studio owns the universe and are suzerain above all. That said, with Rothman since heading off to Sony, I don't know if the new Fox Chairman maintains that declaration. On a more personal note, I am mainly interested in cinema canon only since I have no interest in gaming or comic books.

Had to look that one up. New word for the day.

We might have to declare Predator 2 non-canon now, though. The Aliens haven't been made yet, unfortunately.  :'(
Alternately, Predator 2 could be used as evidence that David is not the original creator of the Alien. :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Could be. New generally replaces old.

I was joking with that comment, though. Missed the appropriate smiley.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

I think avp has improved with age, avpr tho.....nope!

Perfect-Organism

No, the predator just invaded a Swiss artist's home and picked up the alien skull there.  Total coincidence.  ;-). Predator 2 is canon..

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Oct 01, 2017, 10:41:12 PM
I think avp has improved with age, avpr tho.....nope!

AVP:R is a blatant exploitation film.

Bonus points:
The small town horror setting it has necessitates required viewing before watching Stranger Things and IT.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I wouldn't say that it improved with age, but i always found it entertaining though being a terrible movie. I don't know why, but it cracks me up seeing a ridiculous gore fest in a little town like that. Wolf was cool and elegant but the aliens were canon fodder for him that's obvious.

Jekku

Jekku

There are a ton of things I didn't like about this movie, but it sort of gets a good pace going towards the end after the National Guard team is eliminated.  It doesn't make the movie better, but there is just a glimpse of what the whole movie should've been like in the last 30 to 45 minutes or so of the film.

dallevalle

dallevalle

is there any blu ray or dvd where the lightning/colors are fixed ?

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Before AVPR, never would I have predicted we would someday see Xenomorph vs. homeless person living a sewer.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: dallevalle on Oct 21, 2017, 08:07:05 PMis there any blu ray or dvd where the lightning/colors are fixed ?

The only talk I've ever heard of improved colour grading was with regards to a digital version of the film. I can't remember if it was the digital copy that comes with home video or the rental version, but I vaguely recall someone mentioning that one of those had a brighter picture.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed