Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 293,948 times)

Perfect-Organism

Pants on fire!

Whos_Nick

Scott was throwing shade he didn't want anyone else showing him up with an Alien film

Username-Unavailable

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 02, 2017, 12:15:13 AM
Scott was throwing shade he didn't want anyone else showing him up with an Alien film

I want to see these two on a trashy daytime talk show, complete with chair throwing and comical fist fight.

Scorpio

There is no behind the scenes drama, folks.  Ridley Scott and Neill Blomkamp are professionals.  It's not RS being a tyrant and using his power to cancel another film.  It's a business, that's just how things work out.

Perhaps if Neill Blomkamp got his timing a little better then this whole thing would not have happened.  He should have at least consulted with Scott before pitching to the studio.  Not assigning any blame, but this whole mess could have been avoided.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 02, 2017, 03:07:44 AMIt's not RS being a tyrant and using his power to cancel another film.

Everything I've heard about the situation - including from insiders at Fox - says you're wrong.

Perfect-Organism

I think Huda is right.  It seems obvious now.

Whos_Nick

Especially when Ridley said "I don't give a shit" in regards to the Blomkamp film during press tour

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 02, 2017, 03:07:44 AM
He should have at least consulted with Scott before pitching to the studio.

Why? Scott doesn't own the Alien franchise.

And after the studio greenlit his pitch he did consult with Scott to avoid any conflicts with Prometheus 2's story.

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Dec 02, 2017, 04:19:45 PM
Especially when Ridley said "I don't give a shit" in regards to the Blomkamp film during press tour

He said that he didn't give a shit about the rumours that certain fans have been making-up.

Alionic

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 29, 2017, 05:25:32 PM
Little tidbit Neill dropped today...

Quote from: Neill Blomkampmy unmade alien script featured a space elevator

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/935911851128373248

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_elevator

lol Blomkamp is still sulking over this. He must be getting sick of making youtube clips now! :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

lol, why is he still sulking?  ???

Some real Olympic-class conclusion jumpers on this board!  :laugh:

Alionic

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 02, 2017, 09:28:02 PM
lol, why is he still sulking?  ???

Some real Olympic-class conclusion jumpers on this board!  :laugh:

You're right. He must be very happy about his cancelled film.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

He's long since moved on. Unlike certain people on here.

SM

Yeah, what kind of a loser goes out and creates things...

Alionic

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 02, 2017, 09:33:19 PM
He's long since moved on.

He knows studio execs monitor his social media accounts; his instagram posts initially landed him the job offer from FOX. He's obviously still interested in making the movie if he's still tweeting images and ideas (garnering interest) from his script. He has not moved on—which is fine, because I'd be interested in his film after Scott is done with the Covenant sequel.

And I'm willing to bet he's bitter towards Scott, but he wisely chooses not to go public with it.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 02, 2017, 09:59:37 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 02, 2017, 09:33:19 PM
He's long since moved on.

He knows studio execs monitor his social media accounts; his instagram posts initially landed him the job offer from FOX. He's obviously still interested in making the movie if he's still tweeting images and ideas (garnering interest) from his script. He has not moved on—which is fine, because I'd be interested in his film after Scott is done with the Covenant sequel.

And I'm willing to bet he's bitter towards Scott, but he wisely chooses not to go public with it.

This is the first time he's mentioned Alien publicly since an interview he did back in June or July (not sure which month). If he's talked about anything film related that he's working since then that isn't related to Oats, it's either The Gone World adaptation that he's working on or a District 9 followup. He's even said numerous times in interviews that he's accepted Alien's fate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed