Michael Biehn *could* be in Alien 5

Started by Vrastal, Mar 01, 2015, 01:16:31 AM

Author
Michael Biehn *could* be in Alien 5 (Read 44,202 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 02, 2015, 01:42:55 PMThe Hicks dominated Alien 3, the second draft anyway, did carry the character forward. Not a lot, but there was something there, and it ended with the possibility of more in the future.

Not really. Hicks in those scripts came across as pretty bland and generic.

Reiko

Reiko

And, to be fair, Michael was quite alright in Planet Terror.

Anonymous

Anonymous

YEEESSSS!!!111!!!11!ONE!!

Mike deserves this role. I'm so happy for him!  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 02, 2015, 01:18:49 PM
Dark Horse did pretty well with their alcoholic, embittered version of Hicks. Let's not be unimaginative; you could have done a lot with the character if you wanted to. Look at what they did with the Ripley character between the first and second films.

I loved that. It's the kind of thing I would like to see them do with him. It'd still carry somewhat of the hopeless tone of Alien 3 with that aspect. In that he descends into substance abuse to deal with his issues.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 02, 2015, 03:15:49 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 02, 2015, 01:18:49 PM
Dark Horse did pretty well with their alcoholic, embittered version of Hicks. Let's not be unimaginative; you could have done a lot with the character if you wanted to. Look at what they did with the Ripley character between the first and second films.

I loved that. It's the kind of thing I would like to see them do with him. It'd still carry somewhat of the hopeless tone of Alien 3 with that aspect. In that he descends into substance abuse to deal with his issues.

Agreed.  It's a way to really naturally grow the character which.  Killing Hicks off in the opening credits was just cheap.  The fact that the actor Michael Biehn has also had some personal trials and tribulations would make the story that much more authentic.  Do I sense you're coming around to the ideas that have been thus far presented about Alien 5?  You have to admit, it's an exciting time...

Corporal Hicks

I hate all options provided to me so far to make Alienkamp work but I'll try not to let that effect my joy too much - unless it is all a dream and it actually has some narrative bearing on the film in which case I will be disappointed beyond belief.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: MCP on Mar 02, 2015, 04:44:38 AM
I never understood the reverence people have for Michael Biehn.  In Aliens, he really doesn't do much.  After he gets injured by acid, he's out for the count for the rest of the movie.

Everybody loves the reluctant hero.

And Hicks had to get wiped out by that acid in Aliens. Imagine Ripley and Hicks storming the hive together - now that would have been a weak-ass ending.

I do agree that Dillon and Clemens are deeper, more intriguing characters though.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It's kind of a trope in all the Alien films. Alpha-male leader/hero type™ gets taken out midway so that Ripley can take charge.

Dallas
Hicks
Clemens
Elgyn

TimmyTurnersDad

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 02, 2015, 06:06:00 PM
It's kind of a trope in all the Alien films. Alpha-male leader/hero type™ gets taken out midway so that Ripley can take charge.

Dallas
Hicks
Clemens
Elgyn

Very true. Hell, that trope even kinda carries over into Prometheus too, with the deaths of Halloway and Janek.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Contact James Horner for the score and I'll be a happy man. Assholes and elbows woo!!

Mr. Clemens

Ha... I heard a gag somewhere recently (though I don't remember where) about a horror movie standard of 'The White Girl Survives'. Pretty apt, when you think about it.

Maybe both Ripley and Shaw, in the first ten minutes of their respective films, should get wiped out by a safety support or a really hot cup of McDonald's coffee... that'd throw us for a loop!  :D

MCP

MCP

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 02, 2015, 06:06:00 PM

Dallas
Hicks
Clemens
Elgyn

Nah, that was more Dillon's role in Alien 3.  He was with Ripley right until the end, where he made a noble sacrifice to trap the alien in the pit.

Salt The Fries

I don't think Biehn has anything left in him, personally, Bill Paxton (whether you liked Hudson as a role or not) has shown a lot more skill throughout his career. To be honest, Biehn only shone in Cameron's films. I would LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG, THOUGH!

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 03, 2015, 12:19:15 AM
I don't think Biehn has anything left in him, personally, Bill Paxton (whether you liked Hudson as a role or not) has shown a lot more skill throughout his career. To be honest, Biehn only shone in Cameron's films. I would LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG, THOUGH!

That's largely down to the director and the editor, though. Look at Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler!

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Sagit on Mar 02, 2015, 10:49:40 AM
I just want to know one thing... where they are? No but seriously why do movie makers have to complicate almost every franchise? Previous four Alien movies told us pretty good and actualy solid story (Resurrection was weak I know). Why there has to be a spin-off, prequel to the prequel, alternate story/endings? Is it so hard to come up with new good plot for ALien 5. If director of ALien 5 is out of ideas he should just ask people on this forum. He will be given an inifinite amount of material to work on for next 10 years without making an alternate version of story we all love and bringing our beloved heroes from their retirement.
Just give us new characters and new story and make it into solid Alien movie without alle this alternate BS. I don;t mind a little Ripley cameo but leave the Hicks alone. He is dead (A:CM plot was so weak that nobody should consider it canon), deal with it.
Just some thoughts...
Again with this. This wasn't a guy on Fox's timetable trying to churn out a story. He chose to work with the characters he loved. He actually gave himself a harder time by doing this. He has to do justice to these sci fi legends and find ways of progressing their stories in smart and compelling ways.

But I'm sure he's also creating new characters. Probably characters that could carry the torch later on. So he has double the challenge really. I'm sure he can create new characters to service his story but his heart was set on that Ripley/Hicks/Newt story that somehow ended abruptly in the beginning of part 3.

I'm really hoping he signs on. I think he's probably inclined to do it. Just hope shit doesn't happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed