AvP2 Graphic Redux Mod - Upcoming Project

Started by Deathly_rYaN, Jan 30, 2015, 09:09:13 AM

Author
AvP2 Graphic Redux Mod - Upcoming Project (Read 35,706 times)

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Here.

Trying to create a rez file, but my memory is failing me again even when I went back through this whole thread and through the links. My computer doesn't read any of the files. But through Winrez I can for some reason.

I need help. because it is not working when I follow everything from the tutorials.

Lucifero

Lucifero

try in compatibility mode or run the program as administrator.
Welcome in windows 10 where the applications run in a totally random.
I think we're also lucky only if we can run the program dedit on new so.
This program was designed to run on Windows XP and has 15 years.

I extend to all a question ethics.
why this game continues to fascinate all ,why we continue to draw maps and skin?
it's so damn old ?.
yes its so dammed old but I think the point is that this game was too far ahead in concept.
the freedom of costumizzation.

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

All my programs run just fine. It might be just two things.

1. The skin is turning out transparent.
2. I am still just not doing it right.

The skin is basically done, just need to test it myself and touch up any additional parts of it. But that's it.

So the Rez file is in the Custom folder but even then it still doesn't work. Even without the rez file and running the skin through the skin folder that you see used to work, but doesn't now.
All the values are set to what JP said.
Nothing shows up in the Custom folder, only in the WinRez program.

And nothing still shows in-game. DeEdit shows the skin and a white box. So the Alpha texture is there.

Deathly_rYaN

Here is something before I leave for work right now!

x-M-x

AWESOME

;)

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Deathly_rYaN on Apr 27, 2016, 04:38:29 PM
Here is something before I leave for work right now!

Looks great!!

Deathly_rYaN

Here is a comparison photo that I just took. Right now this is the amount of detail that seems to make it into the game so far.

Corporal Hicks

Looking good! Loving the dirt.

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

So I am testing the Alien skin in the campaign mode since it works perfectly fine in Multiplayer.

I was going through the Marine mission where you have to go into the hive to find Hall, it seems that the Aliens are invisible until they die. The skin was visible during the Alien story in third person, but once it showed the cutscene after you reach the area where all the cats are in the cages, it is invisible and can't see it during the animation of waking up whne the humans discover it.

A closer image of the Alien

Le Celticant

Hey,

it looks great!
I can't wait to put my hands on it, I already love the look!

Cya

x-M-x

'DAT SHINE'

Looks good.

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

I've been working on the fps hands and tail lately, but before I can get it to Winde with the final copy I need to get it to work with npc and single player cutscenes.

I need to stop working on this for a little while. My 11 year old dog just passed on monday and I'm still freaking out about it. Havent slept or ate that much for the past two days straight, and I don't know how to handle anything right now. Sorry, I will eventually get back to work if I ever recover from this...

Lucifero

Lucifero

:(
poor dog

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Hey Deathly_rYaN,

May your Dog rest in peace  :'(
Best luck and courage!

Cya

Corporal Hicks

Sorry to hear, Ryan.  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed