after Requiem why would anyone want another AVP?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 01, 2015, 02:50:50 AM

Author
after Requiem why would anyone want another AVP? (Read 27,451 times)

Infected

Infected

Two franchises, you need someone with a view on it and some passion.

Go ask Ridley and Mctiernan or Cameron to start writing some sketches, and then look at both of the sketches and pick out the best and then let them do a write off against each other, Ridleys monsters vs the Predators from Mctiernan or in this case Cameron or someone else.

Kaltes

Sadly both Ridley and Cameron hate the idea of a crossover. The movies didn't help much, I'm sure.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Infected on Jan 01, 2017, 12:39:11 PM

Go ask Ridley and Mctiernan or Cameron to start writing some sketches, and then look at both of the sketches and pick out the best and then let them do a write off against each other, Ridleys monsters vs the Predators from Mctiernan or in this case Cameron or someone else.

*cough cough*

JokersWarPig

I'd watch a Cameron directed AVP.

Samhain13

Quote from: Kaltes on Jan 05, 2017, 06:48:27 PM
Sadly both Ridley and Cameron hate the idea of a crossover. The movies didn't help much, I'm sure.
Yeah, if at least Fox had worked hard to make good movies maybe they would want to be a part of it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 05, 2017, 07:03:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKnS7CGWNmU

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/22405

QuoteQUINT: I remember before Paul W.S. Anderson did ALIEN VS PREDATOR it came out that you kind of made an offer to do another ALIEN film with Ridley Scott...
JAMES CAMERON: Yeah. Ridley and I talked about doing another ALIEN film and I said to 20th Century Fox that I would develop a 5th ALIEN film. I started working on a story, I was working with another writer and Fox came back to me and said, "We've got this really good script for ALIEN VS PREDATOR and I got pretty upset. I said, "You do that you're going to kill the validity of the franchise in my mind." Because to me, that was FRANKENSTEIN MEETS WEREWOLF. It was Universal just taking their assets and starting to play them off against each other.

QUINT: Milking it, totally.
JAMES CAMERON: Milking it. So, I stopped work. Then I saw ALIEN VS PREDATOR and it was actually pretty good. (laughs) I think of the 5 ALIEN films, I'd rate it 3rd.

QUINT: Ummm...
JAMES CAMERON: I actually liked it. I actually liked it a lot.

BishopShouldGo

It's a concept that deserves proper adapting. I think Roland Emmerich could've made a fun AvP had he accepted Fox's offer in the '90s.

RakaiThwei

James Cameron liking AVP gets me laughing, in a good way.

Though hasn't his opinion on the movie changed back and forth often anyway?

Russ840

I really want there to be a new movie that is a reboot of AVP. It's own thing.

I am convinced there is a good movie to be made. I am also hopeful. If A: Covanent and The Predator perform well, I think it is a possibility. Studios seem to be following marvel with making a cohesive universe.  We have the King and Godzilla universe. DC's universe. Universal Monsters universe.

I would not suggest diluting as much as those as I think the less the better with Alien and Predator but one great movie featuring the crossover and I'll be over the moon.

I would be happy if Blomkamp sacked of A5 and was asked to make AVP. He could even transfer some of his concepts. Do away with Ripley and Hicks. Have Way Yu in possession of the derelict. Intergrat the Predator. I would enjoy having the predator be a adaptation of Ahab from fire and stone and him searching for clues as to the whereabouts of his 'White Whale' an engineer. He turns up at the Way Yu complex to break in, stealthy of course, to get access to the derelict. While he is there shit hits the fan. There are aliens and what have you. Could end with him setting off his bomb and He could be the reason that the is no Derelict anymore. I would set it 20 or so years after Alien 3. As he has destroyed all evidence. There is no record of a predator and also is the final word on why, come Resurrection, the USM  can't do anything but clone Ripley to get access to the Xenomorph. I know that the Harley's hope explosion is assumed to have destroyed the Derelict but I don't buy into that. I reckon it was well over 30km away which was the blast radius, in think.   

That was a more involved post than I set out for it to be. Lol

echobbase79

If they make another they need to use some of the Fire and Stone arc as a kickoff to the story. I like a lot of the elements in there. 

Infected

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 05, 2017, 07:03:44 PM
Quote from: Infected on Jan 01, 2017, 12:39:11 PM

*cough cough*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TQLRMIGA2I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKnS7CGWNmU
But but but....Avatar........

Nyarlathotep

No, not now or ever.

StrangeShape

Well Ridley admittedly to this day still havent actually seen AVP

echobbase79

That's probably a good thing. Sadly, it would just prove what he's been saying all along.

StrangeShape

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 20, 2017, 03:46:25 AM

That's probably a good thing. Sadly, it would just prove what he's been saying all along.

Im sure he would hate it but it wouldve been nice to see it first instead of just towing the party line on its hate

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed