after Requiem why would anyone want another AVP?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 01, 2015, 02:50:50 AM

Author
after Requiem why would anyone want another AVP? (Read 27,493 times)

razeak

1 Alien
1 Predator

Forget the previous lore and make something fresh.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: razeak on Mar 03, 2015, 02:41:44 AM
1 Alien
1 Predator

Forget the previous lore and make something fresh.

And the predator is only armed with wrist blades and a spear.

happypred

Quote from: Kelgaard on Mar 01, 2015, 08:17:20 AMEver ordered a steak and found that it wasn't cooked to your liking?  Dry, tough, burnt maybe?  Did it put you off steak forever, or did you send it back and order another one done right?

Exactly...a poorly prepared steak makes me want a well prepared steak even more

I know the AvP concept has great potential far above AvP 2004 and AvP-R. It's not even questionable. The concept works. It's up to the execution.

MCP

Alien Vs Predator will never be anything more than a b movie franchise.  But we still have the games, comic books, novels, etc.  Frankly you're never going to see one in space because sci-fi action/horror in space rarely makes money.  The last decent one was Starship Troopers as I recall and that was nearly 20 years ago.

But AVP belongs in the same category movie-wise as Leprechaun in Space or Jason X.

evolution_rex

The Alien and Predator franchises have always felt fused together to me because of the EU, so it's sort of sad to think that there will never be films that combine them canons again. It's hard to think of them as separate entities after all these years. I'm hoping that somewhere down the line they do it again.

I think that a TV show would be a better and safer way for someone to continue AVP, preferably animated.

OpenMaw

Quote from: MCP on Mar 04, 2015, 02:41:19 AM
Alien Vs Predator will never be anything more than a b movie franchise.  But we still have the games, comic books, novels, etc.  Frankly you're never going to see one in space because sci-fi action/horror in space rarely makes money.  The last decent one was Starship Troopers as I recall and that was nearly 20 years ago.

But AVP belongs in the same category movie-wise as Leprechaun in Space or Jason X.

There have been quite a few "in space" action/horror movies that were successful since Starship troopers. Pitch Black, Sunshine, Moon, Europa Report, Predators, Lockout. To name a few.

I've sometimes thought AVP would have been far more fun and done better if it had followed in the footsteps of Freddy vs Jason, which combined those two characters about as well as could be expected. It didn't load down the front with too much plotting or character development, kept the run time shorter, and was fun. It's far more rewatchable as a result.

Hell, I even think you could do the Earth setting (depending on where you put it) as long as everything was kept in proper balance(It should keep things moving, and always seek to entertain, and not be bogged down with any kind of pretentious plotting) and the human characters were interesting.

happypred

Quote from: MCP on Mar 04, 2015, 02:41:19 AM

LOL no...the concept is not silly or cheap or laughable. It works fine. It has the potential to be stylishly and intelligently executed.

Think about what you're saying. Alien could've been an extremely cheesy B-movie. It wasn't because of how it was executed.  . AvP and AvP-R are B-movies. That doesn't mean a good AvP "A-movie" can't be made.

Right now, the biggest obstacle to a good AvP movie is the franchise's ruined reputation. I think it's hard for the AvP franchise to attract A-level talent because of how the well has been tainted by two poorly received movies.

oduodu

oduodu

retcon or restart the original avp. i actually love avp. its just so damn predictable.  i dont think its a bad movie and sorta agrees with cameron that its the 3rd best. riddick should be in the avp retcon.

yay.........

ok ok ............

just sayin

Randomizer

Why are people gambling? Because they hope they'll hit the jackpot in the end.

That's what happens here too. Maybe we'll hit the jackpot one day and get a good movie with Vin Diesel (that's actually a pretty idea).

Scree

Quote from: Chronicle on Mar 01, 2015, 02:50:50 AM
Just curious

"But this isn't for our world, is it miss Yutani?"

We want AVP III because we want to know what Yutani will make with Wolf's plasma gun? How it will bring forward human technology. How do you think humans were able to make spaceships like the Prometheus or the Nostromo? Because of Wolf's gun and it's technological awesomeness. Which also means that AVP III is gonna be in the freaking future and in freaking space this time.

Wow, kids today really don't pay any attention when they're watching a movie anymore.

Son Of Kane

Lol, those films are both garbage and might as well not exist.

JokersWarPig

Another one I would be all over, providing its set in the future like the games and features the USMC or a similar military unit.
Using civilians in the first two and setting them on earth and in the present were the two biggest mistakes the films made.

DUB1

After "License to kill", why would anyone want another Bond movie?

26 years later, the 24th James Bond movie is on it's way.

If that wasn't clear enough: Just because a concept is badly handled once, doesn't mean it will never be properly executed in a thousand years.

OpenMaw

Did you just say License to Kill was bad?

Oh, man... Man... I can't even look at you right now.  :laugh:

ETHERNITY

ETHERNITY

Because I have faith that someone will redeem the franchise one day!

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 17, 2015, 07:03:49 PM
Another one I would be all over, providing its set in the future like the games and features the USMC or a similar military unit.
Using civilians in the first two and setting them on earth and in the present were the two biggest mistakes the films made.

well atleast they gave it a shot! AVP wasn't that bad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed