Cant do Sierra Update/connect to 'Multiplayer Internet' AGAIN! errrr

Started by armyofda12monkeys, Feb 04, 2007, 08:14:04 PM

Author
Cant do Sierra Update/connect to 'Multiplayer Internet' AGAIN! errrr (Read 9,224 times)

armyofda12monkeys

armyofda12monkeys

I was wondering why i cannot connect to find multiplayer games...
but i tried this simple test to see if i can even contact Sierra's servers... Doing the Sierra Update, which says...

says:
Checking for Updated version for a good minute.
Then says...
Unable to connect to control servers.
Please check itnernet connection.
Serverlist:
alienvspredator.m1.sierra.com:15104
alienvspredator.m2.sierra.com:15104
alienvspredator.m3.sierra.com:15104

I tried connecting without the router during these times.
I am using Verizon DSL.

I have to admit, I lost my cd-key if thats the issue just even connecting to do an Sierra Update...
So i tried using a few cd-keys i found on internet just to test out to see if i can connect to games.
Kills me they printed the cd key on the cd case, which i stupidly threw away few months ago, not realizing i needed it. I swear I am a very loyal fan of the AVP franchise and i actually bought AVP2, and provided following pic for proof so no one bashes me for trying to connect to Multiplayer with cd-key not of my own.
http://arihoj.freehostia.com/AVP2.html

Anyway i am gonna try to contact Sierra support to try to get my orig cd-key since this was in readme.txt but still want to know if a valid cd-key is needed for just getting an update from Sierra(even though i did find the 1.0.9.6 update to download on an AVP2 files website):
CD-KEY
Make sure you write down your CD-Key code in safe place! If you
uninstall the game and then reinstall it later, you will have to
re-enter your CD-Key. The CD-Key is required to player Internet
multiplayer. If you lose your CD-Key, please contact Sierra
customer service (contact information is at the bottom of this
readme).

Any help would be great,
Arian Hojat

Darkness

Sounds like a firewall problem. Do you have a software firewall? Have you setup your router correctly?

armyofda12monkeys

armyofda12monkeys

Hey Darkness,
thanks for quick reply...

I have Windows Firewall disabled and Norton Firewall disabled. and router is not connected at moment, using straight to Verizon DSL modem testing it out. I am perplexed. Sierra Update still works/should connect right?

PS i am a Web Developer/Computer Science guy so if you have any technical jargon for me to try,
go ahead and dont be shy using technical stuff I can try.

Thanks,
Arian

Darkness

Hmm, very strange if you still can't connect. I don't see why it would be a CD-Key problem even if you were using a random one because it would give you a different error. Make sure your game is updated I guess.

Just noticed that Sierra have taken down the AvP2 site and replaced it with a generic page. Wonder when they did that.

armyofda12monkeys

Yeh i already updated to latest 1.0.9.6 version.

So can u connect with Sierra's update utility?

Darkness

Yeah, my Sierra Update works perfectly.

armyofda12monkeys

woo hoo, set my DSL modem to be in Bridged protocol and Bridged Mode. then set Private DHCP to off on it.

so now router should handle all port forwarding and authenitcation....

then had to goto router settings and set to connection type as PPPOE instead of dynamic IP [since router will handle all authenication and connection to verizon now]. entered my verizon username and password, set Always On connection option, used dynamic PPPOE option.

and it connected to internet and Gamespy arcade 2.0 and AVP2 Sierra update work fine now. Didnt even have to forward ports yet.

Avpvet2006

oh  looks like you had it done nevermind well good luck Happy hunting

armyofda12monkeys

armyofda12monkeys

poop seems like it stopped working! errrr.

I am kinda annoyed cause i bought another AVP2 off ebay that i just recieved., and am using a good serial instead of the one i was using before that i found online (which i was using because i lost my orig cd key).

Anyway it was working that one night that i was happy, and now it doesnt work. didnt change anything. I am trouble shooting and not working.

Is there anyway i would be banned from Sierra Update or AVP2 Multiplayer Internet for using a bad serial once a few nights ago?

the message i get for Sierra Update is:
Checking for Updated version for a good minute.
Then says...
Unable to connect to control servers.
Please check itnernet connection.
Serverlist:
alienvspredator.m1.sierra.com:15104
alienvspredator.m2.sierra.com:15104
alienvspredator.m3.sierra.com:15104

And when i try to get on AVP2 Multiplayer Internet is:
'Checking Game version' popup box...
then i get the '-- Failed Version Check --' popup where it says my internet could be down or their verification servers are down.

I have all these AVP2/SierraUpdate/Gamespy related ports forwarded on router,
even tried setting my computer no DMZ. no luck...
Tried also going straight from DSL modem with no firewall turned on the modem. no luck.

Ports
2300-2400
7000-10000
27888-27900

Ill try one more time tonight without router connected. going stright through PPPOE and no firewall on modem turned on.

armyofda12monkeys

installed AVP2 on my sisters computer on network.
everything seems to work fine there.

errr i think its a security setting, that i dont have access to certain folders/files to run maybe.
because i did notice past few days i could not access certain files in folders because of permissions, even though Administrator should have access to them. Let u all know what happens.

Might need to reinstall windows :(

even though norton firewall disabled, ill try uninstalling that 1st be4 that step.

~Jarrecko~

Huh, well If you bought a brand new game with an original cd key I don't understand why it wouldn't work on your comp unless you got a bad computer to run it on..

Avpvet2006

doesnt make since either ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed