Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails"

Started by Tough little S.O.B., Mar 02, 2015, 05:41:34 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails" (Read 80,226 times)

Xenomorphine

That's not anything radically inventive. Prisoners in desolate wastelands is a story element which has been around long before science-fiction. Would expect it probably features in a lot of sci-fi (both early and later) in general, too.

However, didn't the characters in the film volunteer to stay behind, years bfore Ripley arrived? Hence, why everything was in disrepair and hardly any wardens existed?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 24, 2015, 10:24:01 AMThat's not anything radically inventive. Prisoners in desolate wastelands is a story element which has been around long before science-fiction. Would expect it probably features in a lot of sci-fi (both early and later) in general, too.

If you look at it like that, the battered frontiersmen (colonists) and hardened grunts (Marines) that the previous film brought to the series weren't at all inventive either. My point was, it was an added element to the universe of the franchise, and one I found quite interesting.

T Dog

The main idea added in A3 was that the Alien takes on the form of it's host. I.E the Dog/Ox Alien.
And then they never used that idea again.

Alien³

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 24, 2015, 10:33:31 AM

Its used a lot throughout the expanded universe and features in AVP:R.

T Dog

Not in the movies though.

Alien³

Alien³

Alien³

It features a Predalien.

Avoid the film, unless you have company and a truckload of intoxicating substances.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 24, 2015, 10:55:33 AMAvoid the film, unless you have company and a truckload of intoxicating substances.

Still didn't help for me :)

T Dog

To be honest I think me and some friends might have skimmed through it one night because it was so awful.

Forgot about the PredAlien.
But I meant the Alien being combined with other earth animals really.

Alien³

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 24, 2015, 11:11:14 AM
But I meant the Alien being combined with other earth animals really.

That is true, they have not done that in another movie since 3.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 24, 2015, 10:27:01 AM
If you look at it like that, the battered frontiersmen (colonists) and hardened grunts (Marines) that the previous film brought to the series weren't at all inventive either.

Indeed - and were never intended to be perceived as such. Cameron was never shy about it effectively being a Vietnam analogy in space. It was just done very well, that's all.

QuoteMy point was, it was an added element to the universe of the franchise, and one I found quite interesting.

Well, technically, you could say 'Aliens' introduced the concept of the existence of prisoners, even if it was just going by hints of the Marines' back-stories. :)

The actual prison scenario would have been more interesting if it had been an operational facility, in my view.

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 24, 2015, 10:33:31 AM
The main idea added in A3 was that the Alien takes on the form of it's host. I.E the Dog/Ox Alien.

Fully agreed. Always thought that they should have done so. Even then, the concept didn't really add much, sadly, because the differences were fairly minimal.

predxeno

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 24, 2015, 10:55:33 AM
It features a Predalien.

Avoid the film, unless you have company and a truckload of intoxicating substances.

OMG!!  That's such a cool pic!!! :o  Sometimes it amazes me that I'm the only one here who likes AVPR, I'm sure it surprises you guys too but I imagine for completely different reasons. :P

Magegg

I kind of like AVPR...

DoomRulz

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 25, 2015, 04:47:29 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 24, 2015, 10:55:33 AM
It features a Predalien.

OMG!!  That's such a cool pic!!! :o  Sometimes it amazes me that I'm the only one here who likes AVPR, I'm sure it surprises you guys too but I imagine for completely different reasons. :P

No, I like it as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed