Alien Isolation Leading BAFTA Nominations

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 10, 2015, 03:32:55 PM

Author
Alien Isolation Leading BAFTA Nominations (Read 11,751 times)

Corporal Hicks

Anyone who has been following Alien Isolation’s Twitter or Facebook feeds will be aware of the multitude of awards that the game has been racking up over the last few months. However, a particularly prestigous award body, the BAFTA Game Awards, has just unveiled their nominations for 2015.

Clocking in with a total of 6 nominations, Alien Isolation has received more nominations than any other title.

Nominated categories include:

• Audio Achievement
  • Best Game
  • Best British Game
  • Game Design
  • Game Innovation
  • Music

The nominations are all well deserved – as are all the other awards that Alien Isolation has been given – and the team at AvP Galaxy would like to congratulate everyone involved in making the game that blew us all away in October.

Darkness

It's bound to win a few, definitely Best British Game and maybe one for the sound/music.

Can't believe Wolfenstein wasn't nominated. That was my favourite game of 2014.

Corporal Hicks

It definitely deserves Audio Achievement. I am continually impressed by how effective the sound design is in that game.

It's genuinely refreshing - as a fan - to have a game like this to be proud of. Especially after the recent years.

vikingr

If they ask, it gets all :D

It's one of my all time favorites for sure.

razeak

razeak

I could hands down say yes to everything except Best Game. For me, it's a toss up between A:I and.........Mario Kart 8. Both games are awesome.

Oh and Bayonetta 2 is neck and neck also.

Banner Saga did really well in sound and music also.

Crazy Rich

Well deserved nominations.

RedHood

I got to say, everything except Best Game. I had allot of fun with it and can't wait to return for another round with the DLC.

JazzX

Quote from: razeak on Feb 10, 2015, 11:13:13 PM
I could hands down say yes to everything except Best Game. For me, it's a toss up between A:I and.........Mario Kart 8. Both games are awesome.

Oh and Bayonetta 2 is neck and neck also.

Banner Saga did really well in sound and music also.

Hmmm - Mario Kart 8?
I'm sure it's an extremely entertaining game - but it is the latest in an "Octology" (!) - lol

There can't be much originality there. Unlike Alien, which dared to do something different and dared to shite all over people who play it badly and lose over and over again.

It WAS the best game of 2014.

Darkness

This is happening right now. Stream live here:

http://www.twitch.tv/bafta

Darkness

It's over. Alien Isolation won one award out of the six it was up for - Best Audio Achievement.

I thought it would have picked up more awards. Best Music went to Far Cry 4 somehow. Monument Valley won two awards. I liked it but the game lasted me about an hour before I finished it.

http://awards.bafta.org/award/2015/games

Adam802

It deserved every award

NickisSmart

Destiny won Best Game?

Hmm. That says it all.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: NickisSmart on Mar 13, 2015, 03:47:44 AM
Destiny won Best Game?

:-\ Yeah, my exact thoughts.

At least the team came away with one award and Audio was probably one of my favourite aspects of the game.

vikingr

It really should've won more. At least the one for the best British game.

HuDaFuK

I'm surprised this didn't pick up Best Game, but I flat out can't believe it lost to Destiny.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed