Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 293,906 times)

NetworkATTH

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 17, 2015, 05:34:07 PM
Not all Thai prostitutes were underage or doing it against their will. Also keep in mind that Aliens was made during the mid-eighties, a different era before political correctness became the buzz word. I don't think the Cameron of today would have done it, but back then - certainly.

I think a majority of prostitutes in the Vietnam War were A) not treated with respect B) possibly underage C) all of it wasn't great at all. Sexual trauma is hardly good, if you can imagine the soldiers getting PTSD from war, well, there you go, you can get PTSD from every single thing those women and girls and boys endured as well. Suicide was probable. It's just such a shitty thing to joke about for the same entire reason it's shitty to openly go up to a Vet and say all the men he saw mangled by mines and strewn across fields of blood, with orange clouds of defoliant spreading past the treeline, and the distant sounds of gunfire, deserved to die and were pigs. Those people endured sexual violence, and very possibly beatings from xenophobic soldiers who would go another hour saying "All asians look the same as a matter of fact all asian pussy looks the same" or maybe traumatized drafted average people broken by what they saw and just used prostitutes as a way to release their pent up tension and energy, slamming them against the wall and slapping them. You could make a terrible person in war, good people can change into things they never thought possible, and might regret for the rest of their life, and the victims never get their stories told.

Saying jokes about the entire subject aren't politically correct is such crap. Because, if we can all put it towards uptight leftists who can't take a joke, what can be said if it affects the psyche of a vietnam vet listening in on that joke, or maybe a family member who knew someone who lived in Vietnam and never saw them again. How does comedy hold accountability for the subtext of jokes that furthers the ideas fully present in the time of the era said joke is about, that were used to distance from the acts done. Also it's just a matter of decency.

If explored in a context of how f**ked up it is, I'm all for it. Jokes about the violence of forced sex in war are not. As a matter of fact, there's reason we are capable of making jokes about the distant Vietnamese prostitutes, but not 240,000 German women raped by red infantry in World War II. Make a joke about the latter, a line is crossed, yet the former, you can get away with among friends.

Jokes about war by people who weren't there are just not fun for anyone, it's not a great thing to talk about.

[cancerblack]

For the record, I'd always assumed "Arcturia" was a pleasure world/city/space station/whatever, and the prostitutes in question are synthetics.

Although, I also remember a popular theory about them being maggot like creatures that humans have taken to raping. :/

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 17, 2015, 08:20:53 PM
For the record, I'd always assumed "Arcturia" was a pleasure world/city/space station/whatever, and the prostitutes in question are synthetics.
That's an interesting theory, it's one that probably would make sense, given synthetics being manufactored by competing companies and being developed at a more rapid rate probably by the time Aliens took place.
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 17, 2015, 08:20:53 PM

Although, I also remember a popular theory about them being maggot like creatures that humans have taken to raping. :/

Thanks for putting that in my head.

T Dog

just watched Elysium again.

He should cast Alice Braga again so that she can be a survivor of both a Predator and Alien.

Space Invader

I think there should be one (or two) new protagonists, Ripley and Hicks could be secondary characters.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 18, 2015, 12:52:12 AMHe should cast Alice Braga again so that she can be a survivor of both a Predator and Alien.

Then all she needs to do is survive a Terminator sequel and she'll be the new, inverse Bill Paxton.

Perfect-Organism

So looks like shooting for Alien 5 will be taking place in August with Michael Biehn confirming he is in.  Moving forward quickly.

[cancerblack]

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 18, 2015, 10:03:05 PM
Source?

Oh yeah.  Naturally I put the link in the thread about Alien 5 rumors and facts where it belongs.

Here it is...

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/michael-biehn-confirms-appearance-neill-blomkamps-alien-shooting-august/

NetworkATTH

I'm sure Biehn is ecstatic.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 18, 2015, 10:23:07 PM
I'm sure Biehn is ecstatic.

Can you imagine?  I think his character getting killed in Alien 3 literally broke his heart and embittered him.  Now 30 years later to get another chance at something like that has to be mind-blowing.  I wish him all the best.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 18, 2015, 10:04:58 PM

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/michael-biehn-confirms-appearance-neill-blomkamps-alien-shooting-august/

Thanks

*edit*

Lol, I don't think I'd realised there was a separate forum for this film now, was just watching this thread in the Show New Replies tracker

Son Of Kane

[cancerblack]

Looks like it's confirmed as a retcon then. Too bad for those peeps who insisted we didn't have enough info lol, this was obvious from day 1

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed