Siggy Weaves: "We've found the host and it's embedded...it's gestated."

Started by CainsSon, Mar 13, 2015, 01:04:20 AM

Author
Siggy Weaves: "We've found the host and it's embedded...it's gestated." (Read 1,729 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Not sure what to make of this recent vague comment Siggy Weaves offered at a CHAPPIE press junket, ***AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEO SHE IS REFFERRING TO THE FACT THAT THE FILM HAS BEEN GREENLIT AND THEY ARE MOVING FORWARD*** but it had me thinking, about what the subject of her comment could be...

This, sparked two thoughts in my mind.

A) This film could explore the source of the Alien inside of her in A3? or

B) Could the source of the aliens in the film - the host- be the Pilot in the Derelict? When they find that HOST the alien inside of it - it's already gestated. So, maybe this film will be about whatever bursted from the pilot's chest.

This is something people rarely mention but is an obvious potential source of more content.

Ultramorph

What's the full quote? My guess is that she's just referring to having found the right writer/director.

Intrepid-Traveler

Overthinking it. They are saying that the film is greenlit and in the process of being made and everything is moving forward.

The host is probably fox, gestated...greenlit?

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Intrepid-Traveler on Mar 13, 2015, 01:08:47 AM
Overthinking it. They are saying that the film is greenlit and in the process of being made and everything is moving forward.

I actually see that now that I watched the video. Still, that Pilot having been chestbursted is an overlooked source of more content.

I think the writers of the article were milking it for clicks/hits.

Here's the link:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/12/sigourney-weaver-new-alien-movie-weve-found-host-and-its-been-embedded

NetworkATTH

It's a pun, it 100% relates 0% to the scriptwriting process as it is right now

Xenomorphine

It's good to see an actor and director who clearly have good chemistry with one another, personality-wise.

CainsSon

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 13, 2015, 02:32:11 AM
It's good to see an actor and director who clearly have good chemistry with one another, personality-wise.

I think its cool to see this get off the ground the old fashioned way. Writer/Director snags Actress, woos producers.

Its so crazy that in today's cinema - where they will not produce anything that isn't already something - so many films are made off the heels of another that the most basic way to get a film made from scratch seems subversive.

Nightmare Asylum

Great discussions there, gonna have to track down the entire panel.

aliennaire

CainsSon, thanks for the link!
Nice crew with the confident director at helm  :)
As for the quote, I don't think they will give away any plot details as as it's in the works (and I really don't want them to), but that was an intricate, figurative reference to the studio, a metaphor :-)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 13, 2015, 07:59:12 AM
CainsSon, thanks for the link!
Nice crew with the confident director at helm  :)
As for the quote, I don't think they will give away any plot details as as it's in the works (and I really don't want them to), but that was an intricate, figurative reference to the studio, a metaphor :-)

Yeah - seems like nothing more than a joke, I reckon. Glad to see them all getting along though.

shakermakerman

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 13, 2015, 01:34:39 AM
Quote from: Intrepid-Traveler on Mar 13, 2015, 01:08:47 AM

I actually see that now that I watched the video. Still, that Pilot having been chestbursted is an overlooked source of more content.

I think the writers of the article were milking it for clicks/hits.

Here's the link:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/12/sigourney-weaver-new-alien-movie-weve-found-host-and-its-been-embedded
Wow How good does Weaver look?? Amazing!

Infected

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 13, 2015, 01:07:33 AM
What's the full quote? My guess is that she's just referring to having found the right writer/director.
Yeah simple as this nothing more or less

CainsSon

Quote from: Infected on Mar 13, 2015, 08:45:47 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 13, 2015, 01:07:33 AM
Yeah simple as this nothing more or less

Yeah, the headline of the article was exploiting the quote, and I hadn't watched the video - but nevertheless, the panel is a great watch. Sigourney looks good and physically I can tell she is still up for it. Throw her a personal trainer for two months and she's good to go!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed