Is there a way to cap FPS for smoother gameplay?

Started by jakobkraft, Dec 08, 2014, 07:42:40 PM

Author
Is there a way to cap FPS for smoother gameplay? (Read 1,619 times)

jakobkraft

I know it seems like a strange request but is there a way to cap FPS in Alien Isolation? My pc is not that powerful, core i5 with HD4400, and is able to run it decently so far, but the frames keep jumping up and down, it's kind of distracting. I recently played FarCry3 and FarCry4 on the same pc and was able to cap the fps using a command (I think fpsmax=40) in a config file and this made the game much smoother and much more enjoyable.

Is there a similar way I can cap the fps in Alien Isolation? Any help would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!

newbeing

There might be a way to go into the games files and set a max framerate. The only other way I know is to turn on V-sync, but I'm sure that's not precisely what you're looking for considering it only caps it to 60fps or whatever your monitors refresh rate was.

here's a thread on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/app/214490/discussions/0/619569608624423784/

suggested options in the thread:

download MSI Afterburner to cap framerate
use nVidia inspector to cap framerate
use "-vsync_at_30" command line

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed