Blomkamp chats to IGN about his new Alien film

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Mar 04, 2015, 11:42:13 AM

Author
Blomkamp chats to IGN about his new Alien film (Read 28,891 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I think we can all agree though that critics were right about the AVP films :P

Son Of Kane

Undoubtedly

TimmyTurnersDad

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 06, 2015, 06:07:12 PM
Absolutely true, Ebert also didn't give Brazil a glowing review either but now it's a cult classic.

Which is a shame, I think, since Ebert was spot-on with that call. My favorite Terry Gilliam film is 12 Monkeys, but the whole debate on that and the problems of Brazil is a whole other topic entirely. :)

That said, I do agree that the critics can be wrong about films. It's not uncommon among now-classic films to find that they received negative reviews at the time of their release. However I can't really think of (m)any films that have had that happen since the rise of the Internet. Can anyone provide more recent examples of this happening?

NetworkATTH

I fail to want to live in a world where critics give generally positive reviews over Thor Iron Man hype bait sequel train: sponsored by Mountain Dew: Doritos Burst 3 but don't give the same kind of opinions of Chappie. I mean the film definitely has downright flaws, but how the hell is it getting more negative reviews than say, a series of movies that suck ass.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 07, 2015, 02:49:04 AM
I fail to want to live in a world where critics give generally positive reviews over Thor Iron Man hype bait sequel train: sponsored by Mountain Dew: Doritos Burst 3 but don't give the same kind of opinions of Chappie. I mean the film definitely has downright flaws, but how the hell is it getting more negative reviews than say, a series of movies that suck ass.

Those films don't suck, it's just like a James Bond film- they're now familiar, comfortable and generally well made territory.
You'd struggle to find an original one among them, GoTG being the exception.

Chappie is original, it has a tougher job garnering appeal.

The Cruentus

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 07, 2015, 02:49:04 AM

I think these days critics can be too biased for their own good, look at IGN, the review that one guy gave Isolation was not only wrong but controversial because we all knew it was based on bias and frustration(of course hard mode is going to be hard  :P) Isolation turned out to be one of the best games around and reviewed as such, its also arguably the best Alien game since AVP2 by monolith.

Son Of Kane

IGN is a shithole of media and unfortunately it's popular due to the fact it used to be good in the days of Nintendo Power.

There's a saying, you can't spell IGNorant without IGN.

The Cruentus

I like that saying  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed