AvP2 Graphic Redux Mod - Upcoming Project

Started by Deathly_rYaN, Jan 30, 2015, 09:09:13 AM

Author
AvP2 Graphic Redux Mod - Upcoming Project (Read 35,660 times)

Xhan

Check pms, and check the file tab for where and how to extract; you'll still need Tools to convert the DTXs.

KingKenny

Open a rez file with Dragon Unpacker (say AVP2.rez).

Right click on the folder you want to extract in the folder tree on the left sidebar. So if you want to extract it all, you right click on AVP2 folder in the sidebar and click extract all and enter the destination path.

Personally I use lithrez x AVP2.rez c:/FOLDER PATH/

I use Dragon Unpacker just when I want to extract a few files in a rez and not all of them.

OhMyHip

OhMyHip

you can use Dedit to convert the files to tgas. when you use Dedit you will need to generate a .DEP file*important* for loading the assets.  I unpacked the game...generated the dep.. then point Dedit to the unpacked dir w/ .DEP. for it to properly load the assets it'll also need to see them so add a text called "DirTypeTextures"(no ext) to all dirs. in textures folder. same for sounds"DirTypeSounds" and sprite "DirTypeSprites". when editing note the textures have added texture info so back up(copy paste) the dir and reference when needed. rightclick a texture and view the properties in Dedit to see what I mean by that. Tools are on the disc. also I noticed running the 2007 mod that it didn't fully load until I added the DirTypeTextures and ... files to all the directories. so they are required for it to run properly

JP

This looks like a really good project. Are you keeping all the original texture resolutions?

x-M-x

Any progress? or is it canned?

Deathly_rYaN

Quote from: x-M-x on Feb 20, 2015, 11:58:01 PM
Any progress? or is it canned?

I'm still going and continue it. No news yet. Just issues with the new computer I am moving the files too. Don't worry.

Corporal Hicks

Keep us apprised! :)

Darkblade 25

I can't wait to play it with that mod will be great it will feel like AVP 3.

x-M-x

Any progress?

quijju

Is this coming along? This game is long overdue for an overhaul!

Deathly_rYaN

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 17, 2015, 12:36:23 AM
Any progress?

No new info or anything yet. This whole week plus this upcoming week are going to be hell when it comes to work. But gladly i am part time. So i should have enough to continue working on this though.

Who knows. Maybe there will be a little teasers and such just to tease you! >:D

windebieste

Teasers..?  Oh, yes please!

Definitely looking forward to seeing what you are up to.  Thanks for putting the effort into such an old favourite. 

Marvelous to see ye olde 'AvP2' is still getting some modding attention!  :)

-Windebieste.

Deathly_rYaN

Just released new concept art!

The Alien - Drone design was aimed to be similar to the Alien in the first movie(Alien).

Other than this, no other news at this time.

Son Of Kane

Excellent Work

Corporal Hicks

That looks fantastic! Very nice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed