Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 293,959 times)

Gazz

Gazz

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/411255-neill-blomkamp-is-officially-taking-on-an-alien-sequel

QuoteDistrict 9 and Elysium helmer Neill Blomkamp made headlines last month when he posted a series of concept art designs for a new film in the 20th Century Fox's Alien franchise. Although the filmmaker admitted that the designs were unofficial, he hinted that he'd be more than happy to take on such a project. Today, Blomkamp posted a new image with a message that should make Alien franchise fans pretty happy!

"So I think it's officially my next film," he writes!

At this point it's uncertain precisely what route the new film will take or if Signourney Weaver (whose Ellen Ripley was featured in the concept designs) will be returning to the franchise.

"[Sigourney] knows about it," Blomkamp told ComingSoon.net last week, "and part of it was just inspired by speaking to her on set when we were filming 'Chappie,' and getting her thoughts on 'Alien' and what she thought of the movies that came after 'Aliens' and what she felt about Ripley and what was incomplete for her about Ripley. There was so much fuel in what she was telling me."

You can read more about Blomkamp's thoughts on the new project right here and check back for further information as soon as it becomes available!

Blomkamp's latest, Chappie, also stars Weaver and lands in theaters March 6!

UPDATE: Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN movie will take place AFTER the events of PROMETHEUS 2. Ridley Scott is producing BOTH

http://www.thewrap.com/neill-blomkamp-to-direct-alien-movie-for-20th-century-fox/

Prometheus Sequel is STILL happening.

RakaiThwei

So Alien V is happening...

Now all we need to know if it's going to continue where Resurrection left off.. or if it's going to be a retconning of Alien 3 and Resurrection.

MudButt

this is amazing news

LastSurvivor92

Prometheus can kiss my little ass goodbye. Bring It on Blomkamp. Give us fans the Alien film we've been wanting for!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Chronicle on Feb 19, 2015, 12:44:21 AM
Prometheus can kiss my little ass goodbye.

I'll laugh if Fox decides to stop the Prometheus sequel in favor for Alien V.

Corporal Hicks

Excited to know we're getting a new Alien film and from someone with talent.

Still feeling cautious as I do not want a retcon as has been hinted out.

Can't wait to see more news.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 19, 2015, 12:49:04 AM
Quote from: Chronicle on Feb 19, 2015, 12:44:21 AM
Prometheus can kiss my little ass goodbye.

I'll laugh if Fox decides to stop the Prometheus sequel in favor for Alien V.

I'd like to see both. With a Predator 4, a Prometheus 2 and an Alien 5 all we're missing now is a new AvP.

Nightmare Asylum

Whoa! Consider me extremely intrigued by this news.

Samus007

YES!!!! I am so excited right now! Woo!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 19, 2015, 12:49:19 AM
Still feeling cautious as I do not want a retcon as has been hinted out.

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaah... I'd be bummed out if it was a retcon. I'm hoping it's not.

Ultramorph

Very cool news! I hope it follows on from Resurrection, as I want to see more of that part of the universe.

Gazz

UPDATE: Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN movie will take place AFTER the events of PROMETHEUS 2. Ridley Scott is producing BOTH

http://www.thewrap.com/neill-blomkamp-to-direct-alien-movie-for-20th-century-fox/

TheBATMAN

If it is Alien 5 then I can't see Michael Biehn coming back. Reviving Hicks would just make no sense. I'd say he pops up in the concept art because it was done 'just for fun' at that stage.

Great news though. I'd still like to see Prometheus 2.

RakaiThwei

So it's going to be the Alien prequel then? Like.. THE Alien prequel which Prometheus was SUPPOSED to be?

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Gazz on Feb 19, 2015, 12:59:22 AM

ugh seriously....why

Can we please keep Ridley out of the picture? I'm acceptable of a Prometheus sequel but i'm sure as hell not happy if Blomkamp puts the same lore of prometheus into the film. I want Alien 5 to completley stray away from Ridley Scott's Prometheus and take place in the universe of the 4 Alien films or AT LEAST the first two.

Nightmare Asylum

Well, this being set post-Prometheus 2 is... odd. But something tells me that it'll be pretty standalone in its own right.

I still think bringing back Hicks is kind of dumb, but if it happens it happens. I don't really give a shit at this point. I'm just interested in seeing what Scott's take on this world looks like.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed