What are your realistic choices for director of an AvP3?

Started by marrerom, Feb 23, 2015, 04:01:17 AM

Author
What are your realistic choices for director of an AvP3? (Read 15,575 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2015, 08:41:16 AM
Completely new storyline is the way forward. No acknowledging the first two.

As long as it doesn't acknowledge PREDATORS or Prometheus.. I could be down with that.

AVP should be a parallel but separate thing.

Russ

Quote from: MCP on Feb 25, 2015, 08:05:38 AM
"Realistic"?

Uwe Boll.  :D

You know, Boll gets a kicking for his video game movies, but he is a man with a plan. His later releases (Darfur, Assault on Wall Street, Auswitzch et al) are the kind of films he actually wants to make and they have had some (believe it or not) critical acclaim.

He's a top bloke as well and says it like it is, which is refreshing from a film-maker.

I like many of his films, but I'd have to say I don't think he's he right guy for an AvP movie - it's not a subject he'd care deeply about. This isn't to say that he doesn't give a shit about his video game adaptations - he does - but they wouldn't be "personal" films for him, and I think for  beloved (and it is beloved) franchise like Aliens and/or Predator, you have to have some one who'd be very excited to do it (Look at PWSA - the guy had heart and really wanted to make the movie - a shame that for reasons outside his control it wasn't the movie he really wanted to make. Say what you want about the final product, but I'd defy anyone to say that it was "just a new conservatory" for Anderson).

Boll makes entertaining films for no money at all - and for no money he then makes money. I really admire him because he was a business man that really wanted to be a movie maker: he set out to do it and he did it.

Also, he beats the shit out of film critics in a boxing ring, which I think should happen more often. Check out "Raging Boll."

OpenMaw

Quote from: Russ on Feb 25, 2015, 10:16:10 AM
He's a top bloke as well and says it like it is, which is refreshing from a film-maker.

He's a lying, thieving, asshole. The only reason he got to make his so called "dream" projects is because he cheated the system and made horribly low budget trash to begin with.

Also, he beats the shit out of film critics in a boxing ring, which I think should happen more often. Check out "Raging Boll."

No, it really shouldn't. Having an opinion does not qualify you for an ass beating.

Russ

Explain how he's a liar and a thief? By using German tax law? I I'm not sure I understand - genuinely.

As for the Raging Boll - that was huge fun, which the critics got into the ... err.. swing of. They didn't have to get into the ring, so it was all done in good fun.

Morgoth

I think Guillermo Del Toro would be a very interesting choice.

Son Of Kane

Del Toro or my personal pick would be Bryan Singer.

MCP

Quote from: MCP on Feb 25, 2015, 08:05:38 AM
"Realistic"?

Uwe Boll.  :D

You know, Boll gets a kicking for his video game movies, but he is a man with a plan. His later releases (Darfur, Assault on Wall Street, Auswitzch et al) are the kind of films he actually wants to make and they have had some (believe it or not) critical acclaim.

I like many of his films, but I'd have to say I don't think he's he right guy for an AvP movie - it's not a subject he'd care deeply about. This isn't to say that he doesn't give a shit about his video game adaptations - he does - but they wouldn't be "personal" films for him, and I think for  beloved (and it is beloved) franchise like Aliens and/or Predator, you have to have some one who'd be very excited to do it (Look at PWSA - the guy had heart and really wanted to make the movie - a shame that for reasons outside his control it wasn't the movie he really wanted to make. Say what you want about the final product, but I'd defy anyone to say that it was "just a new conservatory" for Anderson).

Boll makes entertaining films for no money at all - and for no money he then makes money. I really admire him because he was a business man that really wanted to be a movie maker: he set out to do it and he did it.

I saw Assault on Wall Street, Rampage and Auschwitz.  Not impressed at all.  Seems the guy is just trying to shock and feed us his political agenda.   

Russ

Quote from: MCP on Mar 04, 2015, 02:36:16 AM
I saw Assault on Wall Street, Rampage and Auschwitz.  Not impressed at all.  Seems the guy is just trying to shock and feed us his political agenda.   

To be fair, entertainers have been doing that since classical Greece.

MCP

Quote from: Russ on Mar 04, 2015, 09:52:14 AM
Quote from: MCP on Mar 04, 2015, 02:36:16 AM

To be fair, entertainers have been doing that since classical Greece.

Yeah, but he does it poorly.

Russ

Quote from: MCP on Mar 04, 2015, 12:24:14 PM

Yeah, but he does it poorly.

That's what I love about Boll. He doesn't give a shit what his detractors think and better - he doesn't even pretend that he gives a shit. In fact he openly derides them. I'm paraphrasing, but I recall an interview where he was asked how he copes with the massive negativity he receives and his answer was that he couldn't care less what some fat teenager in Minnesota thinks of him: as long as that fat teenager continues to buy or rent his products, he's a happy man. Happier than said teenager who only wishes he was making movies (something like anyway).

He's about as subtle as a brick and yes, his films are of... varying... quality. I really love the BloodRayne ones and the House of the Dead ones , though.

As I say above, I really do admire someone who decides "Screw it, I want to make movies" and sets out with a plan and achieves it. I honestly wish I'd had his foresight when I was younger, but I didn't and now I'm just a fat middle-aged guy in South West London wishing I was making movies (albeit, not a fat middle-aged guy who slags off Uwe Boll).

Son Of Kane

Detractors?

Ewe is just shit.

Russ

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 04, 2015, 03:18:10 PM
Detractors?

Ewe is just shit.

How do you know?

Son Of Kane

Well, not technically true.

All of his films are reprehensible garbage.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 04, 2015, 04:46:53 PM
All of his films are reprehensible garbage.

Yeah.

Russ

If either have you have consumed his product, it means he gets to make more, so he's a happy man. Unless you're downloading them illegally, of course, which I really am against.

Anyway - I don't think Boll would be a good choice to direct AvP3. Neil Marshall for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed