is it possible the inverse?
an half life 1 server modded as avp2?

KingKenny

KingKenny

Quote from: Lucifero on Apr 20, 2015, 07:44:24 AM
question is if avp2 was cloned by using the Half-Life engine
is it possible the inverse?
an half life 1 server modded as avp2?

The inverse of a AvP2 mod for HL1 would be a HL1 mod for AvP2. There have been half life maps made for AvP2, but the problem would be the models. If its just skins, sounds, attributes, etc it could be done.

Pretty much no one will make it though as its a lot of work.

Lucifero

Lucifero

If Mohammed will not go to the mountain, the mountain will go to Muhammad?
Or would it be better to become mountain rather than be Muhammad?

Well you propose to your initiative the solution!
avp2:ph=hl1:cs
avp2teamfotress:avp2=tf1:hl1

It is the first of the three kingdoms of the Underworld Christian visited by Dante during the trip, with the guidance of Virgil. Dante describes it as a huge chasm in the shape of an inverted cone, which opens in the bowels of the earth under the city of Jerusalem, in the northern hemisphere of the Earth. This underground cavity opened when Lucifer, thrown out of Heaven after his rebellion against God, was thrown to the center of the Earth where it is still conflict; the earth shrank for the contact with the devil and would form the mountain of Purgatory, which is the antithesis of Jerusalem, in the southern hemisphere.
On the door of Hell there is a written menacing dark-colored, which promises to those who through the pains of hell and the inability to go back; the door was off its hinges and allows easy access, this is because the triumphant Christ after the resurrection broke to go to Limbo and draw out the biblical patriarchs. We do not know precisely where you place this input, but Dante and Virgil takes almost a day to reach you after the episode of the dark forest.
Hell is divided into nine circles, similar to the frames rock surrounding the inside of the pit and hosting various damned. There is a vestibule, also called Antinferno, where there are the sloth. This site is divided from Hell itself from the river Acheron, where the damned are ferried by Charon in his boat. The The Circle, also called Limbo (from "border", or extreme edge of the abyss of hell), hosts the virtuous pagans and children died before baptism; these souls are neither damned nor prejudice and not suffer no penalty except the insatiable desire to see God (Virgil is one of them).
After the passage dell'Acheronte, the damned come before Minos, guardian of the II Circle and infernal judge. The souls confess all their sins and Minos indicates what is the circle where they will be destined, by twisting the long tail around the body.

KingKenny

KingKenny

I know Dante's inferno and all that. I don't follow luciferianism, baphomet, baal, molech, etc if that's what you're on about. Grand deceiver he is.

lol I don't know how any of that connects to AvP2 though.

Anyways, yes a half life mod could be made for AvP2. Probably no one will make it though.

There aren't many modders left for this game. I'm still working on my mod. I know there's the guy who's making the LAB mod (derivative of AJL mod). Deathly Ryan (on this forum) is making his mod and I know of maybe 2 others who make mods, but those are exclusively for their own personal use. Oh and I guess JP is still active with mods.

So if you really want a mod made for this game, your best bet is to learn how to make it for yourself.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Randomizer

Randomizer

I like how from this

QuoteAVP2 on Steam?

it turned into this. :laugh:

Sadly though, the AvPG forum seems the only thing that's keeping the community alive these days.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's our Lucifero!

Really need to get back on the AvPs. Too into Battlefields at the moment.

Olde

Olde

Quote from: KingKenny on Apr 22, 2015, 12:06:27 AM
So if you really want a mod made for this game, your best bet is to learn how to make it for yourself.

Agreed, but it seems lucifero wants everyone else to do his work for him.

KingKenny

KingKenny

Quote from: Olde on Apr 22, 2015, 08:10:32 AM

I didn't say it to sound mean. There's just not many modders left.

Lucifero

Lucifero

true not many. and another problem is the difference in school of thought.
many mods have already been made in the past
fotress AVP2 is just a small example of what could be created in past.
pity that this mod has not become popular.
do not get me wrong I love all the mods of AVP but honestly alj and the school of thought rebellion I never liked them.
maybe because I have a deep hatred than the rebelion.
I find most fascinating is the school of thought sierra
but this is just a personal preference.

I do not want to create a new mod
is used more as a dlc for HL1
only to realize the clood steam
I want to copy AVP2 just as it was created
my dream is make a offical tribute for sierra and fox .
but  i need a staf and probably rest a pipe dream

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KingKenny on Apr 23, 2015, 02:14:26 AM
Quote from: Olde on Apr 22, 2015, 08:10:32 AM

I didn't say it to sound mean. There's just not many modders left.

I always intended to learn to map, at the very least but I just never found the time. Makes me sad.

Lucifero

Lucifero

maybe my idea its a bit complicated for make
if you can not use the cloud of steam for copyright reasons I wonder what could be the alternative solution.
it is a real alternative exists. thanks to the work he has done mr x and its master server.
although I have some nostalgic for the old system of authentication of the cd rom in the days when it was not official yet.

would be nice to provide a support for all the people who still have an original CD. without taking anything away from those who do not have an original CD.
give the possibility to access through registration to those who have a genuine copy to download the game.
safely and not pirate a consolidated, updated version easy to install simple to download
compatible with all new operating systems,and why not in all  lenguage !
and why not give a choice to those who have a genuine hard to contribute to the community by providing it maybe your keys authentic or your discs in different languages?
the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion.
the main cause of the extinction of some old games
lies in the limitation of physical media not only to the problems of incompatibility.
the trend for the future of video games that will erase the physical media such as CD-ROMs and DVDs, to replace more and more with the technology cloud.
I wonder what is the easiest way to preserve everything in time.
I am aware that it will take many lunar cycles to achieve it.

avp2 is not a simple game its a religion and a powerfull virtual drug
I forgive fox maybe humanity was not ready for AVP2
Ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine Predator, et Marine, et Spiritus Alien.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FivCBymwu4#

Olde

Olde

Quote from: Lucifero on Apr 23, 2015, 10:36:57 AM
if you can not use the cloud of steam for copyright reasons I wonder what could be the alternative solution.
The alternative solution is to plaster "AVP2 FREE DOWNLOAD HERE" links everywhere. Seriously, that is the solution.
I don't know why ppl make such a big deal out of the fact that it's not on Steam. I've gotten several people into the game.
Just refer them to this page as I've done countless other times.
True, it won't give the community the same population it would if it actually were sold on Steam, but it's something.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Olde on Apr 23, 2015, 04:42:21 PM
Quote from: Lucifero on Apr 23, 2015, 10:36:57 AM
The alternative solution is to plaster "AVP2 FREE DOWNLOAD HERE" links everywhere. Seriously, that is the solution.
I don't know why ppl make such a big deal out of the fact that it's not on Steam. I've gotten several people into the game.
Just refer them to this page as I've done countless other times.
True, it won't give the community the same population it would if it actually were sold on Steam, but it's something.

True that.

Maybe i'll host the entire game one day....  and spread the word like crazy !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed