Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Out January 13

Started by ikarop, Jan 12, 2015, 10:17:06 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Out January 13 (Read 13,455 times)

newbeing

newbeing

This actually sounds pretty cool. Like that it's a large open area with survivors. Always felt like they really added a lot to the dynamic.

Edit: rereading the article I can't really tell if it's much different from the other survival modes.

Corporal Hicks

I like the sounds of the human elements but it doesn't sound too different atm. Will have to see how it plays out tomorrow.

szkoki

okay. is it me or we get way to much for this price? especially the actual price.

nice!

Crazy Rich

I'm at the least intrigued by Salvage mode.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Release is upon us!

http://alienisolation.com/news/2015/01/13/a-third-add-on-pack-a-new-challenge-mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT0ok2pLbFQ&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DZT0ok2pLbFQ&has_verified=1

"'Safe Haven' will allow you to play as new character Hughes, Sevastopol's Station's Communications Manager.

Trapped in a safe room and desperate to escape, Hughes' only chance is to take on ten tasks given at the communications terminal in the lower decks of the station.

Every task is one step closer to escape but will require the utmost stealth and skill as Hughes confronts the station's life-threatening challenges – a crumbling environment and the toughest foes - as he works to restore communications and get away.

In 'Safe Haven', be ready to experience a different side to Survivor Mode. With a far larger challenge map and only one life to survive with, each level will test your skills with new objectives, a different enemy type and the risk that one wrong move will be your last.

Completing each challenge will unlock rewards and points, with new items to collect and craft. Gather enough points and you'll be able to trade them in for a chance to save and bank your progress.

Should you fail at any point, you'll be taken back to your last saved challenge but it comes at the cost of your final score and the place on our leader boards.

Will you favour safety over the highest score? How will you survive? Get a taster of what's waiting for you in our trailer:"

The official page doesn't reference the Marathon mode GameSpot mentions.

They've confirmed on Facebook that Marathon mode is also included.

HuDaFuK

It's probably too much to hope they might have added some actual character development to this one. I would've liked to find out more about poor old Hughes.

ikarop

It says available on Steam from 09:00 GMT (01:00 PST), Tuesday 13th January, yet nothing on my end.

Corporal Hicks

Are there any options in-game? I can't remember.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 13, 2015, 11:50:05 AMAre there any options in-game? I can't remember.

Options for what?

Corporal Hicks

To download the DLC - instead of through the Steam UI.

janenad

I still don't have the dlc even though the release time has passed.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 13, 2015, 12:05:27 PMTo download the DLC - instead of through the Steam UI.

Oh I see! Console versions usually have an in-game link to the corresponding section of the relevant store, can't see why the PC version would be different.

newbeing

I have it on steam it would seem. Played a very little bit of it.

Corporal Hicks

Thoughts so far?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed