I improved the FPS on PC by editing the file TASKS.TXT
I edited the line that controls how many processors are used. My PC has 8 threads (4 processors with hypertreading), but the file only had 4 threads set.
The original line said:
and I switched to:
The improvements on average FPS are variable, but roughly those:
Originally, lab_room had the slower average FPS, so it is a good gain.
Yet, I noted that only 4 threads are active at a given time, the same as originally, so I don't know why there is an improvement, but I ran many times the benchmark with the original, and edited file, and I measured a reliable improvement.