Do you think Prometheus 2 could incorporate some ideas from Aliens: Engineers?

Started by Magegg, Mar 06, 2015, 11:12:57 PM

Author
Do you think Prometheus 2 could incorporate some ideas from Aliens: Engineers? (Read 1,258 times)

Magegg

There was quite a few things I liked from Spaihts original script, for example the explanation of how the Engineers pyramid "terraformed" planets.

There were some other intriguing things, for example different hives with different species of xenomorphs.

Do you think Scott and co. could bring back some things from the original script?

Son Of Kane

Not including the Dragon and moving farther from Alien?

I doubt it, I would like to see intelligent scientists (or general people) and thankfully there's no Lindelof.

NetworkATTH

Alien Engineers (script wise) was designed to be a shlocky tribute to Alien and Aliens, and the aesthetics and expectations. It was a bit more post-modern, I could imagine some of the scenes being pulled off with absolute sarcasm. Like, for example, Watts getting her leg impaled by the Ultramorphs tail, so she jabs an electric saw through it and manages to go away limping. It's hardly serious, it turned absolutely everything to 11.

The route they decided to go with, was a bit more somber and serious while putting the PoMo conceptual aspects in the background, as was always the case with Alien films. It decided to be Post Modern in its adaptation of old Modernist science fiction, like Forbidden Planet and It! Terror from Beyond Space, and of course Dan's original drafts of Alien. It decided to become more commentary of what it was, than tribute to all it was.

So based on the totality of how different the concept and execution of both are, despite sharing an overall story, I can't see how they could go in that direction. The two writers were going for two completely different ideas. One bathed in its own ridiculousness, the other didn't. I'd imagine, at most they can borrow some scenes, and perhaps tone them down, at most.

Magegg

Not talking about the tone or anything, simply some elements of the mythos that Spaihts attempted to introduce.

NetworkATTH

Quote from: Magegg on Mar 07, 2015, 03:20:45 AM
Not talking about the tone or anything, simply some elements of the mythos that Spaihts attempted to introduce.

A lot of the scenes, except for settings and some of the actions, really can't be separated from the tone they were initially going for is my point. It depends on which scenes. If some, they'd have to tone it down to make it consistent with what they're going for, and for others they wouldn't. I mean sure, they can. I'm just saying some of the action involved in scenes can't be separated from the two different ways they wanted to pull it off.

evolution_rex

It was apparent, to me at least, that the process of creating the script for Prometheus involved Ridley Scott being inspired by something, creating a visual image in his head, and it was up to the screenwriter to use those images he described to create a story. You could see that in this movie and you could see that is early as Blade Runner in his films. And I think he's the kind of guy that will reuse and recycle old ideas he or other people had. For example, the Trilobite resembles what Dan O'Bannon (Or maybe it was Rob Cobb, can't remember) wanted the facehugger to look like. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if anything in the earlier scripts is used from the sequels as well as unused concepts from the first two Alien films.

The Cruentus

They could well use some ideas from the script, so long as it doesn't change the characters' personality because they were quite different in the Engineer script, especially David.

But I think Ridley is going to take it even further from the Alien series, shame, he could use the sequel to wrap things up.

Magegg

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 07, 2015, 03:30:34 AM
Quote from: Magegg on Mar 07, 2015, 03:20:45 AM

A lot of the scenes, except for settings and some of the actions, really can't be separated from the tone they were initially going for is my point. It depends on which scenes. If some, they'd have to tone it down to make it consistent with what they're going for, and for others they wouldn't. I mean sure, they can. I'm just saying some of the action involved in scenes can't be separated from the two different ways they wanted to pull it off.
I think the terraforming aspect of the Engineers could really be compatible with the ideas for Prometheus 2... At least explains how the Engineers plant life...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Something about their technology should be interesting, but I guess they can explore the motivations that Engineers have to do what they do. Maybe something about their society, politics, religion, philosophy, culture, etc.

And to the question of the thread, who knows, since Ridley Scott just do that with Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed