GAME UPDATE ACROSS ALL FORMATS NOW AVAILABLE - INCLUDING TWO NEW DIFFICULTY MODE

Started by Taxemic, Dec 09, 2014, 05:44:14 PM

Author
GAME UPDATE ACROSS ALL FORMATS NOW AVAILABLE - INCLUDING TWO NEW DIFFICULTY MODE (Read 16,986 times)

Taxemic

QuoteYou can now all download a new update for the game today, which also includes two new (and pretty awesome) Difficulty Modes - Nightmare and Novice.

Our news article has the full details here: http://bit.ly/1vK2yDt

However, here's a quick the summary of the new difficulty Modes you can get stuck in to!

Nightmare - for those with a strong disposition and the urge to take their Alien: Isolation experience to the next level:

Broken Motion Tracker - a distorted signal with unreliable information
    Reduced resources
    Authentic flamethrower - fuel is rare to find and burns faster
    Map systems are offline and hack systems are harder
    Synthetics and survivors are more hostile
    Alien AI has been upgraded to be more aggressive, adapting faster and affording no second chances to anyone

Novice - for those wanting a bit more breathing space:

More resources to be found, increasing survival chances
    Synthetics and fellow survivors are less aggressive and easier to survive
    Alien is less menacing, less aggressive and easier to distract

You'll be able to get the new update for your platforms now.

http://forums.alienisolation.com/forum/main-category/official-updates/30654-game-update-across-all-formats-now-available-including-two-new-difficulty-modes

PsyKore

F**k yeah, nightmare sounds awesome! ;D

PRJ_since1990

Lovely. Hopefully there will be difficulty based achivements to unlock. I found hard mode to be difficult enough. My body isn't ready for this new definition of pain and suffering.

Engineer

Oh that's awesome! Anyone know if any new achievements added for nightmare mode? Or is it possible to unlock existing achievements on novice?

shakermakerman

Sod that had kittens on normal lol

Mr. Clemens

Awesome! Something to do when I'm in my 60's. :D

razeak

razeak

Ugh. If they have trophies for Nightmare mode, I have to go back to Sevastopol.

Haha. If IGN plays it on Nightmare, it gets a 3.0 because it's too difficult. ;D

ClockworkHorror

Oh, man... Nightmare mode is for the masochist inside of all of is! No ammo counter and less flamethrower fuel... Good Gods! 'Suck flames you Alien freak!' *sputter* 'Oh fu-'

Engineer

Ok, just got home from work and launched the game... No update... Am I missing something? This update went out today, right?

ChanceVance

Nightmare difficulty sounds like it'll be artificially difficult in the sense that it'll be extremely cheap. Love to hear how it actually plays out in-game though

radtils

I would like nightmare more if they made the alien silent instead of an elephant. Never had to use the motion tracker playing the game for the first time... On hard.

newbeing

Played a few hours of Nightmare difficulty from the start of the game. I'm about six missions in I think and really the only noticeable spike in difficulty is the lack of items. Many corpses don't seem to have anything on them and only 1 in 10-12 boxes will have any supplies, which has made me very picky about crafting. Getting shot twice will put you down. Haven't been attacked by any androids yet. I'm actually getting pretty decent at sneaking. Didn't get killed at all in the medical area. Was actually able to trap a couple of droids in a small room, which was pretty funny.

One thing I have noticed is behaviors or scripted bits with the Alien that I've never seen before. Might just be that I never noticed them before. Examples are
Spoiler
when going too android storage the group just before the storage area gets attacked. The alien grabs one of the guys and takes him into the vent. A similar thing occurs again once a little later.
[close]
Doubt any of that has to do with the update.

The Alien behavior seems about the same. I haven't used any crafted items, weapons or flares on him yet though.

Gotta say the hud-less view is my favorite part.

Engineer

Quote from: newbeing on Dec 10, 2014, 05:16:29 AM
Played a few hours of Nightmare difficulty from the start of the game. I'm about six missions in I think and really the only noticeable spike in difficulty is the lack of items. Many corpses don't seem to have anything on them and only 1 in 10-12 boxes will have any supplies, which has made me very picky about crafting. Getting shot twice will put you down. Haven't been attacked by any androids yet. I'm actually getting pretty decent at sneaking. Didn't get killed at all in the medical area. Was actually able to trap a couple of droids in a small room, which was pretty funny.

One thing I have noticed is behaviors or scripted bits with the Alien that I've never seen before. Might just be that I never noticed them before. Examples are
Spoiler
when going too android storage the group just before the storage area gets attacked. The alien grabs one of the guys and takes him into the vent. A similar thing occurs again once a little later.
[close]

The Alien behavior seems about the same. I haven't used any crafted items, weapons or flares on him yet though.

What system are you playing on? Did you have to do something specific to download the update? I still haven't recieved it yet! Wtf!

newbeing

Quote from: Engineer on Dec 10, 2014, 05:21:33 AM
Quote from: newbeing on Dec 10, 2014, 05:16:29 AM

Spoiler
[close]

What system are you playing on? Did you have to do something specific to download the update? I still haven't recieved it yet! Wtf!
I 'm playing on Steam. The update occurred automatically for me via steam and the new difficulties were available when I started the game.

Engineer

Hmm... Maybe I need to give it a couple days. I'm playing on xbox360. Maybe the update started rolling out today but won't hit the older systems till tomorrow or something. I can't wait to try out nightmare though... As twisted as that may be...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed