- Half-Aliens sequel, half-standalone story.
- Ripley and Hicks are alive with no explanation, they're simply alive, Hicks scarred, probably Newt could be around, they're investigating the xenos.
- As for he continuity, I'd like it to remain kind of ambiguous, just like X-Men Days of Future which is a movie you can actually start watching no matter if you only saw the first two X-Men movies (Xavier is alive, Magneto is there, Wolverine has his adamtium claws and everything), you don't even have to have watched X-Men First Class.
- No mentions of Alien 3 or Resurrection, kind of mentions of Aliens or at least leave it for granted (because of Hicks's scars and stuff).
- In other words, simply a sort of reboot/alternate universe, just no worries about continuity as long as Ripley, Hicks, Newt and Bishop are there alive and well.
- Just sit down and enjoy the freaking movie.
- Haters gonna hate.
Oh, and I'd also like to see finally executed on big screen the idea of the xenos taking over Earth (AVPR doesn't count).
I'd personally like it to leave all that behind. I want a character study of Ripley 8 and her connection to the Aliens.
IMO, half-alien Ripley 8 was a bad idea, I can compare her to psychic Alice from Resident Evil, simply a stupid idea made to make her more of an action heroine and inject more action to a braindead sequel.
You know, I'm a huge Alien Resurrection lover, I think it's a terrific ride, but it just shouldn't have been an official canonic sequel, it felt much more like a comic book.