Prometheus 2 plot

Started by polaris1924, Jan 24, 2015, 10:42:46 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 plot (Read 1,866 times)

polaris1924

polaris1924

I think that in Prometheus 2 shaw should be introduced to Enoch from the bible, because Enoch accented into the sky in a firey chariot with the Lord. That is what it says in the bible. Who else thinks that would be brilliant

Jenga

Jenga

Not to turn this into a pro/anti-religion comment (this has nothing to do with personal believe of your or I), but Scott has made it clear in several different instances that he isn't religious personally and I think his "getting away from gods and dragons" statement makes it seem like he is distancing the series from a sort of sci-fi explanations for religious stories slant that he took in the beginning of Prometheus. As such, I don't think this idea would fly (semi-pun intended).

polaris1924

polaris1924

I guess it would cause religious controversy but it is the ancient astronaut theory and I personslly subscribe to they gory that our ancient ancestors misunderstood alien technilogy and named them as gods.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Stay away from religion. that just mucks things up.

Infected

Infected

I think Shaw should play a lesser role as anyone else, and make sure the story is interesting and mind blowing like the first act of the original movie Alien when they enter the Derelic, lets go back to that undefinable stuff.

Liberator

Liberator

The more likely scenario is aliens would be no more knowledgeable about gods than we are.  Faith is a choice, not information or fact that can be proved.  Shaw chooses to believe in God, and I expect the movie to at least leave the question of whether God exists unanswered if they don't permit her to find Him or one of his representatives and speak with them.  What I expect will happen is the movie will focus on Shaw and David's relationship, and David will try to take over or destroy the engineers' civilization.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I honestly have no idea where they'll take Prometheus 2, and i'm honestly not that interested in finding out. Prometheus is, much like Roger Ebert said of Alien 3, a beautiful bad movie. It's got one stand out performance, some really great visuals, and a few moments that really remind me of the greatness of the original Alien films, but the rest is just a mess and I haven't found myself interested in revisiting it.

Gash

Gash

I have no idea where they will take it either, but it interests me a lot more than the new adventures of Ripley 8.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I hope they take it to the engineers home world where we find some seriously f**k up shit happening.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed