AvP2 Graphic Redux Mod - Upcoming Project

Started by Deathly_rYaN, Jan 30, 2015, 09:09:13 AM

Author
AvP2 Graphic Redux Mod - Upcoming Project (Read 35,456 times)

x-M-x

Sexy! love the alien!

JungleHunter87

QuoteSexy! love the alien!

Defiantly my favorite skin thus far.

Deathly_rYaN

Taking a break from the enviroment textures and such. And because of the feedback of the design concept for the Drone. I started to work on it.

The front WILL definitely need more work on. I might also brighten the head up a little more.

What are your suggestions and what type of skins would you like to see?

JungleHunter87

QuoteI might also brighten the head up a little more.

Personally I think you wouldn't have to brighten it up TOO much. If you aim is to get more of that clear dome look.

QuoteWhat are your suggestions and what type of skins would you like to see?

I'll be obvious and say seeing a Jungle Hunter/Anytime predator design would be cool. BUT... I honestly would like to see more original designs. Maybe partially inspired by the Comics. Like this one:

JP

Very good design especially on the head, but i would darken it a bit more because the eye sockets make it look like the drone really has eyes giving him a weird facial expression.

I dont know if you know this or not but you dont really have to be constrained by the original skin resolution, from my experience you can import a skin up to 1024x1024 into dedit, this allows you to get much more detail and more importantly avoid that cartoonish look that is characteristic of avp textures.

This are some of my experiments:

This kind of intricate detail would never be possible with the original 256x256 textures. Using a a texture that is effectively 16x larger will definetelly make the game heavier on the pc but the effect is dramatic for the best.

From my experiments i would say that 1024x1024 is the max res that dedit allows you to import, but if anyone could find a way of going over that limit that would be great.

Deathly_rYaN

Quote from: JP on Mar 24, 2015, 10:48:59 PM
Very good design especially on the head, but i would darken it a bit more because the eye sockets make it look like the drone really has eyes giving him a weird facial expression.

I dont know if you know this or not but you dont really have to be constrained by the original skin resolution, from my experience you can import a skin up to 1024x1024 into dedit, this allows you to get much more detail and more importantly avoid that cartoonish look that is characteristic of avp textures.

This are some of my experiments:

This kind of intricate detail would never be possible with the original 256x256 textures. Using a a texture that is effectively 16x larger will definetelly make the game heavier on the pc but the effect is dramatic for the best.

From my experiments i would say that 1024x1024 is the max res that dedit allows you to import, but if anyone could find a way of going over that limit that would be great.

I would need to upscale the textures file correct? It would be great to reach the amount of detail those weapons have. Just didn't know about it.

JP

I usually upscale the original texture and sharpen it with photoshop to make the little details come out but also to give it some texture, then i add the small details i want.

asudi

asudi

Quote from: JP on Mar 25, 2015, 12:47:50 AM
I usually upscale the original texture and sharpen it with photoshop to make the little details come out but also to give it some texture, then i add the small details i want.

Apakah itu bagaimana Anda juga mendapatkan menipu Anda, Anda brengsek

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Thanks to JP's tip about the upscaling to 1024x1024. The textures will be much more detailed than I knew was possible. And for that, I am releasing image of a prototype design of the planned one without the skull. It just wasn't working with the character model Making it look weird.

So here it is!

It's similar to the planned one, BTW I just have the dome done. Spend a good time on it.

Thoughts?

Corporal Hicks

Looks absolutely gorgeous! Nice work, looks much better now. The translucency looks great.

x-M-x

Look at that 'shine' lol- Awesone!

You should release the skins separate not just with the mod.

JungleHunter87

Now THAT is what I'm talking about. Who knew there was some good looking skins left to make in AvP2?

QuoteLooks absolutely gorgeous! Nice work, looks much better now. The translucency looks great.

QuoteLook at that 'shine' lol- Awesome!

^ Agreed. Giger woulda been proud...Well, that is if he was a gamer. lol

QuoteYou should release the skins separate not just with the mod.

Yes, I would hope each of the character skins you do would be separate releases as well.

JP

Quote from: Deathly_rYaN on Mar 25, 2015, 07:25:24 AM
Thanks to JP's tip about the upscaling to 1024x1024. The textures will be much more detailed than I knew was possible. And for that, I am releasing image of a prototype design of the planned one without the skull. It just wasn't working with the character model Making it look weird.

So here it is!

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc397/Deathly_rYaN/AlienDroneSkin1.png
It's similar to the planned one, BTW I just have the dome done. Spend a good time on it.

Thoughts?

This looks absolutely stuning, the bubbles inside the head eally give a sense of depth to that skin.

I was kind of inspired by this project and decided to give it a try myself and i came up with this

the only problem is that when i load it into an actual game model i get a blurry mess

Looks like the game isnt displaying all the colours or something. Does anyone have any ideas?

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

UPDATE ON THE ALIEN

Completed more of the head, just need to work under the head textures and a few others, then I will move onto the bodywork.

Quote from: JP on Mar 25, 2015, 07:44:24 PM

So here it is!

Thoughts?

This looks absolutely stuning, the bubbles inside the head eally give a sense of depth to that skin.

I was kind of inspired by this project and decided to give it a try myself and i came up with this

the only problem is that when i load it into an actual game model i get a blurry mess

http://i.imgur.com/7OK9FsV.png

Looks like the game isnt displaying all the colours or something. Does anyone have any ideas?

It's probably the model itself. Because with the drone, I have had to go back and re size parts of the new textures to make it fit on the character correctly.

x-M-x

Quote from: JP on Mar 25, 2015, 07:44:24 PM

So here it is!

Thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/7OK9FsV.png

Nice,  as for the blurry mess what textures properties did you use? default or random ones? also what res is it at? (my guess 1024 x 1024?)

It looks good enough man, remember the game is 15 years old the engine is old.. your pushing it to the 'limit'

Release it i'll host it.

get that badboy zipped.

NAOW

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed