Which upcoming Alien sequel would you rather see?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Feb 20, 2015, 03:46:48 PM

If you could only choose one what would it be?

Alien 5- Taking place in the Alien universe with the other 4 films
25 (53.2%)
Prometheus 2
2 (4.3%)
Alien 5- taking place right after Prometheus 2
4 (8.5%)
Alien 5 retconned after Aliens
16 (34%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author
Which upcoming Alien sequel would you rather see? (Read 6,828 times)

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Marty1987 on Feb 20, 2015, 10:06:49 PM
Does anybody know of any movies that went a different direction with a retcon and turned out really good?

from the little i know - i dont thinks so

does x men count ??.

was star trek retconned ??

HuDaFuK

Quote from: oduodu on Feb 25, 2015, 09:22:52 AMdoes x men count ??

I saw the latest one of those just recently.

I honestly couldn't believe they didn't even attempt to explain how Patrick Stewart was still alive. It's like they were saying, "F*ck it, the audience is too dumb to ask questions."

Quote from: oduodu on Feb 25, 2015, 09:22:52 AMwas star trek retconned ??

Sort of... it was kind of a rebootquel. But then time travel is a well-established trope in that franchise. I don't want it in Alien.

oduodu

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 25, 2015, 09:26:00 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Feb 25, 2015, 09:22:52 AMdoes x men count ??

I saw the latest one of those just recently.

I honestly couldn't believe they didn't even attempt to explain how Patrick Stewart was still alive. It's like they were saying, "F*ck it, the audience is too dumb to ask questions."

why does fans of x men fans never complain about this ?? the whole canon thing ?? oh shit i am a fan. cant explain it.

Quote from: oduodu on Feb 25, 2015, 09:22:52 AMwas star trek retconned ??

Sort of... it was kind of a rebootquel. But then time travel is a well-established trope in that franchise. I don't want it in Alien.

well i love both of those franchises and those things never seem to get discussed.

agree on the time travel thing it just messes everything up.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 25, 2015, 09:07:18 AM
Quote from: Marty1987 on Feb 20, 2015, 10:06:49 PMDoes anybody know of any movies that went a different direction with a retcon and turned out really good?

I was wondering about this myself.

How did Superman Returns go down? I'm not really a fan so I never saw it.
Yea it went swell. They made Superman into a douche. Well even worse, they made him a deadbeat dad and gave him a mutant special needs son.

Oh wait you meant the retcon, yea no one notice and frankly I think it was welcomed. But Alien3 and AR are not Superman 3 and 4. Those movies didn't even fit into the series as it were.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: oduodu on Feb 25, 2015, 09:22:52 AM
Quote from: Marty1987 on Feb 20, 2015, 10:06:49 PM
Does anybody know of any movies that went a different direction with a retcon and turned out really good?

from the little i know - i dont thinks so

does x men count ??.

was star trek retconned ??

Thing is they all work within their franchise.

OpenMaw

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 25, 2015, 09:51:56 AM
Yea it went swell. They made Superman into a douche. Well even worse, they made him a deadbeat dad and gave him a mutant special needs son.

None of which are things that are tied to the idea of a retcon itself.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 25, 2015, 09:53:53 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 25, 2015, 09:51:56 AM

None of which are things that are tied to the idea of a retcon itself.
Yep, my bad. Thought he was asking why it sucked. However both superman 3 and 4, aside from numbering them didn't really have anything to do with each other. To me they were just stand alones and really bad movies at that. I remember no one cared. However both Alien 3 and A|R were made to follow the previous movies and the 3rd movie isn't bad. That's why I have no problem with the returns retcon but don't like the idea of an alien retcon. However superman returns kind of stunk, imo. Shit if they do retcon alien3 and A|R he had better make sure not to f**k it up.

oduodu

corporal hicks

i guess the burning question is then:

why does a3 and a4 not work well in the alien franchise ?

apologies: i assume thats what you meant !!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: oduodu on Feb 25, 2015, 10:01:17 AM
corporal hicks

i guess the burning question is then:

why does a3 and a4 not work well in the alien franchise ?

apologies: i assume thats what you meant !!

I mean the retcons work. Both properties play with timeline and multiple realities. What I mean is that wouldn't really feel right with the Aliens series.

whiterabbit

How do people feel about the Terminator retcon? I mean, to me, it's basically shitting on the original 2 movies. However I don't see all that much anger over it. Is that because it is a time travel series?

Corporal Hicks

Again, it all works within series. Technically every single film should be an alternate reality but with all the pre-destination style stuff in there as well it's just convoluted. Whether or not its any good... :-\

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Gash on Feb 25, 2015, 09:20:51 AM
Superman Returns was great right up until the end of the title sequence.

It was a pretty boring movie. Superman not once threw a punch.

Say what you will about III and IV, but at least Superman FOUGHT someone in those.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 25, 2015, 10:27:57 AMSay what you will about III and IV, but at least Superman FOUGHT someone in those.

Off topic, but terrible or not, watching Superman IV whilst slightly drunk with a good friend is one of the best movie-going experiences of my life. I maintain it's one of the greatest comedies ever made.

Rankles75

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 25, 2015, 10:13:36 AM
How do people feel about the Terminator retcon? I mean, to me, it's basically shitting on the original 2 movies. However I don't see all that much anger over it. Is that because it is a time travel series?

I don't acknowledge the existence of any Terminator film after 2. That was the perfect place to end it for me (plus everything that's come since has been shite)...

SpreadEagleBeagle

Reboot = Unimaginative & Cheap
Retcon = Lazy & Cheap

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed