So here's how I think Blomkamp's "A L I E N S: Revelations" goes down....

Started by LiquidMonster, Mar 06, 2015, 05:58:36 PM

Author
So here's how I think Blomkamp's "A L I E N S: Revelations" goes down.... (Read 13,339 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: pred169 on Jul 17, 2015, 09:20:29 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 17, 2015, 09:10:26 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 17, 2015, 08:38:27 PM
I really hate the "Bishop and the egg" idea, because it completely goes against his entire arc in the film.

In ALIENS, yes. But in a sequel it totally works, especially if Bishop is completely unaware of when it happens to him and has no remembrance or recollection of what is going on when he is being hijacked/controlled by the company, i.e. "while under the influence". In that way Bishop is still your good ol' trusty toaster, a loyal robotic servant with character and personality, but at the same time we'll be reminded that he is not human and in fact not even a living organism but a machine manufactured, programmed and owned by humans, humans with agendas and special interests.

I could even see a scene with Bishop telling Ripley not to trust him, or ask her to terminate him after they all realize that he is being used by the company without his knowledge.
I don't know if "hijacking" and him not knowing it would work. When his cpu kicks back in he would realize that time had passed and he didn't remember it. He would then run diagnostics and see that his programming had been altered or accessed remotely. He would also try to determine who accessed his cpu and probably attempt to setup firewalls to avoid the problem again.
  And seeing that he is frequently used in a military capacity I feel like he would notify his superiors of the security breach. If there was no superior available to notify he would probably shut down his cpu or data uplink to prevent future breaches until a fix could be implimented.

If he is a standard issue android maybe, but let's say he isn't? What if they fiddled around real good with him? I know it is a stretch and might feel a little cliche for some, but personally I always thought that the company - or more like Burke - had more in store than what we saw in ALIENS. It seems like the company and USCM worked pretty closely and it would be easy for Burke to bribe his way through.

I don't know. The idea of Bishop being an unwilling and unaware "double-agent" just intrigues me. It's been in the back of my mind when watching the movies the last 10+ years or so.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 17, 2015, 07:28:08 AM
Ripley's in the middle of a fight. That's a dangerous place to be.

As for the Newt thing...if you can somehow explain it away until Ripley opens the airlock and the Hugger needs to get the hell out of dodge then it'll be fine. Which'll be a bit flimsy but you could do it.

The situation in med-lab was also chaotic and the things were literally being shot at, but they didn't care. :)

Viable hosts = fun times!

If a facehugger was there, then it should have attacked. Ripley or Newt (especially before the powerloader even showed up) would have both been very easy targets.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 18, 2015, 12:35:57 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 17, 2015, 07:28:08 AM
Ripley's in the middle of a fight. That's a dangerous place to be.

As for the Newt thing...if you can somehow explain it away until Ripley opens the airlock and the Hugger needs to get the hell out of dodge then it'll be fine. Which'll be a bit flimsy but you could do it.

The situation in med-lab was also chaotic and the things were literally being shot at, but they didn't care. :)

Viable hosts = fun times!

If a facehugger was there, then it should have attacked. Ripley or Newt (especially before the powerloader even showed up) would have both been very easy targets.

...Unless Bishop stored it elsewhere and then repositioned it during cryo sleep. But since he was cut in half he wasn't able to do it properly *nod to my Bishop conspiracy theory in my previous post*   8)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 18, 2015, 12:35:57 AM

Nah. The marines didn't show up shooting until after they'd both already committed to their targets. It wasn't chaos when the huggers attacked.

Besides theQueen could have easily directed any hugger away from danger.

Xenomorphine

The Queen would have seen them as better weapons than just lumbering around (and potential weapons are how she perceives them, judging by the way she gloated while an egg opened to out-flank Ripley/Newt). Especially when she was preoccupied with the powerloader. :) They would have found Newt faster and got on with face-latching while Ripley was stomping.

Facehuggers aren't delicate, they're resilient and tenacious things. The only time they're vulnerable is when they're in the eggs. When they're clutched onto someone, that is their defence - nobody dares to harm it.

So, in my mind, there was every reason one should have been running around after Newt/Ripley, if it had been carried up there outside of an egg.

Corporal Hicks

Depends on how it was thinking. Granted I'm giving the Aliens some degree of intelligence here but I do believe they are truly intelligent.  I'd think the Queen would care more about it's species surviving at this point than anything else. It's already seen what Ripley will do.

If the Queen failed and the face-hugger had latched onto someone she would expect Ripley to do anything to get the hugger off, meaning no survival. And even if you expected the hugger to survive, you could guarantee the chest-burster wouldn't.

Her best bet would be to defeat Ripley, keeping the hugger back to ensure it's survival and the survival of the race.

HuDaFuK

Either way, the idea of a Facehugger running off and hiding instead of attacking immediately is infinitely less of a stretch than an egg somehow getting into the bowels of the ship.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 20, 2015, 08:29:55 AM
Either way, the idea of a Facehugger running off and hiding instead of attacking immediately is infinitely less of a stretch than an egg somehow getting into the bowels of the ship.

Thats what i thought too :) especially if its a Super FaceHugger with the ability to seed twice

LiquidMonster

With the recent concept art of an older Newt being released by Neil, I think my story idea may be
pretty close to what he's planning on doing.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed