James Cameron's thoughts on Blomkamp's Alien 5

Started by Perfect-Organism, Mar 03, 2015, 07:37:55 PM

Author
James Cameron's thoughts on Blomkamp's Alien 5 (Read 1,866 times)

TimmyTurnersDad

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 04, 2015, 02:42:27 PM
What Doctor Wunderbar said. I think Fincher is so over this franchise, which is totally understandable. I mean, I feel so over it too sometimes and I'm just an ordinary geek. Fincher on the other hand was tortured from day one. On a good note it must have toughened him up.

I'd be inclined to go a step further than it toughening Fincher up; I think his terrible experiences from making Alien 3 are quite likely a very big reason why he would go on to be such a consistently great director. In a way, I think it really drives him. :) But that's just my thoughts.

Jarac

I'd imagine Cameron is quite happy to see that Blomkamp wants to continue after Aliens. I hope Blomkamp takes it upon himself to pick the brains of both Scott and Cameron for the new film. It's always been my dream to see an Alien movie that had the tension and terror of the first, with the action and fun of the second. It's possible to do, just need the right mindset, writer and director.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed